Days Gone

Big Boss

57 minutes ago, dante77 said:
1 hour ago, AnK said:
There is no game out there that is for everybody. 

But there are lot of games which are for nobody.

Not unless it’s unplayable or sleep worthy boring. 

Days Gone is clearly not one of those.

It got technically fixed with patches & pacing issues are somewhat tolerable to a lot of ppl. 

If ppl praised & liked MGS5 & Death Stranding….this is somewhat in similar domain. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, hsk_colossus said:

days gone better than TLOU ? 
please return your PS5… you are not worthy?

Heyy. TLOU2 is definitely better than days gone from what I know so far and that I'm saying even tho I haven't even played TLOU2 yet. Days gone is a wayy better zombie game tho. TLOU (playing now) has decent story and awesome characters. As for other elements its just not that gr8. The gameplay and stuff is just ur typical stuff. Days gone shines in gameplay, had pretty good characters and awesome story. By that logic, TLOU has only the characters that were better than days gone. It is utterly wrong to say that TLOU is better when everything in days gone except characters is better. TLOU2 from what I have seen has equally good gameplay mechanics and I don't know abt story in TLOU2. Days gone will still be more fun because eventho its a proper awesome serious story, the zombies mechanics and hordes make gameplay more enjoyable. The story is the thing to decide which was better. From what ik TLOU2 story is better so I say without playing TLOU2 is a better game. Days gone better zombie game.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, KnackChap said:

I would rather replay days gone over tlou 2 even though tlou 2 is a far superior game is all respcts. 

That helps my point. Altho days gone is on par with gameplay mechanics and way better zombie game. Dunno abt story tho.

On 10/16/2021 at 3:26 AM, Walker said:

I'd agree but I've started and gave up on it a few times so I'm not sure if I'm being fair. But if a game doesn't grab you in the first couple hours, should you bother? 

Depends man. Usually a game just can't pick up that much. Days gone after like 4 hours tops improves so much u won't put it down. With days gone u should definitely bother. The gameplay and stuff is still awesome even in the beginning but the story gets a bit tedious.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:52 AM, dante77 said:

There is a comparison between this game and TLOU2 default_shock3.gif

This abomination on Sony exclusives! How come this shitty game is even compared to any other game let alone this generation's awesome exclusives. One of the worst games this generation and arguably the worst ps4 exclusive ever.

Yes there is a comparison. A lot of them actually. U can't have finished days gone if u came out with that review. Days gone was awesome. The only issues was a slight pacing problem in the first 3-4 hours and slightly inferior characters. TLOU2 is better than days gone. TLOU1 is not. Nobody can honestly name a 3rd problem with this game with real meaning since the glitches are out. And its not like the gameplay and story is like a its not flawed but its not good. Its awesome. TLOU2 is a better game but days gone is a more fun game. Also no amount of perfection in horse riding in a game can beat the bike in days gone. The world is beautiful, story is awesome, gameplay is brilliant. This is the most underrated game of the generation.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, b!T said:

Rarely I see gamers who put Days Gone above TLOU2. I don't want to play TLOU2 in spite of it's success is because I don't want drag myself through an emotional story.

You will get days gone over TLOU2 logic from ppl who say if u care only about the story then read a book. I personally agree but wouldn't put days gone above TLOU2 most probably. I would in a zombie game list cause while its not a better game, it'd a more fun and better zombie game. Story will be better ig but days gone story gets a 9.5/10 for me.j Its almost definitely gonna be above TLOU. I rank games based on everything. I don't put a game that has perfect story and complete BS for everything else in top position like some others. TLOU mechanics weren't BS but 100% not better than days gone. That's why days gone is better than TLOU inspite of TLOU characters being better, cause nothing else is better in TLOU is. Has slight better stealth but there are hordes in days gone and stealth is stupid after placing traps against a horde. The only slightly inferior mechanics in days gone compared to tlou was the slight initial pacing issue which frankly even tlou has but that's only like for 1 hour instead of 3 - 4 and the little inferior characters.

1 hour ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

days gone is poo poo Ģặmể when compared to TLOU which is once in a generation type Ģặme…

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. but only tiny number of people will share your opinion..

