Days Gone

Big Boss

40 minutes ago, sobbii said:

this ones gonna be a bomba

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You never know. SoD2 just topped the NPD chart for May, and those are actual sold numbers besides the Gamepass copies.

You never know. SoD2 just topped the NPD chart for May, and those are actual sold numbers besides the Gamepass copies.
idk man may be because that xbox.. deprived of exclusives they buy anything that comes.. [emoji14]

18 minutes ago, sobbii said:

idk man may be because that xbox.. deprived of exclusives they buy anything that comes.. emoji14.png

It's like Day Z but in coop. You know these hardcore survival games with emergent non scripted gameplay are really popular on PC like Rust and Ark . So maybe that's the reason it's doing well on PC and Xbox. 

I mean you will vomit when you will see these games on your TV as you like AAA cinematic experiences like Gow, Uncharted and Gears, but there are audiences for these types of games as well bro. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

It's like Day Z but in coop. You know these hardcore survival games with emergent non scripted gameplay are really popular on PC like Rust and Ark . So maybe that's the reason it's doing well on PC and Xbox. 

I mean you will vomit when you will see these games on your TV as you like AAA cinematic experiences like Gow, Uncharted and Gears, but there are audiences for these types of games as well bro. 
aisa kuch nahi hai.. i am playing re1 hd this days lol.. i can stand a bad looking game if its engaging enough.. i am subscribed to gamepass so eventually will give it a try anyway..

• 1 year later...

Reached the final camp of the game. The game and story really gets better after 5-6hours. Gameplay wise its okay but nothing spectacular but certainly not as bad as reviews claim it to be. Driving is also fun in this game. I think i am going to finish this game first before RDR 2. :P

• Like 1

Reached the final camp of the game. The game and story really gets better after 5-6hours. Gameplay wise its okay but nothing spectacular but certainly not as bad as reviews claim it to be. Driving is also fun in this game. I think i am going to finish this game first before RDR 2. [emoji14]
Which camp are you at in RDR2?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Reached the final camp of the game. The game and story really gets better after 5-6hours. Gameplay wise its okay but nothing spectacular but certainly not as bad as reviews claim it to be. Driving is also fun in this game. I think i am going to finish this game first before RDR 2. :P

If you have just reached the southern map, you still have some ways to go. I am surprised this game has this many false ending. There have been more than once where I though the story is about to end but nopes this keeps on going.

I am stuck at the

Spoiler

saw mill horde

and I am struggling to finish it. I am feeling burned out now but will finish this before turning to control. I hope the end is near now.

The critic reviews are sh*t. The game, design wise, is much better than a lot of cookie cutter open world games out there. The technical mess has also been alleviated a lot after the patches. Bend has to be commended for the support that they have put in this game.

Technically the game is still poor. I can say this with confidence that this is the worst performing Sony game since shadow of the Colossus on ps2. 

The actual game however is pretty good. I'll just put some positives and negatives down below

+ The game looks amazing, characters and environments both. Sometimes it's right up there with the best of the bunch.

+ Well written and good characters. St John is very likable which honestly no one expected. Boozer, Rikki Patil, Mike and even colonel are all well written. Even that line "ride me like your bike" is there as a there with a context unlike one of the video reviews (100% sure they didn't finish the game)

+ Good story. Again it's St John's personal story and except for the last 1-2 hrs he doesn't even care about saving the world and sh*t.

+ One thing I really liked about the game was that it starts out like a survival game (for 10+ hrs) and then slowly transforms into a full fledged action title.

+ Bike is fun to drive and customize. The refuel and repair mechanics make sure that you don't drive it like crazy. I hope they don't tone it down even in the sequel. 

+ Excellent open world. Lots of variety, and good verticality. Not extremely huge and the broken road concept is done well. 

+ Gameplay loop is fun. Stealth is fun right from the start, shooting is not. Once you upgrade your skills and get better weapons, shooting gets a lot better. Melee combat is excellent.

+ And finally the hordes. Wow!!. Taking down some of the big ones is some of the finest gaming moments this gen. 

+ Clearing nero checkpoints is also well done with enough variety amongst them.

Negatives.

- while Hordes are introduced right at the start, the first encounter with them is after about 85% of the game and most of the fights are optional.

- game design from 2009. The game's major flaw is the quest and narrative design. So basically this plays like an open world title from last gen. I'll give an example without spoiling much. There is a point in the game where you need to start a dam. So it goes like drive to location - cutscene - slow walk - cutscene - explore something for a couple mins - cutscene - climb to top of the dam ( hardly 2 mins) - cutscene and it goes on. What makes this bad is that before every cutscene there is a small load and it's not your modern day cutscene that is done in- game with you controlling the characters like how naughty dog or rockstar does but the traditional fade to black method. 

- another quest design issue. Sometimes some quest just require you to go and meet someone and quest over. I can understand if this is right at the start but stuff like this towards the end ... there is no excuse.

- not using the Hordes in quests. There is hardly any quest where the Hordes are used. Scripted sequences or some on rails section would have been sooo good. 

- technical problems. The fps drops to single digits at times. Textures don't load etc etc

- filler content. The game is badly paced with filler content in the main storyline. Atleast one of the camps you visit is a complete waste of time. Quest like find an iPod in the last few hours of the game ruin the pacing. 

Overall, for a team that started with only 40-50 ppl and made their first console game (open world too) in decades, days gone is a sucess but there are a lot of problems with too. It's one of the few games where within playing for a couple of hours you will say to yourself how did they use such outdated mechanics in both storytelling and quests. 

I would personally rate it a solid 7 and expect huge huge improvements on the sequel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Technically the game is still poor. I can say this with confidence that this is the worst performing Sony game since shadow of the Colossus on ps2. 

