Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

• The game is singleplayer only.
  • The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.
  • The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.
  • You won't be killing anyone in the game.
  • There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.
  • The mission from the gameplay demo will be a bit different in the final version. For example, they mention you save a lot more people in the actual game, and there are actually failure states, but for the purposes of the demo, they changed things up a bit.
  • They note that Spider-Man is 23 in the game, and has been Spider-Man for eight years, so he's pretty accomplished, though as you might have noticed in the trailer, far from 100% confident in himself.
  • They confirm that Miles Morales was the guy at the end of the trailer. They won't say if he's playable, but they mentioned he's there because they want to show this is a different kind of Spider-Man story.
  • They also note that Miles' role is much bigger than a cameo.
  • Marvel noted that they want their games to help develop their less well known characters as well, and Insomniac mentioned that Miles' inclusion was also part of this initiative. Marvel had previously noted that they view diversity in gaming as extremely important, so there's that factor as well.
  • There will also be villains beyond Mr. Negative and Kingpin.
  • They talk a bit more about the gadgets and how you can use things like tripwires on two people instead of just traditionally. They're trying to have a lot of combat options.
  • In case it wasn't obvious, this is not tied to any existing Spider-Man story.
  • For the most neurotic fans, Insomniac assures that the white Spider-Man symbol is meaningful and has a purpose that's explained in game.
  • They also note that the web swinging isn't normally QTE based, but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392462

Sounds like best Spider-man game ever.

ZtA1IY2.gif

obpWVYN.gif

The combat looks so good. The way he switches to that metal beam and uses environmental attack. Damn.

Edited by Big Boss

On 6/14/2017 at 11:03 AM, adity said:

Its the internet bruh.
They'll judge a 20-30 hours game with 5 minutes footage.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

As opposed to judging a 20-30 hour game based just on name and platform? 

This defense is always pathetic no matter what game its used to defend. People judge a game based on what you show to them. Dont want people to think your game is a QTE fest? Dont show them a QTE fest. 

Notice how no one has said the new AC game is all QTE based. Wanna guess why? 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Well, they probably wanted to show cinematic moment as they thought it would look cool and appealing like how uc4 showed that crane setpiece.
They might be wrong with that but people should have enough brains to understand that the full game won't be necessarily like that.
Unfortunately, internet isn't really known for it's common sense.
It's not like they only showed qte moments, they showed combat and stealth also.

So according to you the definition of "brains" is seeing something about a product and then believing the exact opposite to be true? :lol:

Edited by Aftrunner

12 hours ago, Big Boss said:
  • The game is singleplayer only.
  • The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.
  • The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.
  • You won't be killing anyone in the game.
  • There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.
  •  

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392462

SOLD.  I do hope they throw in some romantic options as well for peter parker , swinging around virtual NYC with your GF would be so cool !

23 minutes ago, adity said:

Nope.

Not jumping to conclusion about the quality of an unfinished product an year away from release after seeing only a miniscule part of it.

That is called having a brain.

I am not saying you buy it day one. Let it release, read reviews, etc. and then decide if the game is worth your time and money or not.

Out of curiosity, does the same apply to all games or do you save this bullshit wait-till-you-see-more defense for Sony exclusives? And since clearly, you dont think calling a game "bad" is right after only seeing a few minutes, you would never call something good after seeing a few minutes either. Right?

Cause I would bet money, if I gave a sh*t enough to dig through post history I could find you doing what you are telling everyone not to do right here. ;)

Didn't like the fact gameplay trailer had a lot of QTEs.

4-6 times the size of x game is never really a selling point ,the world diversity is much more important.

Game will be good for sure,much better than the 2012 Amazing Spiderman open wold game but just short of being great.

18 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Game looks fantastic. Awesome job by Insomniac. Can't wait

Also Looking forward to DF analysis.

No need to wait for DF analysis. I can tell you right now that it will run at 0K 0 fps on XboneX. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No need to wait for DF analysis. I can tell you right now that it will run at 0K 0 fps on XboneX. 

I was talking about PS4 and Pro version analysis. 

Want to see how it will perform on base PS4 as I own a standard PS4 model not Pro. 

On 2017-6-14 at 9:27 PM, Ne0 said:

What exactly is wrong in pressing a few buttons when the cutscenes are playing ? It kinda gives you a sense of control ! Ppl on the interwebs .... Just need a reason to complain :-/

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It feels  too cinematic than if it happens to be used a lot in the game which is why people are sceptical about it ....it takes away that game feeling and makes you feel like watching cinematic movie. 

47 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No need to wait for DF analysis. I can tell you right now that it will run at 0K 0 fps on XboneX

:rofl:  Ambar...woh mardega terako.... :P