UFC (MMA) Thread

RestlessSoul

I saw that fight. Honestly, that was so embarrassing, he was gassed out in the first round and only won because the opponent was worse.
Plus one has so many divisions between the same weight class.
I mean, he won the championship and then called out AEW and WWE, that shows how weak one's heavyweight division is.

True that, it was so strange to see him call out WWE , UFC I understand but WWE when you are a MMA champion is so strange.

I read up about One because I did not have much info about it, apparently it’s the biggest MMA company in Asia so I guess that’s still significant.

Also they have signed Ritu Phogat. I saw all her fights and the girl is good considering she just started. I am hoping atleast she does something good for the Indian MMA scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, achilles said:

Well he knocked out Hooker emphatically so I'd say he's in appropriate company, and by the way he reacted to the loss, he's got a great attitude too. I do think he'll get the belt soon. That was a crazy 6 minutes.

No, that's fair. Hooker is a machine, but then he was also coming off a loss (to Poirier?) so who knows where his mind was at? Chandler looked really good in both fights, though. Great addition to the division.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Anyone watches One Championship? An Indian has become the heavyweight champion, I think this is the first time an Indian has won a MMA championship.

Both him and KB Bhullar were in the UFC. The latter just got after a couple of horrible fights. I don't think either were at UFC level.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Way too many leg breaks recently, too. I'm not sure those can be prevented either. You can't really bar low leg kicks.

I missed the fight...did it break be cause he got checked too may times?

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

I missed the fight...did it break be cause he got checked too may times?

That's was Poirier says but I don't think that is the case. I have been following MMA for years and I have seen all kinds of injuries and their analysis, there is no way that the bone would have sustained with such a fracture for so long.

It would have gone right in half, Conor did put a lot of force on that leg and landed a cross on Poirier and it didn't budge.

That angle at which his feet landed, I am sure that it was just an unlucky step and twist at the exact position where the blades meet.

Not that Poirier didn't score R1, he did great but the fight wasn't over by any means. Conor landed some great shots.

Anyway, Dana called for a 4th fight, Conor wants it and Poirier wants it too. So we'll see in 2022 but man, Conor really needs to get his act together. His coaches really need to get him the fook down from the high he keeps having.

264 was such a fun card, right from the joker haired zombie Moutinho, but ultimately inconsequential.
Kind of a crazy end with the leg break. Has anyone come back better with this kind of an injury? Conor is falling almost as fast as he rose. None of the things that made us want to watch him are there now: the wit, the calm, the charisma, the victories. 
Mayweather-McGregor press conferences was peak Conor. 

11 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

there is no way that the bone would have sustained with such a fracture for so long.

It may have been a minor hairline thing which caused the rest of the tibia to give way when he landed off balance, and took the fibula with it. Brittle structures can be quite unpredictable like that. 
Quite painful to see.  

15 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Way too many leg breaks recently, too. I'm not sure those can be prevented either. You can't really bar low leg kicks.

The calf kick is such an OP move though, this accompanied risk of a potentially career ending leg break may just keep people from trying to abuse it. 

edit: and if someone from the Sony liv team is reading this, just, shame on you guys for creating this ugly, incoherent, borderline abusive app and putting it out there. 

Edited by achilles

16 minutes ago, achilles said:

It may have been a minor hairline thing which caused the rest of the tibia to give way when he landed off balance, and took the fibula with it. Brittle structures can be quite unpredictable like that. 

Quite painful to see.  

The force in those kicks was just too much for tibia to stay intact with a hairline during the followup.

I went back and saw the entire thing again, the checks were done on the feet and not the part of the shin where it broke. The problem was in the ankle which made the blades tear up.

Kavanaugh says that Conor did sustain an ankle injury in the camp but they did a scan and it didn't seem that bad, that might have been aggravated in the fight.

And if you follow MMA, you know Kavanaugh is as honest as they come, he has always been critical of Conor's failures and never minced his words so if he says that there might have been an ankle side to it then I believe him.

Again, we'll never know. Have to wait for 2022.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw Usman vs Covington.

That was a tie at best. I think Colby got better of Usman in rounds 3/4/5.

The scorecards also say that judges were completely split about round 3 and 5.

Was clearly a takedown in 3rd, every commentator was saying it. Officials didn't score it as a takedown. 

Bad officiating.

No way it could have been 49-46 as one judge scored.

Feeling sad for Colby, I think he deserved to win.

Edited by KunjanPSD

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...