Agents of Mayhem

Engineer

Saints Row dev reveals Agent of Mayhem for PS4, Xbox One, PC

Saints Row developer Volition has revealed a new third-person open world action game, Agents of Mayhem.

It’s due for release in 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

“Featuring an original storyline, trademark over-the-top open-world gameplay, and the look-and-feel of a distinctive superhero cosmos, Agents of Mayhem is a true Volition game,” said publisher Deep Silver.

“This new IP is a part of the Saints Row universe, sharing certain story elements, symbolism, and design inspiration with the multi-million selling franchise. Building on the unique skill of the AAA studio to continuously surprise, endear, and engage players, Agents of Mayhem represents the culmination of over a decade of open world experience and creativity. ”

Source: VG247

As you can see, Agents of Mayhem is in keeping with Volition’s modern design ingredients: an urban landscape, lots of open-world action, and a touch of the whimsical. As the trailer hints at, you play a squad of three agents, and use their unique skills in tandem to beat back the bad guys; which isn’t to say you’re necessarily controlling the “good” ones. Though they’re definitely a lot nicer than the mustache-twirling megalomaniacs of L.E.G.I.O.N., the agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. aren’t exactly heroes with a capital “H” either, which is part of their charm. Imagine letting the Suicide Squad loose in a futuristic version Seoul, Korea and you’ve got one foot in the ballpark.

So it's an exclusively single-player open-world action game featuring characters with cool guns, gadgets, and abilities to toy around with. There’s...a lot more to it than that though. What’s the connection, if any, to the Saints Row universe, what are you actually doing minute-to-minute, and what kind of characters can you play as? All will be answered in time

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/06/e3-2016-saints-row-developer-announces-agents-of-mayhem-a-ign-first

• 2 weeks later...

Damn those agents looks like Tracer, Soldier 76 and guy Zarya .. f**k Overwatch ruined my imagery.

Besides the game's Art Style looks quite good, tbh.

Tujhey real life mein tracer aur Zarya deekhney lagengay :P

• 10 months later...

Mixed opinions until now , I actually enjoyed saints row 1 & 2, three was okayish - too cartoony for my liking.

This seems more like a crackdown kind of game , which i initially enjoyed a lot , but got boring real fast !

• 2 months later...

Agents of Mayhem will have HDR support for the PlayStation 4 and PC.

The more powerful platforms will see an increase in population, civilian and vehicular, making a more dense and vibrant Seoul to create mayhem in.

The updates for Pro and Xbox One X are mostly about city density and utilising the stronger GPUs to render more population, both pedestrian and vehicular.

Available: 15 August

This game will unlock in approximately 4 weeks

Meh. Looks crap. Wish they worked on new Saints Row or complete that Dead Island 2 game which was teased 3 years ago. 1GzaIU7.png

Archived