Days Gone

Big Boss

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Cons:

• The biggest sin this game commits is how to long it takes to get to that exciting point. Its also way too far up it's own a*s about its story. The flashblack missions are the worst where all you're restricted to doing is walking slowly
  • I think this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't like Deacon. Too much of an a**hole to everyone, even the people trying to help him. 
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Honestly the story (and the story missions) missions are the worst part of the game. So many useless missions which are just cutscenes. Others just run off the mill fetch quests. 
  • There's a general lack of polish. Like dialogue from one event will overlap with some other event. (Like Deacon will say something to himself about the environment during a radio call while someone else is talking). I had to restart missions a couple of times because the required stuff didn't spawn. The Reacher boss fight is hyped up so much and then he died in 2 hits with the shotty. I had more trouble with a zombie bear than the Reacher.
  • Random question mark missions are boring af and the most filler rng sh*t ever. I did 4 question marks and then never again did them again. Of those 4, one didn't even work properly. Some footsteps leading to nowhere. 
  • Selling pelts, plants and bounties feel very useless. Never felt the need for it. Feels like they wanted to mimic RDR2 and just copy pasted something.  

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for keeping the belief that this is still a sh*t game.. I stopped after second camp or so.. super annoying and cringe missions ever. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Thanks for keeping the belief that this is still a sh*t game.. I stopped after second camp or so.. super annoying and cringe missions ever. 

Honestly i was playing this game and was also reading the final fantasy 16 thread where everyone raving about the ff story and the boss fights which happen right from the get go and it really made me think about how much days gone doesn't respect players time. 

Multiple moments i wanted to stop playing. I'm glad i didn't because the fun eventually came but not everyone will be like that. 

Edited by dylanjosh

13 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

Honestly i was playing this game and was also reading the final fantasy 16 thread where everyone raving about the ff story and the boss fights which happen right from the get go and it really made me think about how much days gone doesn't respect players time. 

Multiple moments i wanted to stop playing. I'm glad i didn't because the fun eventually came but not everyone will be like that. 

You are both xbots trying to shame a great first party game :P

Jokes apart, I think I am the only one here who loved this game despite its flaws.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, b!T said:

Jokes apart, I think I am the only one here who loved this game despite its flaws.

I can definitely see why someone would enjoy it. There's a good game hidden underneath all this issues. What matters is how much one can tolerate those issues. If you can, then great. 

Would have loved to play a sequel but that's not going to happen i guess

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

I played and tried to like it going by the comments and there seems to be a small fan base but still didn't like it and just gave up. And I usually never give up on games, even average games. I actually enjoy a lot of average rated games and even I couldn't tolerate this game. 

I played for like 3 or so hours and it's just a boring game. Even the most basic thing like walking and running is so slow that it's a pain and feels like a chore to do. Shooting is weak and driving is average too. Missions seem like it is given for the sake of it. No purpose. Lifeless characters and bland cutscenes. 

There are games which have potential to be great but they fail to deliver, then there are games like Days Gone, which just sucks straight out. No potential at all. 

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

Even the most basic thing like walking and running is so slow that it's a pain and feels like a chore to do. Shooting is weak and driving is average too. Missions seem like it is given for the sake of it. No purpose. Lifeless characters and bland cutscenes. 

Not to forget fuelling your bike in every corner :rant: Most sh*t fueling system ever :rofl:

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Not to forget fuelling your bike in every corner :rant: Most sh*t fueling system ever :rofl:

For the pc version they give you some free upgrades right at the start so i didn't find this part that bad. 

I did find scrap collecting kind of annoying though. I was using my melee weapon a lot and so had to keep repairing it with scrap. Also i think a lot of items you craft requires scrap. 

The way survival games usually work is that after some progress you get a way to auto generate these base materials and or move on to finding higher tier materials. 

Edited by dylanjosh

15 hours ago, b!T said:

I loved the game too, enough to plat it. Sure it has a ton of flaws, but I enjoyed it

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Thanks for keeping the belief that this is still a sh*t game.. I stopped after second camp or so.. super annoying and cringe missions ever

The missions are not half as bad as the writing and dialogue. :rofl: