Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Impressions after a week or so of playing PC version.  

I'm at the part where 

Reveal hidden contents

The prisoners just broke out from Rykers and The Raft and are all over the city. I feel like I'm almost at the end of the main story. How much more to go?

+ Love swinging across the city. Easily best part of the game. The activites that incorporate swinging are also the best. 

+ Combat looks really cool. I love how finishing off an enemy near the wall is stick a big web on them automatically. Zipping from enemy to enemy is really satisfying. Once skills and gadgets are unlocked, combat really becomes so cinematic. 

+ I like what they've done with the story. Concentrates on only a few characters but fleshes them out nicely. I like how this is a Spidey in the middle of his journey so we get references to a lot of previous enemies and also we see the birth of some new ones. 

- The puzzles and MJ sections are easily the worst part of the game. Thank god they included an option in the PC version to skip the puzzles. 

- I wish the camera targetting was better. In Arkham games during combat the camera pulls up so you can see all the enemies. 

- I also wish enemies were more easily spottable during combat. Spidey does a lot of spinning and a lot of times enemies can get lost in the noise while I orient myself. Just a red outline or something would be great. 

- The spidey stealth sections are alright. 

This isn't a negative or positive but this game really draws from the Arkham games in so many ways. In a way it scratches that Arkham itch for me. 

On the technical part:

The game looks great. Playing on Very High to Max settings. 1440p. RTX 3070. I get 60-80 fps. But I've turned off Ray Tracing for now. The performance impact with Ray Tracing is just too severe. Sometimes it will stay at 60, sometimes it will drop to 40 and it becomes really noticable. 

I'm actually CPU bound I feel. Ryzen 5 3600x. My GPU usage sits at 70% but CPU is at 90%. 

Definitely GPU bound. I get between 60-80 fps with everything max and ray tracing on. I have a 3080 Ti and same processor as yours.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I skip those on the PS specially the pattern matching ones but not all are skippable. 

No no the PC version has a special option in the menu to skip them. It auto-completes whatever puzzle is currently running, irrespective of if its in the main story or side puzzle. 

55 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

WTF.  Can you skip the MJ parts too ? I find them annoying. 

The problem is story developement happens during those missions so i dont think they could have given a skip option. Maybe for NG+ people it would have made sense. 

38 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Definitely GPU bound. I get between 60-80 fps with everything max and ray tracing on. I have a 3080 Ti and same processor as yours.

Interesting. Are you playing on 4k?  

Edited by dylanjosh

Just now, dylanjosh said:

No no the PC version has a special option in the menu to skip them. It auto-completes whatever puzzle running, irrespective of if its in the main story or side puzzle. 

The problem is story developement happens during those missions so i dont think they could have given a skip option. Maybe for NG+ people it would have made sense. 

Interesting. Are you playing on 4k?  

1440P. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Those could be skipped even on console. Don’t know why they even added them when they had to add a feature to skip it. Removed in Miles Morales thankfully.

How do you skip the mandatory puzzles ?

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Those could be skipped even on console. Don’t know why they even added them when they had to add a feature to skip it. Removed in Miles Morales thankfully.

MJ and Miles missions kinda ruined the pacing of the game, hated those.

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm at the part where 

Reveal hidden contents

The prisoners just broke out from Rykers and The Raft and are all over the city. I feel like I'm almost at the end of the main story. How much more to go?

Yes it's towards the end game now . But still a few main missions left iirc. They are longer missions though so should take around 4/5 hours to complete the story . 

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 11:41 AM, dylanjosh said:

Actually, I don't hate the MJ missions as much as most people. The part right before the Spider-Man vs Mr Negative fight in the subway, was so cool. It was such a different and refreshing experience to observe Spidey doing his thing, from the ground as an ordinary civilian.

43 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Actually, I don't hate the MJ missions as much as most people. The part right before the Spider-Man vs Mr Negative fight in the subway, was so cool. It was such a different and refreshing experience to observe Spidey doing his thing, from the ground as an ordinary civilian.

Yeah this part was pretty cool

13 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Money talks. Now every PS exclusive will come to PC. No need of buying a PS5 anymore 

Not every gamer can afford 1-1.5L PC's. Consoles (PS and Xbox)  are still the most viable option to play games. Unless you already have a gaming PC. Also PS exclusive will come to PC but only after 2 years or so .