Edited by hsk_colossus

17 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

days gone is poo poo Ģặmể when compared to TLOU which is once in a generation type Ģặme…

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. but only tiny number of people will share your opinion..

I severely doubt you completed the game and if u didn't u have no right to call it bad. U can't say if a game is good or bad if u haven't played at least half of it.

Once again I don't judge a game for 1 better thing if everything else is inferior. That's the scene with days gone vs TLOU. I play a popular game with awesome characters which I like and eh but playable gameplay and combat. Its not good but its not as bad as to make me want to ditch the game. Its just middling accompanied with a pretty decent story. That's TLOU for me.

Days gone has everything TLOU doesn't except days gone is lacking in characters. That means days gone is even technically better. Back in the day TLOU was the best they had because that's as good as combat, gameplay, visuals... used to get.

TLOU2 makes up for everything wrong with TLOU in this gen. Dunno about story tho. Don't tell me. I'm actually excited abt TLOU2. TLOU excitement died when I played it because of... uk. Gameplay mechanics are on par in TLOU2 against days gone. Still far as combat goes, days gone will be better as a zombie and combat game against TLOU2. Story will be decision maker for me and even otherwise TLOU2 will be a better game and days gone will be a better zombie game for me, most probably.

And I'm sure a hell of a lot more than a "tiny number of ppl" will share the same opinion.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

2 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

And I'm sure a hell of a lot more than a "tiny number of ppl" will share the same opinion.

Tlou won multiple GOTY awards… 

“The Last of Us wins game of the year and sweeps Dice awards show”

https://venturebeat.com/2014/02/06/the-last-of-us-wins-game-of-the-year-and-sweeps-awards-show/amp/

so ya I pretty sure it’s a minority opinion 

2 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

U can't say if a game is good or bad if u haven't played at least half of it.

Idk man. If a game is so boring that you feel like dropping it then you should be able to drop it and say it's a bad game without forcing yourself to play more.

Its the games job to keep you engaged and if a game is failing at that then it's a mark against the game. 

Edited by dylanjosh

41 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://venturebeat.com/2014/02/06/the-last-of-us-wins-game-of-the-year-and-sweeps-awards-show/amp/

Ya, in 2014. 7 years ago. It's like I said, back then this was a 10. Today its not as good because the current and more recent games are better.

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Idk man. If a game is so boring that you feel like dropping it then you should be able to drop it and say it's a bad game without forcing yourself to play more.

Its the games job to keep you engaged and if a game is failing at that then it's a mark against the game. 

The initial parts of days gone are only boring because of the starting story. You reach lost lake pretty soon and the gameplay and stuff is still fun upto that point. If u feel enough like dropping it, u drop it. But 3 hours of days gone is less than 10%. Its like 3 - 4 %
It's a big game so 3 hours feels like a lot but u really cant ditch a game after 3 - 4% and say its bad. You should play at least 30 - 40% and then decide its bad. It's correct to feel free to drop it and decide that u dont like it but imo its wrong to say its bad because u haven't actually played it. This especially applies to days gone because after the first 2 - 3 hours its soooo good. Story is absolutely awesome.

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Fellas, just installed this game. Just to check real quickly, is there anything that is missable post the completion of the main storyline? Side activities? Collectibles etc?

Yes. After u get that little box telling u that u finished the game, there is a series of main missions and stuff which ends in a secret ending. There are many historical location, hordes, collectibles nests etc. You probably will have done the hordes nero checkpoints and nests. Whats left will mostly be historical locations, collectibles, ripper sermons and regional herbology.
The historical locations are marked on the map and the hordes are also marked after you return to lost lake. There are a lot of side jobs. To check weather u completed them, open option and the last option should be reset jobs. If u dont see it or if it is greyed out that means u have jobs left to do. Bounties, extractions etc. The rest of the collectibles are to be found on ur own.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

What does any of that has to do with this statement:- 

20 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

days gone is poo poo Ģặmể when compared to TLOU

If one game is genre defining,doesn’t make the other one poo poo 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Fellas, just installed this game. Just to check real quickly, is there anything that is missable post the completion of the main storyline? Side activities? Collectibles etc?

No. You can get the platinum and complete everything even after the main storyline. 

• Thanks 1