Days Gone

Big Boss

• 4 weeks later...

Don't think so. There won't be a DLC mostly based on the ending n stuff. 60FPS has already been unlocked on the PS5 version. At least on the PS+ collection it is. So if they make a PS5 update then they can only add dualsense support and maybe a mission or 2 extra. That is unlikely so about the update. I would say maybe mostly not. If u r referring to the 20 GB version 1.80 update, then no. That is for both PS4 and PS5. Fixes a few glitches. Some PS5 specific glitches that accompanied the 60 FPS update.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

On 5/19/2021 at 1:34 AM, WhiteWolf said:

Stealth is meh. Last of us stealth gameplay is god tier one of the best. This not even same league as Tlou in terms of gameplay .

There are some videos on YT of aggressive ellie gameplay for TLOU2, I remembered thinking the gameplay and stealth in this game is a different level when i played it, when i watched that video i realised just how much more there was to offer. The animations and fluidity of the character actions is just on a different level with tlou2

When it comes to days gone vs the last of us, its simple really. Combat in days gone is better, stealth in tlou series is slightly better. Story in tlou series is better (Days gone story is awesome but tlou story is better by a small margin) Characters and chatacter development in tlou series are better (days gone characters and character development also gr8 but in tlou its better by a fair margin)

Days gone has the best zombie mechanism I have ever seen and in that regard tlou is meh in comparison

The only problems with days gone was the initial 3 - 5 hours pacing (still very enjoyable but story parts were a little tedious) and deacon as a character was apparently "blunt." I personally had no problem, liked the character even but thought it might be worth a mention...........

By all this -

TLOU is a better game (story and stealth is slightly better and characters are much better so slightly better initial pacing.)

Days Gone is a wayyy better zombie game with awesome combat and good stealth and characters. All in all everyone should definitely experience both games.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Both are very different games and i enjoyed both. (Days gone a level above because of the hordes)

Rarely I see gamers who put Days Gone above TLOU2. I don't want to play TLOU2 in spite of it's success is because I don't want drag myself through an emotional story.

• Haha 1

TLOU has a very open stealth action gameplay that it somewhat inherits from MGS franchise. 

One can have a lot of intense fun with it or one can just straight away travel from A to B. 

So a lot of opinions regarding these kinda games differ drastically from each other. 

I'm playing TLOU P1 currently for the first time. I just don't see what the hype is about. I'm about midway through the game and so far its wildly unimpressive. The characters are 10/10 but the story so far is eh and the combat is fully stealth based which wouldn't be so bad but the mechanics are just OK. Even on ps5 and movement just feels older than even uncharted 1 and the response time is very low. Enemy scarcity usually adds a nice survival feel but they have overdone it so much that using guns is practically useless. The mellee combat is very basic. Just spam square. Little more guns action would be nice. I personally so far liked any uncharted game and definitely days gone more than TLOU. There were 2 emotional moments one of which was good and the other was eh cause they killed the character like 15 mins after introduction of the character. So far 8/10 seeing how old it is. The only way it will increase is if the story takes a perfect turn or sufficient combat is introduced. Even then I would give it 8.5 - 9/10 tops. Days gone gets a 9.5

It was way more enjoyable but at the same time had a serious story. I liked the characters too unlike many others.

Based on what I have seen of TLOU P2. I would say days gone offers equally good visuals, better combat, more enjoyable gameplay, but slightly inferior story and fairly inferior characters.

All in all, play days gone and TLOU P2 and to play TLOU P2 u have to play TLOU P1 so play all 3. I played days gone twice. Playing TLOU P1 now. Can't wait to finish and start the real deal that is TLOU P2. This is oc my opinion. Me knowing little of TLOU series, pay no mind if I'm wildly wrong which I could be.

30 minutes ago, dante77 said:

There is a comparison between this game and TLOU2 :O

This abomination on Sony exclusives! How come this shitty game is even compared to any other game let's alone this generation's awesome exclusives. One of the worst games this generation and arguably the worst ps4 exclusive ever.

I'd agree but I've started and gave up on it a few times so I'm not sure if I'm being fair. But if a game doesn't grab you in the first couple hours, should you bother? 

I'd agree but I've started and gave up on it a few times so I'm not sure if I'm being fair. But if a game doesn't grab you in the first couple hours, should you bother? 
I have played the tunnel part 5 times and quit playing literally did that just about an hour ago..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I'm playing TLOU P1 currently for the first time. I just don't see what the hype is about. I'm about midway through the game and so far its wildly unimpressive. The characters are 10/10 but the story so far is eh and the combat is fully stealth based which wouldn't be so bad but the mechanics are just OK. Even on ps5 and movement just feels older than even uncharted 1 and the response time is very low. Enemy scarcity usually adds a nice survival feel but they have overdone it so much that using guns is practically useless. The mellee combat is very basic. Just spam square. Little more guns action would be nice. I personally so far liked any uncharted game and definitely days gone more than TLOU. There were 2 emotional moments one of which was good and the other was eh cause they killed the character like 15 mins after introduction of the character. So far 8/10 seeing how old it is. The only way it will increase is if the story takes a perfect turn or sufficient combat is introduced. Even then I would give it 8.5 - 9/10 tops. Days gone gets a 9.5

It was way more enjoyable but at the same time had a serious story. I liked the characters too unlike many others.

Based on what I have seen of TLOU P2. I would say days gone offers equally good visuals, better combat, more enjoyable gameplay, but slightly inferior story and fairly inferior characters.

All in all, play days gone and TLOU P2 and to play TLOU P2 u have to play TLOU P1 so play all 3. I played days gone twice. Playing TLOU P1 now. Can't wait to finish and start the real deal that is TLOU P2. This is oc my opinion. Me knowing little of TLOU series, pay no mind if I'm wildly wrong which I could be.

days gone better than TLOU ? 
please return your PS5… you are not worthy?

I have played the tunnel part 5 times and quit playing literally did that just about an hour ago..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mah Man!!!