Days Gone

Big Boss

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Everyone who isn't PS fanboy knows this game is shaping up generic zombie open world crapola. Nothing interesting about it.

However, it's not releasing for a while. So maybe some improvements; although doubt anything will be changed. 

I love all games zombie but this is just meh all over :(

I am still interested to see how this turns out. Am sort of glad that this got pushed back to next year. Enough SP games this year to keep us busy in any case.

Comparisons with TLOU is justified at least based on the game play demo that they first showed last year. Even the color palette seems similar.

Will put this down under 'Buy when on sale' category for now.

Hmm high production value third person talky walky pseudo storytelling adventure game.. Sony exclusive? [emoji14]

.54894d9244ee7fe65dad03a794a51749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Days Gone's E3 demo shows scant signs of life

Days Gone is the quintessential 2018 video game. Actually, to be precise and only a bit mean, it's the quintessential 2015 video game. It's an open-world zombie-apocalypse survival adventure with a hard-bitten rebel hero who has a code of honour and an upgradeable motorcycle. In the game, you scavenge and craft, shoot, drive and brawl, follow waypoints and get stuck on tree trunks. The rebel hero, who is called Deacon St John, growls things like, "I don't shoot women if I have a choice." The art strives for poetic decay but, for the most part, only musters a rural-trailer-park drabness. I played it four days ago and can't remember what Deacon looks like. The Last of Us it isn't, even though The Last of Us is clearly what it wants to be. And State of Decay. And Sons of Anarchy. And DayZ....

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-21-days-gones-e3-demo-shows-scant-signs-of-life

Edited by Walker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The game has mediocre written all over it. The gameplay, the graphics, the characters, the dialogue.. everything seems B grade. Can't believe this is a first party title. Sony has had an awesome streak of first party releases. I think this game will end it.

• The first level in my play session was a stealth-focused fetch quest
  • The stealth gameplay was basic, containing nothing more complex than simply avoiding the zombies' gaze and remaining quiet. 
  • The AI, meanwhile, was easily fooled by simply running away--the zombies refused to investigate my last known location.
  • It contains no real form of inventory management--there's no limit to the amount you can carry and everything is simply stockpiled under your weapon wheel with no way to view your whole backpack. 
  • I got no sense of completion or satisfaction from killing them. Seriously, one hit anywhere in the body and they were down.

aa04eie.gif aa04eie.gif