Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

6 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

yes, idk why they made those MJ missions, i hope they are not using this as build up to get her killed in a sequel.

I mean the game is called MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN and not SPIDER-MAN WITH GIRLFRIEND AND SIDEKICK.

I have no idea why mj missions were included. They were absolutely unnecessary and broke the flow. They added nothing to the game. Idgaf about how normal reporters work in a world where superheroes and villains are common. There are enough stealth based games out there, why shove them in a fast paced fun combat heavy game which is already a huge game on its own. They reminded me of stealth sections in Shadow of Rome game on PS2. 

I hate stealth and don't play any stealth game and I was worried as people were complaining that they were hard and precise.

They also helped to build up the partner thing and had tension in them as well.

But I found them easy and decently enjoyable, I hated the black kid's missions.

Edited by GunnerY2J

22 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I hate stealth and don't play any stealth game and I was worried as people were complaining that they were hard and precise.

They also helped to build up the partner thing and had tension in them as well.

But I found them easy and decently enjoyable, I hated the black kid's missions.

Hard ka sawal nahi hai, like Ambar said above it breaks the flow, you want to punch and web some goons, but suddenly you are forced to become Lois Lane :rofl:

or the black dude from Watchdoges 2 :rofl:

I am currently doing CTNS Episode 2, just did the first mission, never thought Yuri would be female John Wick.

Also why doesn't hammerhead have a menacing face? they just took the most harmless looking guys face and put some scars on it and called it a day :/

also mouth is too small, you can't see all his trademark menacing pointy teeth.

• 1 month later...

Started this today. Was on media black out for the game for years now ?. The first thing I'm noticing is that the combat is much more complex than I had expected. Was just button mashing without concentrating much and got my a*s kicked multiple times within the first hour or so, playing on normal difficulty. So many moves available already and I havnt even touched the skill tree yet. Swinging is fun, good VA with just the right amount of humor. Fixed the first Surveillance tower and stopped the nearby crimes. Did a couple of Lab missions and this was the only aspect of the game that felt meh so far. The time based puzzles they had in R&C:CiT were among the best I've seen.

All in all, having a great time with the game so far(as expected). Dont have a single platinum this gen(never cared for it). Might try to plat this one.

29 minutes ago, adity said:

The plat is super easy. Heck the game is so fun, you'll want to plat it so that you get to play it more. Just remember to focus on unlocking all suits. If you go for fully upgrading all gadget you won't have enough tokens to unlock suits and would have to go for another ng+ playthrough or get higher ranks in challenges which is pretty hard. 

Sry not able to follow as suits and all havnt showed up yet. Do you mean those points we get on level up which can be used in the skill tree, the same I should save for unlocking suits? :scratchchin:

6 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Sry not able to follow as suits and all havnt showed up yet. Do you mean those points we get on level up which can be used in the skill tree, the same I should save for unlocking suits? :scratchchin:

You get tokens of a type related to each activity, finding backpacks give you backpack token, clearing hideout gives you hideout token, stopping crime gives you crime token etc, all these needed for buying new suits and unlocking more gadget upgrades for spodey.

skill tree points are different.

basically you get silver trophy for unlocking all suits, but you don't get any for unlocking all spodey gadget upgrades, so spend all your tokens on getting suits first.

• Thanks 1

@Bauji As adity and Phantom mentioned. You need Tokens from various activities to upgrade gadgets as well as unlocking suits.

Gaining XP gives skill points for skill tree i.e. unlocking various moves. This can be done  as you like.

Just do go overboard unlocking suits/gadget upgrades even if they are not really required for that situation so that it will be easier for unlocking "ALL" suits trophy.

I actually didn't plan on platinum and played the story , had fun and then once done, referred a trophy guide.

There is also an option to create a manual save , unlock all suits, get trophy, reload old save, again use same tokens to unlock the gadget upgrades trophy.

But don't worry about it now. Have fun with the story. Just don't unlock suits left , right & center using tokens. (Saving tokens means, you need not get full 3 star in most of the challenges , hence saving time to grind later on)

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!! :arigato: Will keep these in mind, thought of getting plat as I've loved the first hour or so..whether I'll go for it or not is to be seen but whatever helps reduce the grind in the end. 

