My Den - My gaming world, HT room

AtheK

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff, but something is missing. It needs something Xtra. It's lacking the X-factor. :P

Add a 4k Blue Ray player capable of playing modern games then your set-up will become perfect :D

MS kitna pay karta hai aapko apne kabhi disclose nahi kiya

Great stuff, but something is missing. It needs something Xtra. It's lacking the X-factor. :P

Add a 4k Blue Ray player capable of playing modern games then your set-up will become perfect :D

Then I need a 4k projector or a 4k tv, the one I have is in living room.

Ps: its not blue ray but blu ray.

Super, Athek. Bummer that games don't look as good on the projector. I'm about to get my room done, and I am in a very similar place. Since I have no one else with me right now, I can pretty much go for what I want, and how I want it :P

I want to ask you a few things so maybe I'll just use this thread instead of PMs and others can maybe get some useful info too. First thing though, how's the sound like? And how big is the room?

Super, Athek. Bummer that games don't look as good on the projector. I'm about to get my room done, and I am in a very similar place. Since I have no one else with me right now, I can pretty much go for what I want, and how I want it :P

I want to ask you a few things so maybe I'll just use this thread instead of PMs and others can maybe get some useful info too. First thing though, how's the sound like? And how big is the room?

Sound is superb, again depends how much you wanna invest in the sound system, I paid close to 1.7 lacs for the entire system 4 yrs back, will be a bit costly now. The room is small @ 13*11

Haha. For that money it'd better sound superb. Would that work for a room of 20*25? Or do I need to add additional speakers/more power? And soundproofing, how easy is it to do for existing walls? I'm keeping exposed brick walls in my room. Does that matter?

Haha. For that money it'd better sound superb. Would that work for a room of 20*25? Or do I need to add additional speakers/more power? And soundproofing, how easy is it to do for existing walls? I'm keeping exposed brick walls in my room. Does that matter?

20*25 is a good size, to give you an example all my speakers are set in -ve volume by auddessey, so they can go quite loud and the setup I have can easily fill the room of your size. I will suggest go with a 7.1 or 7.2 setup with Dolby atmos setup. I would have loved to go with that but my room is too small.

Soundproofing is a tricky Gane, it's not easy and will need to be planned completely understanding your current setup, when you say exposed brickwalls, can you elaborate.

• 2 weeks later...

^Sounds good. I'll look into 7.2 and atmos and try to get more info. Also, I wouldn't quite like to spend that much at one go. If I can stagger and reach that final set up step by step, like say in a couple of years, that'd be ideal.

Exposed brick walls as in the bricks have no other layer of cement, primer, or paint on them. They're just that. Exposed brick. The shell has been constructed and I'll be starting the interiors if a couple of months. Who would be the best person to contact for soundproofing, the interiors professional or the audio set up professional?

Edit: and also, what screen did you use? The projector looks good from the link you've posted.

Edited by achilles

OT- But normally isn't a transparent primer coating applied to an exposed brick wall to prevent dust and sealing the cracks?

A clear primer, or any other sealer, sure. But I won't be using it. It gives a sort of artificial non weary look which I don't prefer.