The actual game however is pretty good. I'll just put some positives and negatives down below

+ The game looks amazing, characters and environments both. Sometimes it's right up there with the best of the bunch.

+ Well written and good characters. St John is very likable which honestly no one expected. Boozer, Rikki Patil, Mike and even colonel are all well written. Even that line "ride me like your bike" is there as a there with a context unlike one of the video reviews (100% sure they didn't finish the game)

+ Good story. Again it's St John's personal story and except for the last 1-2 hrs he doesn't even care about saving the world and sh*t.

+ One thing I really liked about the game was that it starts out like a survival game (for 10+ hrs) and then slowly transforms into a full fledged action title.

+ Bike is fun to drive and customize. The refuel and repair mechanics make sure that you don't drive it like crazy. I hope they don't tone it down even in the sequel. 

+ Excellent open world. Lots of variety, and good verticality. Not extremely huge and the broken road concept is done well. 

+ Gameplay loop is fun. Stealth is fun right from the start, shooting is not. Once you upgrade your skills and get better weapons, shooting gets a lot better. Melee combat is excellent.

+ And finally the hordes. Wow!!. Taking down some of the big ones is some of the finest gaming moments this gen. 

Negatives.

- while Hordes are introduced right at the start, the first encounter with them is after about 85% of the game and most of the fights are optional.

- game design from 2009. The game's major flaw is the quest and narrative design. So basically this plays like an open world title from last gen. I'll give an example without spoiling much. There is a point in the game where you need to start a dam. So it goes like drive to location - cutscene - slow walk - cutscene - explore something for a couple mins - cutscene - climb to top of the dam ( hardly 2 mins) - cutscene and it goes on. What makes this bad is that before every cutscene there is a small load and it's not your modern day cutscene that is done in- game with you controlling the characters like how naughty dog or rockstar does but the traditional fade to black method. 

- another quest design issue. Sometimes some quest just require you to go and meet someone and quest over. I can understand if this is right at the start but stuff like this towards the end ... there is no excuse.

- not using the Hordes in quests. There is hardly any quest where the Hordes are used. Scripted sequences or some on rails section would have been sooo good. 

- technical problems. The fps drops to single digits at times. Textures don't load etc etc

- filler content. The game is badly paced with filler content in the main storyline. Atleast one of the camps you visit is a complete waste of time. Quest like find an iPod in the last few hours of the game ruin the pacing. 

Overall, for a team that started with only 40-50 ppl and made their first console game (open world too) in decades, days gone is a sucess but there are a lot of problems with too. It's one of the few games where within playing for a couple of hours you will say to yourself how did they use such outdated mechanics in both storytelling and quests. 

I would personally rate it a solid 7 and expect huge huge improvements on the sequel. 

The game is performing much better than what it started out with.The fps dropping in the crater lake area was way worse where even driving your bike would drop frames. Now at least it is playable with frame hitches from time to time. But the title for sure is not as polished as other Sony first party games.

The story while good is strictly OK. To me it felt like how a good Walking Dead season plays out. There was a lot of scope to trim the story down to keep the pacing brisk by cutting off some of the janky bits. The single player goes on for too long.

Regarding the hordes being introduced late, i think it is kind of necessity as you really needed to be kitted out well, in terms of skills, supplies and upgrades, to take on hordes. Moreover, the hordes are always available and if you can stumble upon them then you can try taking them out.

Also, the hordes have been used in the quest. 3 times to be precise and one of them is the biggest horde in the game.  Are they optional though because they are part of my main storyline?? Yeah, I think they could have peppered the hordes here and there through out the story but a scripted event will take away a lot of tension from actually facing the hordes.

The game, I feel is,  is very good and solid and the critics have unfairly under-rated it. 

52 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Negatives.

totally agreed with pros and cons.  Also, in pros;  Soundtracks. The soundtrack of this game is so good. :majesty:

For anyone if you  are really interested in playing this game. Watch this video so it might even boost you up to play

Edited by GameAnalyzer

2 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

If you have just reached the southern map, you still have some ways to go. I am surprised this game has this many false ending. There have been more than once where I though the story is about to end but nopes this keeps on going.

I am stuck at the

Reveal hidden contents

saw mill horde

and I am struggling to finish it. I am feeling burned out now but will finish this before turning to control. I hope the end is near now.

The critic reviews are sh*t. The game, design wise, is much better than a lot of cookie cutter open world games out there. The technical mess has also been alleviated a lot after the patches. Bend has to be commended for the support that they have put in this game.

I have reached a quest where I have  to clear a horde and its mandatory.

8 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I don't remember man. the last time i played that was 2-3months ago.

Ahh well the story really picks up from Chapter 4 onwards, and its a lot more fast paced. Have fun playing, and I plan to get my hands on Days Gone once its a little cheaper

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Ahh well the story really picks up from Chapter 4 onwards, and its a lot more fast paced. Have fun playing, and I plan to get my hands on Days Gone once its a little cheaper

Oh. I will give it a try again once I am done with days gone and dmc5. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

3-5 hrs depending on your Play style. 

Platinumed it. ?

Damn. How much hours you put into this game to platinumed it??? I am stuck at last horde story mission :( I have insufficient ammo and craftable objects. Idk how to pass through with very little ammo. In near by places I can’t even find ammo or any other things  

Edited by GameAnalyzer

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The secret ending just got my hopes up for the sequel. The twist came from nowhere.

I really wanted the story to be about *****and it seems the sequel is heading there.

Just saying please avoid posting spoilers. Many people haven’t completed the game. 

Edited by Snake