Definitely not doing a 2nd ng+ play-through for the platinum trophy. Other than HL2(which dsnt has trophies), have never played any game twice in more than a decade. 

39 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Thanks guys!! :arigato: Will keep these in mind, thought of getting plat as I've loved the first hour or so..whether I'll go for it or not is to be seen but whatever helps reduce the grind in the end. 

Definitely not doing a 2nd ng+ play-through for the platinum trophy. Other than HL2(which dsnt has trophies), have never played any game twice in more than a decade. 

You can plat in one playthrough...that's what I did

The most time taking/boring task for Platinum are the random crimes. You need to keep swinging in the district for random crime to show up.

So if you find them not boring, keep doing random crimes when ever possible as long as it counts for district 100% completion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just over the half way mark and loving it. The game reminds me so much of Infamous 2. World...traversal to some extent...random encounters...even the NPCs and their behaviour is somewhat familiar. Character progression is similar too. Earlier when there were some rumours about Sucker Punch working on this, I thought they are the natural fit for this game.

Liked:

:wub: One of the most important things in a spider man game is the web swinging and they have nailed it. Easy but needs effort if you want to keep momentum in chases. Its so addictive to swing through the city.

:wub: Combat is awesome too. Dozens of skills to unlock, suit powers, gadgets and their upgrades. Button mashing dsnt work always because of enemy variety and they hit hard!! If the brute comes too close or you miss dodging one of those rockets, health bar reduces to half in no time. Every upgrade feels meaningful and constantly makes you stronger.

:wub:Open world activities are fun because of the above and because of the care given to the source material. Collectibles have good references. Puzzles and research stations add nice variety, side missions are decent. And there are still 5 items locked on the map!!  

Spoiler

Even that guy having guest appearance in every marvel movie showed up.

To be on complete media black out for this game helped a lot too.

:wub: Loving the main campaign. Good story and VA and some great set pieces. Glad they selected this phase of spider-man's life for the main plot and its not another origin story.

Disliked:

:furious: Few instances where the game tries hard to be an Arkham wannabe.

:furious:Assassin's Creed style parkour system which at times run in auto-mode. Gets frustrating sometimes during tense chases or fights.

:ranting: giphy.gif

Think I will finally get a platinum trophy.

Agreed with most of what you said, but research stations sucks imho, done 3 of them and all of them were crap, 30% in overall, loving it.

- Collecting backpacks sucks too, but love the references. Traversal is fun so not much of a bother. Same goes for photography, newspapers, etc., these things add a lot of character to Spider-man and the world.

- Random crimes are ok, some are fun like car chases, etc. Again goes with the whole vibe of being Spider-man.

- Love JJJ Fun with Facts radio show. It is to this game what Chronical of Arkham/Mystery Diaries was to Arkham Asylum.

- Missable audio clips are a bummer though.

Overall, great so far, but prefer Arkham Asylum's riddles, Interview Tapes, Chronical of Arkham/Mystery Diaries, to this game's version of it. Spider-man's borrowed a lot from Arkham games in mostly all the right ways, both game equally captured the feeling of bring batman and spider-man respectively. 

Started the game last week and been had been playing mostly the side missions and searching for collectibles in the city.....damn ....what a fun game .....had collected all backpacks ,unlocked all research stations , completed all the side missions,etc by the midway of act 2 :giggle: 

However this week just focused the main story missions and just completed the final boss fight.....damn that was so good ....what a game bc......can't wait for the next one!

Edited by kold_war

My 8 year old nephew is a HUGE Spider-Man fan, he has lot of merchandise, like spider-man chaddi too.. Asked him to play this game last week and just showed how to swing around using R2, this week he comes and starts climbing to top tip of all the tallest towers in the city  Avengers building being his favorite...  Haven't thought him combat yet but when the age is right..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

- Collecting backpacks sucks too, but love the references. Traversal is fun so not much of a bother.

Yup, collectibles sucks in almost all the games. I am picking up whatever is in route, so that they dsnt become a chore later if I decide to go for platinum.

- Missable audio clips are a bummer though.

Had no clue such a thing exists. :( 

Agreed with most of what you said, but research stations sucks imho

How come your opinion is different than mine? Lets fight ?

Edited by Bauji