Death Stranding

Big Boss

Snippets from kojima’s post on psblog.

Work on the first teaser started shortly after establishing Kojima Productions. At the time we were working out of a temporary office, recruiting was still ongoing, there wasn’t enough equipment to fit the bill and the game engine was still up in the air. We really had next to nothing.

What we did have, however, was our bond (strand) with Norman Reedus, who immediately accepted the role as our main protagonist, and the idea of the game in my mind. Relying on just these two things, the teaser was created with my own hands in only two and a half months. I still remember the emotion I felt when, after two absent years, I was greeted by your warm welcome of cheers and the thunderous claps at the E3 reveal.

As is the case for our latest trailer, all the scenes shown so far are directly from the game. This, of course, includes the scene where Sam (Norman) wakes naked on the beach surrounded by stranded whales, crabs and fish.

A typical hero is usually some sort of elite or someone with a military background. Sam is not. He is a working man of sorts — a hands-on professional. Someone with a skillset akin to a blue-collar worker. This is something you’ll intuitively understand once you play the game and control Sam. Herein lies our challenge, to create both a new form of gameplay and a hero that has never been done before.

There are other cast members who we have yet to be revealed, but to be able to announce the two heroines of our game makes me happier than I can say.

I want to deliver something for people around the world that transcends generations. I want all people to experience the entertainment medium of games, not only gamers, but fans of film, novels, comics, music and art. With the help of the bond (strand) we have with these four cast members (and those who we have yet to reveal), I believe that we will make this a reality.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/06/12/watch-the-extraordinary-new-death-stranding-trailer-from-e3-2018/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

I haven't played any MGS game but still liked MGS4. It was definitely a mindf**k but the production was excellent.

Same here ...had not played any mgs before.....didn't expect it to be that good back then....also this game has the best 

bossfights I've seen so far...almost all were so good!

1 hour ago, adity said:

I gave up after 2 hours of non stop cutscenes. 

Y just why :ack: it gets so awesome later on

Edited by kold_war

4 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Same here ...had not played any mgs before.....didn't expect it to be that good back then....also this game has the best 

bossfights I've seen so far...almost all were so good!

Y just why :ack: it gets so awesome later on

The boss fights in 3 and 1 sh*t all over 4. Go to any best boss battle list and you’ll always find psycho mantis and the end listed somewhere near the top. Both of them are unmatched even today.

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

The boss fights in 3 and 1 sh*t all over 4. Go to any best boss battle list and you’ll always find psycho mantis and the end listed somewhere near the top. Both of them are unmatched even today.

Yep. The chills I got while fighting Psycho Mantis, it was something else altogether. Sheer game-design genius.

Also, the feels during and after the the sniper-fight in the snow. Oh man!

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

I see .... unfortunately I didn't get the chance to play it ....hopefully they remake the mgs series for the ps4 :P

I have no idea what I saw, it was almost as if you walked into a theater while the movie has already started, watch a few minutes then move to the next hall and watch a few more minutes and then move to the next hall to watch a few more minutes of some other movie altogether.

I wonder who the editor was for this trailer and what sort of instructions he received to put this clip together.

Absolutely Bonkers! made no sense and I f**king love it :lol:

Edited by L33TWiZaRd