Shadoken

On 5/16/2017 at 12:18 AM, Tyler said:

Glad you're enjoying it. The game really does switch gears after the dinner scene. Before that a lot of people might be inclined in thinking it's more of an Outlast/Amnesia-type game. Not that I didn't enjoy the first hour or so, as an Evil Dead fan I actually liked it a lot. This is also the first RE game that legitimately scared me. I usually don't find zombies/bioweapons (or even aliens for that matter) scary but this game has a slight supernatural vibe to it that made it quite effective.

I went a few pages back in the thread and this post is actually gave me comfort because that dinner and the crazy FAM shocked the daylights outta me! Felt straight out of a slasher movie, some real sadistic sequences.

I'll continue though. Decided not to quit...

2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

That old hag nearly gave me a heart attack with the jump scare through the windows!!

I'll remember that jump scare for the rest of my life. Literally screamed out loud when it happened and I don't think I'd ever done that before.

7 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'll remember that jump scare for the rest of my life. Literally screamed out loud when it happened and I don't think I'd ever done that before.

Yup, me too! I was making my way and suddenly out of nowhere that hag flew in as if! Holy sh*t, it made my heart pound my chest so hard. And then she mutated to a spider and started doing her acrobatics all over the room. f**king hell, it triggered my Arachnophobia!

Was not expecting this to suddenly show up in a game like this...

re7-2020-05-04-21-47-17-816.jpg

I was scared to even light the candle... knew something horrible would spring up or it would be a trap to my doom!

BTW, I thought Jack was a PITA but Lucas is no less... :ranting:

Edited by Black_Hawk

Completed the game today! Man, this was one scary ride. The way the game started, very few games have woken me up and gripped me with fear (literally!) in the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay. Still can't get over these two sequences:

1. The way Jack cuts the poor Deputy's head off into two in the Garage! Savage!!

2. The sequence where you have to extract the Snake Key by fisting into the Deputy's headless body. This one really made me squeamish! :wOOtjumpy:

The plantation was so thrilling to explore. The atmosphere outside the house, in the backyards was so uncanny. Jack and Marguerite along with Lucas sure gave me some nightmares!

I'll go ahead and play the "Not a Hero" DLC next.

I was actually a little disappointed with the last level in the Mines and the Final Boss fight. The Mines just seemed dull when compared the earlier plantation house and tanker levels which offered very atmospheric and terse gameplay.

The final boss was just a bullet sponge. Not much tactics needed at all other than aim and shoot with whatever ammo you had.

Edited by Black_Hawk

Completed the DLCs.

Not a Hero was okay-ish. It played out more like a FPS with hordes of enemy spawning together for you to mow down. Also, there is this one segment in the game where your in a tight space and the developer decided to spawn as many molded as he possibly could think of... I'm sure he lost count at some point!! :rofl:

I liked End of Zoe much more. Involved no guns at all. You basically have to rely on stealth, evasion and spears to take down the molded and crocs in swamps. Loved the Bionic Arm that you get towards the end, very satisfying to pummel those molded to a pulp. The last boss fight was hard! That Swamp Man took a lot of hits before he bit the dust.

17 hours ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

It makes me happy that sooner or later, both RE7 and RE2R sales gonna surpass the RE5/6 sales

Mar 2009  Resident Evil 5  -   7.6M

Oct 2012  Resident Evil 6 -  7.5M

Jan 2017  Resident Evil 7 -   7.5M

Jan 2019  Resident Evil 2 Remake - 6.6M

RE5 and 6 are actually way over 10m each. The Capcom website listing is only for the initial SKUs. It doesnt include the Gold Edition or other discounted SKUs. 

However ever since PS4/XB1 gen , Capcom have started combining all the SKUs of their titles. Thats why RE2,RE7..etc are moving up so fast. Thats why you see SFV on their top 10 titles lol.

10 minutes ago, Shadoken said:

RE5 and 6 are actually way over 10m each. The Capcom website listing is only for the initial SKUs. It doesnt include the Gold Edition or other discounted SKUs. 

However ever since PS4/XB1 gen , Capcom have started combining all the SKUs of their titles. Thats why RE2,RE7..etc are moving up so fast. Thats why you see SFV on their top 10 titles lol.

Ok.. didn't realised that. Hopefully next-gen, RE7 and RE2R will keep selling better than remastered versions of 5 and 6 , and cross 10M mark. I want Capcom to stay focused on survival based gameplay without even thinking of developing another action based entry.

13 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Ok.. didn't realised that. Hopefully next-gen, RE7 and RE2R will keep selling better than remastered versions of 5 and 6 , and cross 10M mark. I want Capcom to stay focused on survival based gameplay without even thinking of developing another action based entry.

I dont think they will. 

Even if they dont pass RE5/6. The newer titles have proven to be far more profitable because of their lower budget.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked it up again and this time played for few hours straight. Somehow dint feel any motion sickness. Controls for turning around took a little time to adjust though. Because of the reputation of the game I was a little jumpy at first, expecting a jump scare at every corner. This fear of the unknown got the best of me last time and I noped out at the point where you have to go down the stairs to enter the baker house. Now by the time Mia's encounter was over, I've got comfortable & the t*ts have calmed down. If there arent many jump scares, it should be a smooth ride from here.

Spoiler

Really felt that knife cutting through me at the dinner table.

On 11/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, Bauji said:

Picked it up again and this time played for few hours straight. Somehow dint feel any motion sickness. Controls for turning around took a little time to adjust though. Because of the reputation of the game I was a little jumpy at first, expecting a jump scare at every corner. This fear of the unknown got the best of me last time and I noped out at the point where you have to go down the stairs to enter the baker house. Now by the time Mia's encounter was over, I've got comfortable & the t*ts have calmed down. If there arent many jump scares, it should be a smooth ride from here.

Hide contents

Really felt that knife cutting through me at the dinner table.

You playin on VR ?