UFC (MMA) Thread

RestlessSoul

6 minutes ago, sagarjalvi said:

where do you used to train? My gym here in Jaipur is still closed where as their main branch in Gurgaon is open. :( 

My nearby gym. It was a single place operation but was really good. It closed for good during Corona. All I can find now is Cult but not sure how good that is and I don't think they have BJJ or Muay Thai.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 8:25 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Damn, Crute's injury was hard to see but 

Weidman :O

That is nasty. Can't believe what I saw.

And talk about crazy coincidences after what happened with Silva. Brutal.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:42 AM, achilles said:

Iron Michael Chandler will be the next UFC lightweight champion.  

Prediction. 

Edit: a bit late, but UFC has been killing it lately. 260 & 261 were absolutely bonkers. 

Edited by achilles

23 hours ago, achilles said:

Prediction.

I suppose the good news is that he had a late start to his career, so he's got some miles left in the tank. But I don't know how he'll do against UFC-level competition :/

10 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

I suppose the good news is that he had a late start to his career, so he's got some miles left in the tank. But I don't know how he'll do against UFC-level competition :/

Should have directly started him against Gaethje.

and that's how you overcome the adversity. Charles Oliveira.

I had him for the win but didn't think he would tko Chandler. Shows Charles punches pack some power as well. Great card ! Sadly, tony is done for. 

Lightweight seems interesting as always !

2 hours ago, iamgulshan said:

and that's how you overcome the adversity. Charles Oliveira.

I had him for the win but didn't think he would tko Chandler. Shows Charles punches pack some power as well. Great card ! Sadly, tony is done for. 

Lightweight seems interesting as always !

I was on the fence because I knew that Chandler packed power and that he keeps on coming back (his fight with Alvarez was amazing).

But Oliveira's technique was perfect, right hand never dropped down, the left hand was ready to throw that hook right next to his face.

Idk what Tony will do, looks like this was the end.

Tony's got a wall to climb. It isn't impossible, but he looks totally demotivated.

And Oliveira, damn. Not really the most definitive win considering Chandler dominated R1, though. Lucky punch just got through, I guess?

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Tony's got a wall to climb. It isn't impossible, but he looks totally demotivated.

And Oliveira, damn. Not really the most definitive win considering Chandler dominated R1, though. Lucky punch just got through, I guess?

Tony has had great success with his unorthodox, wild and chaotic style but unfortunately because of that his fundamentals have not improved.

Gaethje uncovered his striking and Oliveira uncovered his grappling, Dairush just capped it off. There is no way he could have done well against Khabib from his back.

Certainly not a lucky punch. It was absolutely perfect. Hands came back to the face quickly, hips turning in for the hook. Technicals were great. Plus he almost submitted Chandler in the first round.

He was getting clicked when he was on the back foot but in 2nd round he changed it to go with the front.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, Keyofx said:

Well he knocked out Hooker emphatically so I'd say he's in appropriate company, and by the way he reacted to the loss, he's got a great attitude too. I do think he'll get the belt soon. That was a crazy 6 minutes. 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:54 PM, Keyofx said:

I think Chandler just didn't expect Oliveira to come at him like that. That last left from Oliveira when Chandler was on the run right next to the cage was a thing of beauty. Right up Main Street. :D

21 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

He was getting clicked when he was on the back foot but in 2nd round he changed it to go with the front.

Felt like Chandler eased up a bit towards the end, I think he could've finished Ol. Though Oliveira did well to get out of that charge. 

• Like 1

Anyone watches One Championship? An Indian has become the heavyweight champion, I think this is the first time an Indian has won a MMA championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, i_rock098 said:

Anyone watches One Championship? An Indian has become the heavyweight champion, I think this is the first time an Indian has won a MMA championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that fight. Honestly, that was so embarrassing, he was gassed out in the first round and only won because the opponent was worse.

Plus one has so many divisions between the same weight class.

I mean, he won the championship and then called out AEW and WWE, that shows how weak one's heavyweight division is.