Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

the qte only popped up during the big setpiece. the core gameplay looks extremely solid. swinging around the city looks fun, the combat is fluid and has a ton of environmental stuff that can be triggered. 

i think this was more of a vertical slice than a proper demo so they crammed as much of the mechanics they could in it. esp loved the part at the end when spidey goes into first person view. 

My takeaways:

- Overall looks amazing (hehe)... love the detail in the environments and how snappy everything looks.

- Webslinging and movement seems very fluid and simple. This is what Insomniac does best.

- Combat looks like an upgraded Web of Shadows, which is probably my favorite Spider-Man combat system till date.

- Stealth is fine. Glad it's a thing, I liked the stealthy Spider-Man Noir missions in Shattered Dimensions. This looks like an upgrade to it. The Batman influence is still there.

- QTEs are ok. I'm usually not bothered by them in most games, here they simply exist as a way to make big cinematic moments feel interactive.

- Speaking of cinematic, damn the whole thing looked like a proper movie set-piece. Some may think it was a bit too "auto pilot" with all the QTEs and stuff but I'm sure this was supposed to be a centerpiece mission. I highly doubt the whole game will play like that.

- Miles Morales cameo was epic!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Doesn't really look impressive. Looks old, bland colour palette, the combat is nice but way too many scripted sequences and QTEs. 

I thought the opposite. The combat looks Batman-y and unimpressive but the visuals, movement etc looks pretty decent. But yeah, too QTE heavy. 

Is this tied in to the movie? He is using the same Stark Suit. 

I liked the trailer .... looks awesome,  like finally a proper spidey game. I see that many are complaining it's QTE heavy.  I dont mind it as long as the game has more of the spectacular set pieces as shown in the trailer !

I thought the opposite. The combat looks Batman-y and unimpressive but the visuals, movement etc looks pretty decent. But yeah, too QTE heavy. 

Is this tied in to the movie? He is using the same Stark Suit. 

No it's not tied in. The suit is different, that fugly white spider is a giveaway. There are no web gliders. Only thing common is eyes. The villains are different. AFAIK it's set in a different universe. It even has Miles Morales.
Also movie is releasing next month and game is releasing next year.

AFAIK Sony only has Spidey universe rights. There are enough characters in Spider-man universe to bring in though, at least for first game. If this succeeds commercially and critically, who knows, we might get more Marvel games from Sony. But those will be exclusives so it will kinda suck. Still better than going for Activision made games.

While it's not a movie tie-in it's Marvel's serious attempt at putting out high-quality games based on their characters, so no more quick cash grab movie tie-ins. They want to repeat what they did with the MCU for video games. I'm sure licensing for games works differently (just like animated movies and TV). We have stuff like Marvel Heroes which has a huge roster of characters.

Marvel actually said that they want to High quality genre defining games from now on.
They won't be interfering in the development and give as much time needed. Devs will have freedom with the story too.
At least that's what they said.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. Can't wait for a proper punisher game. Would be awesome if they give it to a studio like T2/R*.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Tyler said:

While it's not a movie tie-in it's Marvel's serious attempt at putting out high-quality games based on their characters, so no more quick cash grab movie tie-ins. They want to repeat what they did with the MCU for video games. I'm sure licensing for games works differently (just like animated movies and TV). We have stuff like Marvel Heroes which has a huge roster of characters.

There's also an Avengers game coming out being developed by CD and published by SE, so we should expect some high quality Marvel stuff soon. 

38 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

There's also an Avengers game coming out being developed by CD and published by SE, so we should expect some high quality Marvel stuff soon. 

That Avengers game which was announced few weeks back is free to play.
Doesn't look good..

Creative director Bryan Intihar addressed the quick-time events shown in Sony’s conference and emphasized that they’re meant to punctuate blockbuster moments rather than define whole sections of the game. “The superhero experience isn’t fully there unless you have those big set pieces that only someone like Spider-Man can survive,” Intihar says. “For us, that can’t be the game, but you have a sense of spectacle. Sometimes we are going to do things that even break the core of the traversal or the combat. It’s not something we rely on, but it’s something we’re going to use to our advantage.”

• Like 1

What exactly is wrong in pressing a few buttons when the cutscenes are playing ? It kinda gives you a sense of control ! Ppl on the interwebs .... Just need a reason to complain :-/

Excellent Demo.Game looks to take Cinematic Approach which is nice.Should not be overdone though.

I hope Missions is Varied.Hope Story is good.Gameplay looks Fluid.

My First Spidey game yay

Its the internet bruh.
They'll judge a 20-30 hours game with 5 minutes footage.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

True, if you can't have cinematic set pieces in a superhero game, then where else ? For now, the game is really looking good. All I hope is, the game doesn't come padded with repetitive fetch quests !