Sign in to follow this  
slackerninja

IVG Podcast 42: Pre-E3 2016 games and new consoles speculation

E3 is once again upon is and aside from the speculation around games, there’s also talk of new hardware this time around.

e3-002.jpg

All that and more is discussed on our hour-long pre-E3 2016 edition of the IVG Podcast.

Here’s a list of some of the topics we’ve covered:

• Rising PC game prices in India
  • Flipkart’s online gaming championship
  • Battlefield 1’s absurd pricing
  • E3, one press conference at a time: Bethesda, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Sony, and the best of the rest
  • New console revisions: PS4 Neo and Xbox One 2/Scorpion

As always, you can download or stream this week’s podcast here. If you have a different podcast app on your device, throw our feed in there.

You can also check us out on iTunes, and if you like what we’re doing, please leave a rating and review.

Also, my question for the next podcast whenever it maybe is, why is everyone so salty?

Because every gaming company lies. And we haven't seen more than half of the games announced from last year. Also, iterative consoles are uncool.

I don't think the whole purpose of E3 is to show games that are releasing that year. Its a show to build hype and spectacle. I am glad that they show games that are 2 years out.

I'd agree with you if that was true. But we're two year since E3 2014. How many of those games have actually come out since then? Heck games from E3 2013 aren't out yet, forget those from 2014 or even 2015.

The only ones who have been consistent enough in announcing, marketing, and launching their games in the two year timeframe are MS and Bethesda. Everyone else is a sh*t show in this regard.

• Like 1

I'd agree with you if that was true. But we're two year since E3 2014. How many of those games have actually come out since then? Heck games from E3 2013 aren't out yet, forget those from 2014 or even 2015.

The only ones who have been consistent enough in announcing, marketing, and launching their games in the two year timeframe are MS and Bethesda. Everyone else is a sh*t show in this regard.

Quantum Break announced at the Xbox One reveal 2013, released in 2016.

Crackdown announced at E3 2014, still not out.

Fable Legends announced in August 2013, cancelled.

Phantom Dust announced at E3 2013, still not out but a remaster of the original is coming.

Scalebound announced at E3 2014, still not out.

Point is that Sony does 4 conferences in a year. Considering the number of exclusive games that they have in developement, there are bound to be games 2 years out. Also, apart from Shenmue, Death stranding and FF7 remake, i don't think there is any other game that sony announced and it won't come out in 2 years time.

Quantum Break announced at the Xbox One reveal 2013, released in 2016.

Crackdown announced at E3 2014, still not out.

Fable Legends announced in August 2013, cancelled.

Phantom Dust announced at E3 2013, still not out but a remaster of the original is coming.

Scalebound announced at E3 2014, still not out.

Point is that Sony does 4 conferences in a year. Considering the number of exclusive games that they have in developement, there are bound to be games 2 years out. Also, apart from Shenmue, Death stranding and FF7 remake, i don't think there is any other game that sony announced and it won't come out in 2 years time.

TLG announced in 2009, out this year.

GT Sport teased since forever, launching as the SFV of racers.

UC4 announced in 2013, out a month ago.

NMS announced in 2013, should be out this year.

Death Stranding announced this year. Work is yet to begin. ETA: 2020 if we're lucky.

No sign of Dreams, or the game Dave Jaffe was working on. Plus, no one knows what the hell Sucker Punch is working on.

Meanwhile, at least there was a release date on most things at MS. Heck there were even more games with a firm release window at Ubi and EA too.

• Like 2

TLG announced in 2009, out this year.

GT Sport teased since forever, launching as the SFV of racers.

UC4 announced in 2013, out a month ago.

NMS announced in 2013, should be out this year.

Death Stranding announced this year. Work is yet to begin. ETA: 2020 if we're lucky.

No sign of Dreams, or the game Dave Jaffe was working on. Plus, no one knows what the hell Sucker Punch is working on.

Meanwhile, at least there was a release date on most things at MS. Heck there were even more games with a firm release window at Ubi and EA too.

I don't really understand your concern. TLG is an old game and there is no point talking about it now. We all know what happened with it.

Sony is not developing NMS. GT sport was launched last year and is coming this year. Yes, we knew PD was working on GT for long but how does that make any difference. They officially launched it last year. Its like saying we know 343 has been working on Halo 6 for so long snd the game would finally come in 2018.

Dreams would definitely be at Gamescom/PGW and should launch next year. It was shown last year only. UC4 gpt delayed. That was a bummer, definitely.

Also, how does it matter id we don't know what sucker punch is working on. They are taking their time. What is wrong with they. If they show their gsme too soon, people would complain about that as well.

I don't really understand your concern. TLG is an old game and there is no point talking about it now. We all know what happened with it.

Sony is not developing NMS. GT sport was launched last year and is coming this year. Yes, we knew PD was working on GT for long but how does that make any difference. They officially launched it last year. Its like saying we know 343 has been working on Halo 6 for so long snd the game would finally come in 2018.

Dreams would definitely be at Gamescom/PGW and should launch next year. It was shown last year only. UC4 gpt delayed. That was a bummer, definitely.

Also, how does it matter id we don't know what sucker punch is working on. They are taking their time. What is wrong with they. If they show their gsme too soon, people would complain about that as well.

That back pedal dot gif

TLDR neither company has got it right, the sooner we understand that, the better :)

That back pedal dot gif

TLDR neither company has got it right, the sooner we understand that, the better :)

I never said that Sony is better . I didn't complain about either of the companies. My whole point was that showing games 2 years away isn't bad imo, especially considering the number of events in a year.

Same goes to Microsoft then?

They are "working" on new games but we don't know what it is and hence they didn't show new stuff at E3. They are taking their time working on it. What's wrong with it?

Or it's allowed only for SONY?

I didn't say anything regarding MS. When did i say they are wrong or anything like that? I was merely saying that showing games 2 years away isn't really bad, at least in my opinion. These conferences are all means to create hype and i actually like to know the games developers are working on even if the game is 2 years away. That goes for both sides.

I never said that Sony is better . I didn't complain about either of the companies. My whole point was that showing games 2 years away isn't bad imo, especially considering the number of events in a year.

This we can agree on.

Btw, never change your display pic. It never fails to cheer me up.

Sunset Overdrive - announced Jun 2013, 2014 released

Forza Horizon 2 - announced Jun 2014, 2014 released

Halo MCC - announced Jun 2014 , 2014 released

Rare Replay - announced Jun 2015, 2015 release

Gears Ultimate - announced Jun 2015, 2015 released

Halo 5 - announced Jun 2013, 2015 released

Forza 6 - announced Jun 2015, 2015 released

Dead Rising - announced Jun 2016, Dec 6 release date in 2016

Gears 4 - announced Jun 2015, Oct release date in 2016

Forza Horizon 3 - announced Jun 2016, Sep Release date in 2016

Ori - announced Jun 2014, March 2015 released

Killer instinct Season 2 - announced Jun 2014, 2014 released

Killer instinct season 3 - announced Aug 2015, March 2016 released

Recore - announced Jun 2015, Sep 2016 release date

Halo Wars 2 - announced Aug 2015, Feb 2017 release

Talking about major games only

That is more games released in less timeframe since their announcements than that of the other systems.

• Like 4

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this