Days Gone

Big Boss

20 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Its even more impressive when you realize that the open world is designed by a team of just 5-6 people, while certain encounters like hoards were designed and programmed by just one person.

Exactly. After I got to know this. This is the purpose why I bought this game. Considering the fact it’s their first ever console game. They really did a good job. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, Chirag2001 said:

I was really looking forward for this game, but cancelled the pre-order because of the negative reviews and stuff. But I think Im gonna pick it up and give it a shot. 

The game got bad or average reviews from most of the popular gaming websites     But this game is certainly not that bad as those reviewers claim it to be. 

Just see the number of dislikes on their video and read comments. 

If you consider the facts how they made the game ; then you might be blown away. :)

1 hour ago, adity said:

Why does it matter that the game was made by few people? They could've made a game with a smaller scope if they wanted to. I don't know how good the game is because I haven't played it but it had a lot of technical issues at launch which can be a reason for the relatively low scores. Also, it has a mera of 71. That's isn't very low. Even people who like it say it has quite a few issues. 

Critics hated the game, yet people loved the game and went ahead and bought it. It was enjoyable for a 1 time playthrough.

There are no issues with the game, initially there were but updates sorted them. 

• Like 1

Game totally deserved that score at launch because it was a janky-a*s mess back then. I wish more janky games got the same treatment, like Ubisoft, or the Eastern European games. But critics handwave it away because "its part of the charm" or something. Also shows you that media isn't biased towards Sony (or Nintendo) like idiot fanboys claim. Just because your favorite publisher makes consistently shitty games doesn't mean the media is out to get you.

15 hours ago, adity said:

Why does it matter that the game was made by few people? They could've made a game with a smaller scope if they wanted to. I don't know how good the game is because I haven't played it but it had a lot of technical issues at launch which can be a reason for the relatively low scores. Also, it has a mera of 71. That's isn't very low. Even people who like it say it has quite a few issues. 

The technical issues are not because of scope but  because of inexperience. This is their first console game in more than a decade and they came from directly making handheld game's. For comparison the first next gen assassin's Creed game made by more than 1000+ development team ran far worse and had more bugs than this. Kojima's team for death stranding is just 80 people but you can be sure that it'll be an extremely polished title. 

Went inside a cave, it was a Nero research site. All bloody & mushy at the entrance, took out my ak. Started hearing large number of freakers, instantly i thought this is it. Facing the horde. Inside the cave, saw them sitting idle, took out the attractor to attract them at one point and blow up with follow up grenades and pipe bombs. As soon as i took it out, they saw me and ran towards me. I started running like hell, just took a look behind and saw the large number and had goosebumps. Emptied whole mags and finally ran off on my bike. Lol.

Need more ammo and equipment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The voice acting and background score for this game is spot on. It runs okayish on base ps4 but not that bad on pro. However I am really enjoying the game now as the initial drag is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the game and Plat'ed as well. I loved it bar the random frame dips. If the technical issues were toned down before release, this game would have got some serious scores all around. I never liked Sam Witwer but he did an awesome job playing Deacon and the voice acting of majority of the characters are spot on. Story is really well done as well except minor hiccups here and there. It makes me sad that this game got judged among sony exclusives but it holds it own. Hope they do a sequel.

• 4 weeks later...

This game was really fun to play. Really liked it.  But kinda sad to know it didn’t got nominate in any of the awards but definitely a great game still. 

Hopefully Bend studio surprises us with Days Gone 2 in upcoming 3-4years. :fear:

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Days Gone 2 is looking more likely than ever: 'We want to explore many, many different avenues'

We still don't have any official word on Days Gone 2 or any other kind of sequel, but the game's studio director says his team is definitely are not done with that world. Chris Reese spoke to GR+'s own Alex Avard after Days Gone won The Golden Joystick's PlayStation Game of the Year for 2019, and Reese said that getting this recognition was a great encouragement to keep going with the Days Gone universe.

"Oh yeah, it is certainly a passion of ours, and that's what we've always wanted to do," Reese said. "This is a world that we want to keep breathing more life into, and explore many, many different avenues. So who knows, we'll see!"

A resume update from a Bend Studio employee indicates that the team has recently entered pre-production on a new game. There's no official word on what this game will be, but given the positive response to the first Days Gone and Reese's comments after receiving the award, a sequel seems quite likely.

link

16 hours ago, Bauji said:

Seeing lots of people looking forward to play this game now when its going to hit 20$ next week.

Have been planning to start this game from few months now, it's installed and ready, just that I am not getting the drive and time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Boozer and deacon are amazing together. Both got fantastic voice acting and mo cap. The scene where they punch each other combined with humor thrown is amazing. Esp. sam witwer, dude did a fantastic job and anyone who played the game knows this. The frustration, the rage, the grief, the self talk when taking down enemies is nicely done. Its weird to see how he didnt even get nominated. Infact he is among the top in my books of all the games released this year.

Game got much better too, as soon as it opened as an action title,  guns are now better and the story is getting interesting too. Enjoying it.