Days Gone

Big Boss

Completed the main campaign. 

Good -

Story and characters.

Fighting Horde.

Bad -

Dull and boring open world. 

Mission design. Most are bad and repetitive. Few are good but most camp and main missions were bad.

Performance issues on PS4 during firefights and Horde fights. Really shocking to see performance issues from Sony 1st party game. This is a rare thing.

Cant Skip End credits. Game forces you to sit and watch entire credits. 

Game was not bad but not great either. 

6/10.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Completed the game. Finished off all hordes. Finished all parallel storyline too.

Not the greatest - but yeah one of the most memorable game due to the story and hordes. The secret ending sets it beautifully for a sequel which most likely we won't get :( 

Last thing between me and a platinum is the stupid burnout apocalypse trophy. Tried a lot - can't get the nitro and drift for 5 seconds. I feel like I do but trophy doesn't unlock. Any tips?

3 hours ago, funjabi said:

Last thing between me and a platinum is the stupid burnout apocalypse trophy. Tried a lot - can't get the nitro and drift for 5 seconds. I feel like I do but trophy doesn't unlock. Any tips?

Absolutely worst. Change your tires and one more thing i cant remember to level 1 (Check youtube). Go to ada tucker and go out of the camp where there is a big gate. Use that gate area to drift and the plain road for speed. thats what i did . 

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Absolutely worst. Change your tires and one more thing i cant remember to level 1 (Check youtube). Go to ada tucker and go out of the camp where there is a big gate. Use that gate area to drift and the plain road for speed. thats what i did . 

I tried..tried and tried and finally did it. It's so random - did the same thing 50 times and it unlocked trophy one time ?

Read somewhere that half acceleration, turn Left stick - tap drift button and then press and hold nitro does it. It worked that way but required a lot of tries.

5 minutes ago, funjabi said:

I tried..tried and tried and finally did it. It's so random - did the same thing 50 times and it unlocked trophy one time ?

Read somewhere that half acceleration, turn Left stick - tap drift button and then press and hold nitro does it. It worked that way but required a lot of tries.

Congratulations :)

4 hours ago, funjabi said:

The secret ending sets it beautifully for a sequel which most likely we won't get :( 

Sony had listed this as “Power Franchise” in investor call 

obviously it’s no where near dead yet 

It sold a lot of copies 

Always on the internet discussions 

I think Sony will make Bend Juggle between this & Uncharted 

Next Uncharted is rumoured to be a collaboration between ND Lost Legacy team & Bend Studios 

Following that ND will join main team for the Space adventure game & Bend will probably start work on Days Gone 2 

No other apt project for Bend

Sony has worked on titles like Resistance,Infamous SS & Killzone SF too 

It’s only the PS4 gen that has created a 9+ reputation for Sony 

Every once in a while an 8 title from Sony could be good too 

Plus this game had lot of potential as everyone notices 

There are many instances in the past when Sequels manage to do what was expected from original  

• Like 1

The developer of Days Gone, Sony Bend, doesn't appear to be working on Days Gone 2, but a brand-new IP that will take some of the systems of Days Gone and its open-world, and transport them to a new world full of new characters. After reports and speculation that Sony Bend was not working on Days Gone 2, PlayStation Studios boss Hermen Hulst has more or less confirmed the news whilst teasing a brand new IP from the studio.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/days-gone-2-sony-bend-new-ip-game/

Early hours are boring. I didn't return back back but will do eventually. Definitely worse start than Ubisoft open world games. 

Visually very nice for an open world. Atmosphere is good too.  

Played it for few hours. Bad game. Deleted. 
This is worse than Ubisoft open world kachra. 
Same feeling [emoji38] dull, boring, slow, pathetic, lame, even framerate seemed low [emoji38]

Couldn't stand 1 hour, still tried another hour because it was reviewed ok and some people praised it but it only went open world bad instead of bad [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

First 10-12 hours are bad and boring but it does get better once you move on in story.  

Main story is around 40 hours long lol

1 hour ago, SuperT said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'd say give it atleast 5-6 hrs after that it really picks up. Many including me also did not like it the first few hrs.

5-6hrs? Naa. I say first 10hours are Boring. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Different people different opinions[emoji38][emoji38]
it’s fine tough I enjoyed the game pura paisa vasool level. 
It is available on psn+ and I have it in my library. I don't think it is worth playing even for free :giggle:

I did buy it and sold it just before it was available on psn+ though.

I guess different people different opinions. I've been hooked to this game for 35+ hrs, so far.
The story is great, and the upgrades(bike/weapons) actually make an impact, and taking the infected head-on full action, never gets boring (provided you skilled-up).

I usually just play on the weekends, so the time spacing has probably helped me from getting burnt out.

For people starting new, give the game at least (6-8 hrs). Just focus mainly on story missions, skip most side missions (nest burn, marauder camps, camp quests), as they can get tedious, because of the repetitive nature.
Do side missions, where there is a good ROI (better weapons, bike upgrades etc.,). Like specific camp quests, gives you more camp credits/trust, in turn more good upgrades.

If the firs 6-8 hrs doesn't pull you in, its better to stop playing :D

Edited by Ram Dante
  • Like 4