Death Stranding

Big Boss

A full one hour video review.

Tim Rogers :majesty:

Haven't yet watched the video myself but came across some golden lines from the review in the comments section.

"With Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima has finally made a game that is like eating 60 pounds of vegetables at gunpoint."

"Death Stranding is the Gran Turismo of walking simulators."

“Death Stranding is hiking... for accountants”

"In summary, Death Stranding is basically Andrei Tarkovsky's Super Mario Brothers: The Movie: The Video Game"

57 minutes ago, adity said:

There is a lot of rambling but the guy delivers some proper sick burns.

I absolutely love his ramblings though. It's one of his charms.

Like someone has commented on that video, the guy may seem pretentious but he is also very self aware. From what I've seen of his videos, he is extremely passionate about Dragon Quest and Hideo Kojima and I find it thoroughly fascinating (and entertaining) just listening to him endlessly ramble about them. I guess it's kinda like that quote from La La Land about how people love what other people are passionate about.

It also helps that the guy actually knows what he's talking about.

Also he apparently went and translated Kobo Abe's "Nawa" (a quote from which is used in the opening of Death Stranding) into English and put it up on medium.com just because he couldn't find any English translations anywhere :majesty:

And also, watching this video has given me this sudden urge to watch Tarkovsky's Stalker. I've never watched any Tarkovsky movie btw :fear1:

Ohh and someone actually edited a trailer for his epic review :lol:

Edited by STICK3Rboy

46 minutes ago, Bauji said:

This somehow reminds me of -

Reveal hidden contents

Was a mistranslation. Kotaku had an entire article over it.

https://kotaku.com/of-course-hideo-kojimas-japanese-tweets-are-more-accur-1838352909

Hideo Kojima's Controversial Tweets Are Different In Japanese

Over the past few years, Hideo Kojima’s Twitter accounts have been tweeting in Japanese, his native language, and English, his second language.

While it’s unclear whether or not Kojima is doing the English tweeting himself, he’s not a native speaker. There are mistakes in his English tweets, and for a non-native speaker, that happens. No biggie! The effort is appreciated. There’s nothing wrong with small mistakes, but it’s problematic when mistranslations lead to confusion or inadvertently tick people off.

It'll be a pleasing experience playing this, Kojima and Sony did the right thing to announce it on PC prior it's release so the PC folks will be keep the hype maintained while the console players who wants to play will eventually get this. 

3 hours ago, Bauji said:
This somehow reminds me of -

One of the replies on that tweet:

Some of those credits:

Killed Dumbledore

Hideo Kojima

Knock knock, who's there?

Hideo Kojima 

Best Boy

Hideo Kojima

:lol:

Some possible scenarios, take your pick :D

1. This could so be like an Days Gone in reverse .... Critics loved it and users hated it. 

2. A No Man's sky which will be better in few years with new elements

3. Just a good old game, loved by critics and users ( not just Hideo fanboys )

1 hour ago, puns said:

Some possible scenarios, take your pick :D

1. This could so be like an Days Gone in reverse .... Critics loved it and users hated it. 

2. A No Man's sky which will be better in few years with new elements

3. Just a good old game, loved by critics and users ( not just Hideo fanboys )

1. Users haven't played it yet so can't say. Other than the shitposters and trolls.

2. NMS was a incomplete game, this isn't.

3. Hideo fanboys would love it anyway, irrespective of the game delivered.

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Been through a lot of reviews from metacritic. Now I have pre-ordered the game ; couldn’t resist anymore. Hoping it will be fun overall beside repetitive missions just like days gone.  :nerves:

Look forward to the 1st impressions on this. Most highly anticipated user reviews for any game this year :D