Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

58 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I wonder when will Nintendo get the same flak. 

They don't listen. 

And don't have a competitor in real sense.

Besides they mess up every second generation doing self correction.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

They don't listen. 

And don't have a competitor in real sense.

Besides they mess up every second generation doing self correction.

Literally everyone does this

gc was a flop, wii was hit, wii u was flop, switch hit

xbox og couldn't compete with ps2, x360 won the gen, xbone was a joke, xseries doing comeback with GP

ps2 undisputed king of gen, ps3 flopped early on, PS4 won the gen, PS5 is "winning" but sony is being too greedy

even in PC processor market it's the same with intel/amd

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

I wonder when will Nintendo get the same flak. 

They always get away, even after doing "HD remasters" of decade old games (skyward sword) and selling them for $60. 

Also hiding features behind paywalls . 

(amiibo for fast travel) 

though 4k for this game is just too high, but it's not shocking (to me atleast). 

ps- it'll get cracked day one most prolly anyways. So maybe sony is just being a bit mindful of that. Who knows. 

Nintendo got plenty of flak for Wii U. They got flak to the point that the entire console completely failed. In fact so few people bought the Wii U that Nintendo could literally port their WiiU games to the Switch - and people treated it as a brand new game, that too a very good game that was easily 85+ or 90+ Meta game. I would not be surprised if their total sales was 10,000 in the entire Wii U's life over the entire gen (That too being generous). Worse, people did not even talk about it and the entire console got ignored - the worst failure there was.

Wii was also another type of "Failure", in that tons and tons of casuals brought it - but nobody brought any new games for it, other than the free Wii Sports that came with the console itself. This would have been even more disastrous, since consoles used to be sold at a loss during those times, and firms depended on people buying games to make profits.

Overall, Nintendo has been getting nothing but flak and failure for all of it's Home Consoles before the Switch. The Switch was the first console in a very long time which was successful for Nintendo.

As far as Paywalls - Nintendo was the very last company to introduce paid online play - in fact, they introduced it only 2 years or so ago, while everyone else happily did it. Amiibo was a kid's gimmick and a collectible - any gameplay thing they unlocked was also a gimmick

And Remakes and Remasters should only be of very old games, not of the very new ones. Spiderman Remake was pointless, Skyward Sword Remake was not. Plus, they are also Remaking and bringing very old 1990s games, that never even released in the West - like Live A Live hich released on SNES in 1992.

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nintendo got plenty of flak for Wii U. They got flak to the point that the entire console completely failed. In fact so few people bought the Wii U that Nintendo could literally port their WiiU games to the Switch - and people treated it as a brand new game, that too a very good game that was easily 85+ or 90+ Meta game. I would not be surprised if their total sales was 10,000 in the entire Wii U's life over the entire gen (That too being generous). Worse, people did not even talk about it and the entire console got ignored - the worst failure there was.

Wii was also another type of "Failure", in that tons and tons of casuals brought it - but nobody brought any new games for it, other than the free Wii Sports that came with the console itself. This would have been even more disastrous, since consoles used to be sold at a loss during those times, and firms depended on people buying games to make profits.

Overall, Nintendo has been getting nothing but flak and failure for all of it's Home Consoles before the Switch. The Switch was the first console in a very long time which was successful for Nintendo.

As far as Paywalls - Nintendo was the very last company to introduce paid online play - in fact, they introduced it only 2 years or so ago, while everyone else happily did it. Amiibo was a kid's gimmick and a collectible - any gameplay thing they unlocked was also a gimmick

And Remakes and Remasters should only be of very old games, not of the very new ones. Spiderman Remake was pointless, Skyward Sword Remake was not. Plus, they are also Remaking and bringing very old 1990s games, that never even released in the West - like Live A Live hich released on SNES in 1992.

Spiderman is not a remake. 

They are launching it for the PC audience, who may not have played it before with features like widescreen support (which is not present on older versions, 4k60, pc optimised dlss/dlaa, ray tracing etc. 

Skyward sWord switch had no visible differences with the OG title. Yet they charged $60 for the base game only. Pc Spiderman is essentially the goty version with two story dlcs. 

Though 4k is not justified, one should not look at different companies with different prisms. 

41 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Though 4k is not justified, one should not look at different companies with different prisms. 

PC prices have always been lower, that's the issue.

Nintendo will never release on PC so can't be compared.

Besides, Nintendo systems get fewer big titles per gen, compared to other systems. Paying a Lil more is fine in that case. One can easily wrap up switch library in dedicated 6 month play. 

11 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

PC prices have always been lower, that's the issue.

Nintendo will never release on PC so can't be compared.

Besides, Nintendo systems get fewer big titles per gen, compared to other systems. Paying a Lil more is fine in that case. One can easily wrap up switch library in dedicated 6 month play. 

Check price(s) of Halo Infinite and forza horizon on steam. 

Edited by radicaldude

37 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Check price(s) of Halo Infinite and forza horizon on steam. 

What is GamePass?

Why would you drop 3.5k on Halo "DLC" Campaign?

For spodey meanwhile there isn't any other options, except the high seas :zodka:

Good I have PS4, can just play whatever 2-3 remaining PS4 exclusives on it instead of dropping 4k for 3-4 year old games, 30 fps not that bad once you play continously.

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

What is GamePass?

Why would you drop 3.5k on Halo "DLC" Campaign?

For spodey meanwhile there isn't any other options, except the high seas :zodka:

Good I have PS4, can just play whatever 2-3 remaining PS4 exclusives on it instead of dropping 4k for 3-4 year old games, 30 fps not that bad once you play continously.

Not referring to langar though. 

Was referring to one time buy via official channels. 

I'm sure some people would sell Spiderman steam keys for cheap as well. 

19 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Spiderman is not a remake. 

They are launching it for the PC audience, who may not have played it before with features like widescreen support (which is not present on older versions, 4k60, pc optimised dlss/dlaa, ray tracing etc. 

Skyward sWord switch had no visible differences with the OG title. Yet they charged $60 for the base game only. Pc Spiderman is essentially the goty version with two story dlcs. 

When I said Spiderman Remake - I meant the PS5 Remake - that they charged around 1000 Rs for. Another useless Remake is the TLOU Remake - that Sony/ND simply re-used TLOU2 assets and changed character models - but for which they are charging 5x the price for (1000 Rs brand new PS4 version on amazon vs 5000 Rs for PS5 version). 

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

When I said Spiderman Remake - I meant the PS5 Remake - that they charged around 1000 Rs for. Another useless Remake is the TLOU Remake - that Sony/ND simply re-used TLOU2 assets and changed character models - but for which they are charging 5x the price for (1000 Rs brand new PS4 version on amazon vs 5000 Rs for PS5 version). 

It's not the first time something like this has happened. 

It won't be the last time either. No one has to get this at launch. One may get this after the price drops. 

For the bold part, have a look at this 

Don't forget Nintendo took $60 for this, $85 if you include the amiibo (fast travel locked behind paywall). 

So i find it a bit funny when people act all shocked when sony releases a remaster/remake. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SRINI87 said:

Marvels-Spider-Man-PC-graphics-settings.

Camera effects - Are these in game settings or these settings apply when you use the camera in game for taking photos ? Sorry for the noob question. 

Also Why Ray tracing off though ? 

Edited by Krazyniks