Days Gone

Big Boss

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The secret ending just got my hopes up for the sequel. The twist came from nowhere.

I really wanted the story to be about***** and it seems the sequel is heading there.

Dude come on. 

Edited by Snake

2 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Just saying please avoid posting spoilers. Many people haven’t completed the game. 

Buys guns and ammo at camps. For the first horde mission you're giving lots of ammo and napalm motolov by the other guy. After that once the whole map opens up again Boozer will keep of making items and stuff for you. Collect it from the chest outside the hut ( whr u sleep) in lost Lake camp

• Thanks 1

Completed the game. Beside technical problem and quest designing. Over all game experience is really good. Story picks up after spending few hours in time. There will be so many time I felt like the game is going to end but something new comes up. Secret ending is WTF.

• 1 month later...

Started it, the first thing which grabbed my attention was the atmosphere. Love the wilderness setting, train tracks in forest, camps, dams, burial sites, isolated checkpoints etc. Riding your bike through these forests , broken roads at night feels great The shooting feels like firing plastic toys though, its a joke. I rely on melee most of the time.

Deacon's character design is detailed and his voice acting is good. The anger and frustration tones been hit right. I am looking forward to the horde section just like that kickass e3 reveal demo

MWrhdey.jpg

9jQwDWl.jpg

1oW4d8F.jpg

Edited by SpearHea:D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

The shooting feels like firing plastic toys though, its a joke. I rely on melee most of the time.

I am looking forward to the horde section just like that kickass e3 reveal demo

I never had complaint regarding shooting. Shooting actually felt great in the game. What went wrong for you? 

Horde part in this game introduced way to later like towards the end of the game. But the game looks visually stunning. 

7 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I never had complaint regarding shooting. Shooting actually felt great in the game. What went wrong for you? 

Horde part in this game introduced way to later like towards the end of the game. But the game looks visually stunning. 

Guns simply lack impact, the sound, the kickback, the visual impact on enemies. Even the aiming feels weird here.

Towards the end? WTF. Are there few of those horde missions?

2 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Question to guys who have played this and Yakuza; should I buy this at 2k or yakuza series for 3500 (3 games at 1200 each)? One game is already out and another is coming out in few weeks. I have played yakuza series on ps4 only. 

I'll be buying few games in Nov so can pick only one as on date. 

Having played both, I can say this - Days Gone graphics will blow you away. it's also a more traditional Western open world with an innovative concept in zombie hordes. Other than that, it will not offer much.

Yakuza 3 Remaster has got plenty of work put into it. Yakuza 3 even has more content put into it than the PS3 version (all censored items of PS3 version are restored), plus graphics and QoL improvements along with gameplay improvements and that sweet 60 fps. At that 3.5k price point it's an absolute steal and highly recommended.  It's really good and absolutely worth it. Yakuza 4 will also be coming out somewhere at end October (Oct 29 I think), so right off the bat you are getting potentially 2 30-50 hour play time games immediately with an even larger one coming in Feb. If you like Yakuza, the collection is far more Value For Money than Days Gone, which you can pick up on sale.

That said, there is a sick physical edition coming of the Yakuza Collection in Feb with an awesome steelbook. So if you like that, you might want to wait for it. But then, keep in mind we don't know what will be the price of the physical edition (They might charge more just for the steelbook) or whether it will even come to India. So take your call.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Guns simply lack impact, the sound, the kickback, the visual impact on enemies. Even the aiming feels weird here.

Towards the end? WTF. Are there few of those horde missions?

Gunplay is bad till you upgrade the skills. It gets much better later but even then it's just about ok'ish. 

Horde comes at the very last section of the game after about 80% and you get to play just 3 of them but they're also the best and biggest horde section in the whole game. You might run into hordes during normal gameplay even early on but you'll not be strong or have enough ammo to take them on. There are a lot of optional horde fight after the horse gets introduced though. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Started it, the first thing which grabbed my attention was the atmosphere. Love the wilderness setting, train tracks in forest, camps, dams, burial sites, isolated checkpoints etc. Riding your bike through these forests , broken roads at night feels great The shooting feels like firing plastic toys though, its a joke. I rely on melee most of the time.

Deacon's character design is detailed and his voice acting is good. The anger and frustration tones been hit right. I am looking forward to the horde section just like that kickass e3 reveal demo

MWrhdey.jpg

9jQwDWl.jpg

1oW4d8F.jpg

Its even more impressive when you realize that the open world is designed by a team of just 5-6 people, while certain encounters like hoards were designed and programmed by just one person.

• Like 1

I started it as well yesterday. Initial impressions are good even though it is moving quite slow. Loved the world design, the dreadful atmosphere and the fact you can get killed pretty easy. Bike handling felt heavy initially but now I am getting used to it. I wonder whether there is a way to increase inventory because it becomes full pretty fast. 

17 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Question to guys who have played this and Yakuza; should I buy this at 2k or yakuza series for 3500 (3 games at 1200 each)? One game is already out and another is coming out in few weeks. I have played yakuza series on ps4 only. 

I'll be buying few games in Nov so can pick only one as on date. 

Go for Yakuza because even though I am enjoying this one, Yakuza games are a treat and one should't miss out on them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Its even more impressive when you realize that the open world is designed by a team of just 5-6 people, while certain encounters like hoards were designed and programmed by just one person.

Wow, that's commendable and I love it even more knowing this.