Death Stranding

Big Boss

Had my doubts about the game from the start but holy sh*t people are so pissed. Hypocrite bunch of woosies. If IGN gives it 10/10 and the game isnt good they will say bought journalism" and when they gave it a low score fanboys be like "didnt get paid enough", "havent even finished the game" types of excuses. :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Hmm so garbage reviews from IGN and all? 

Good that i preordered Jedi fallen order and not this. :P

Depends on which IGN you're talking about. The country where people like shoot stuff and each other doesn't like it :P 

The game has exact same MC average as Gears 5 otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

Had my doubts about the game from the start but holy sh*t people are so pissed. Hypocrite bunch of woosies. If IGN gives it 10/10 and the game isnt good they will say bought journalism" and when they gave it a low score fanboys be like "didnt get paid enough", "havent even finished the game" types of excuses. :rofl:

What's weird is that the narrative that it is reviewing badly is somehow getting pushed around. 

wZmaotj.jpg

This is not a low scoring game

ZYJs81M.jpg

This is a low scoring game (WWE2K20)

This has to be the most overhyped grand flop of the decade. This game looks like absolute garbage. The worst part is people will still defend this game. If it was EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda making this game they would be hanged by the hate by now.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

What's weird is that the narrative that it is reviewing badly is somehow getting pushed around. 

wZmaotj.jpg

This is not a low scoring game

ZYJs81M.jpg

This is a low scoring game (WWE2K20)

From what I've read around, people are too bored to finish the game and review it. And they can't review it unless they finish it coz of Sony's embargo. 

Also comparing WWE2KTATTI game to DEATH STRANDING? Come on... ? It shouldn't be struggling like this. With all the hype surrounding it, it was destined for a magnificent 10/10 money train for sony.

Edited by Mizanurification

1 hour ago, Mizanurification said:

Hardly anyone here is pissed about the ign review. The only issue here is whether people are right at being pissed at someone complaining about having to complete a game before reviewing it. If you don't like the game, someone else at their outlet could review it  or you don't review it at all but no these guys have to come out and blame the publisher for making them complete a story  driven game before reviewing it. With the edge review they didn't finish the game before the printing cutoff date and are now starting to blame the publisher for having them complete the game clause. 

Kotaku for eg. gave a glowing review of the game but Jason Schreier said he didn't like it despite being ambitious and lauded the team for trying something different in the  AAA space which is fair enough. 

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

This has to be the most overhyped grand flop of the decade. This game looks like absolute garbage. The worst part is people will still defend this game. If it was EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda making this game they would be hanged by the hate by now.

Lol. I don't think you even know the meaning of what a flop is. The game is averaging 86 on OC so it's def not a critical flop and only time will tell if it's a commercial one. 

And EA, ubisoft or anyone else don't even have the balls to greenlight such a project let alone fund it on such a big level. Their games are designed by their board of directors not by the game director. 

• Like 1

Lol. I don't think you even know the meaning of what a flop is. The game is averaging 86 on OC so it's def not a critical flop and only time will tell if it's a commercial one. 

And EA, ubisoft or anyone else don't even have the balls to greenlight such a project let alone fund it on such a big level. Their games are designed by their board of directors not by the game director. 
Flop not in terms of rating but in terms of actual gameplay. It's a Kojima game afterall, it will get high ratings. Hell if Kojima makes a game where you stare at the wall for 756 hours, it will still get rave reviews for being called a masterpiece and being bold and revolutionary for making you stare at a wall.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Flop not in terms of rating but in terms of actual gameplay. It's a Kojima game afterall, it will get high ratings. Hell if Kojima makes a game where you stare at the wall for 756 hours, it will still get rave reviews for being called a masterpiece and being bold and revolutionary for making you stare at a wall.

Again lol. What is flop gameplay? You're not even making sense now. If you think the whole damn game is just walking around then Kojima must be a real genius to make a 50 hr walking simulator and 90% of people end up liking it esp when the first 8-10 hours of the game is extremely slow paced. 

And please don't give me this its kojima so he gets a free pass BS. the negativity around this game right from the unveiling is there for everyone to see (including in this thread). People were saying that this game is not coming out/cancelled/ coming out in 2022/ps5 etc etc and yet in just over 3 years kojima has built a new team of 80 ppl, tools and managed to release a critically acclaimed new IP  whereas developers like rockstar with a dozen studios and 1000's of employees just managed to release 1 new game this entire generation.  If anything kojima's reputation in the game development circles is only going to grow after this project. 

if GDT can tell Norman Reedus that a Japanese guy will call you "just say yes", If  Vogt-Roberts can say he is inspired by kojimas work while directing films or when George Miller endorses his work then i say he bloody deserves every bit of praise coming his way.

Man, what is it with DF and their videos? They look so much better than anything the other sites put out.

Their audiovisual presentation is just....*chef's kiss*.

Watching the DF video on this game has certainly made the prospect of picking it up quite tempting to me. Must resist though.