Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

1 minute ago, Channu said:

I didn't get it but it was Rs 1000 in India which was cheaper than in USA (Don't remember the US price though)

So I'm guessing it is still 1000 then? Not 1600-1800? I'm getting my ps5 tomorrow and just want to play spiderman:Remastered. I'll probably pick up S:MM later when it's a bit cheaper. So I was wondering if it would be cheaper to just rent S:MM for like a day [for around 350] , pop the disc in, buy the DLC/remaster and then return the game. If it's 1k that works out to 1.3 versus just outright buying a digital code for Spiderman:Remastered for 1800 from prepaidgamercard.

20 minutes ago, Alice said:

So I'm guessing it is still 1000 then? Not 1600-1800? I'm getting my ps5 tomorrow and just want to play spiderman:Remastered. I'll probably pick up S:MM later when it's a bit cheaper. So I was wondering if it would be cheaper to just rent S:MM for like a day [for around 350] , pop the disc in, buy the DLC/remaster and then return the game. If it's 1k that works out to 1.3 versus just outright buying a digital code for Spiderman:Remastered for 1800 from prepaidgamercard.

From all I know, it's 1K since quite some time. Shouldn't change. Also a few people have confirmed that it'll work without MM disk as well so you should be good to go. I don't have my MM disk with me currently else would have confirmed it.

Finished the remaster last night. Overall, I really liked it. Mocap performances and set pieces really stood out for me. Endgame and bosses are a bit underwhelming. Combat and traversal is shiny and makes you feel like Spider-Man, although, sometimes it was a bit janky. Spidey will move weirdly near walls and nailing the timing for dodges was a bit inconsistent (dont know if its the game or my old, fat fingers). All in all, pretty solid game. Highly Recommended :thumbsup:...... not that there are many people left who haven't played it :fear1:

Okay, just want to know. If I own this game on PS4, can I JUST buy the PS5 version of this game? Without bothering with MM?

Edit: If yes, how? And how much does it cost? Can't see it anywhere on the PS Store.

Edited by VelivolusDas

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Okay, just want to know. If I own this game on PS4, can I JUST buy the PS5 version of this game? Without bothering with MM?

Edit: If yes, how? And how much does it cost? Can't see it anywhere on the PS Store.

I got the option of buying SM RM only when I popped in MM disk. Regular Spiderman didn't provide me any option to upgrade. 

On 7/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, VelivolusDas said:

You can't buy SM Remastered for PS5 without buying MM. Doesn't matter if you own the base game on PS4 or not .

Only two ways to access SM Remastered : Either buy MM ultimate edition or Buy MM standard edition and purchase SM Remastered add on for 1000 Rs . 

3 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

You can't buy SM Remastered for PS5 without buying MM. Doesn't matter if you own the base game on PS4 or not.

Only two ways to access SM Remastered : Either buy MM ultimate edition or Buy MM standard edition and purchase SM Remastered add on for 1000 Rs.

Thanks for explaining that.

And yeah, stupid move by Sony/Insomniac. I guess playing it on the BC mode itself is enough. Don't want to support idiotic tactics like this.

Might get standalone MM later when it's on sale.

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

And yeah, stupid move by Sony/Insomniac. I guess playing it on the BC mode itself is enough. Don't want to support idiotic tactics like this.

Yeah should be good enough . Most reviews say  MM is true PS5 game built for PS5 and SM Remastered doesn't even come close to giving a next gen experience . 

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

MM is pretty enjoyable tbh. Amazing set pieces. 

• 5 months later...

And Insomniac continue with their lame excuses...

A bit of background: So, people are kinda upset that the new suits are exclusive to the PS5-only SM: Remastered version of the game. Many have mentioned that with the PS5 not readily available, it would've been nice if the original buyers of the game would've got these 2 new suits as well, and rightly so, IMO!

And here's Insomniac's lame reply justifying this decision...

P.S.: TBH, this is a worse reasoning than what they had said when they had needlessly changed Peter Parker's face to the man-child looking Peter.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

• Haha 1

Ok so i missed out on the ps4 spiderman and I'm looking at miles morales ultimate edition, this article states this new ultimate edition shown off in trailers has all the dlcs of SMRemastered, so the MMUE currently selling online here doesn't have those black cat dlcs ?

https://geekculture.co/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ultimate-edition/

On 12/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, VelivolusDas said:

And Insomniac continue with their lame excuses...

A bit of background: So, people are kinda upset that the new suits are exclusive to the PS5-only SM: Remastered version of the game. Many have mentioned that with the PS5 not readily available, it would've been nice if the original buyers of the game would've got these 2 new suits as well, and rightly so, IMO!

And here's Insomniac's lame reply justifying this decision...

P.S.: TBH, this is a worse reasoning than what they had said when they had needlessly changed Peter Parker's face to the man-child looking Peter.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

This reasoning is just hard to believe. How does adding couple of new skins affect HDD streaming performance. They've added skins before to the base game.

Also, insomniac are anything but lazy, considering the amount of skins and modes they had added to ratchet and SM post launch. This seems like a higher management decision, to not support the older version. 

Are suits so important to this game, I'd frankly wouldn't replay a game if i had already completed it just because it got 2 marvel movie suits, if it was something substantial like movie based missions then I'd feel the anger to be well directed.

Does the region of the game still affect DLC or code redemption on PS5, the MMUE is fairly priced on croma right now, though it's a ESRB US rated product as per pic, i asked their customer support if it is EU or NA region but after a while now they still haven't replied back

Edited by NitroNeo

• 1 month later...

Do we get a free update to Spiderman Remastered if I owe the ps4 disc

"*Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for the PS5 console is available as part of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition or available for Rs 1000 when purchased with Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales Standard Edition. PS4 Standard Edition owners must upgrade to PS5 version (at no cost) in order to redeem. To upgrade PS4 Standard Edition disc to the digital PS5 version, you will need a PS5 console with a disc drive."

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/games/marvels-spider-man-remastered/

This on plastation.com made me think so. However everywhere else I have read its said that this is not the case. Any clarity would be appretiated.