Death Stranding

Big Boss

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

This is why it is delayed

Reveal hidden contents

OivgqRa.gif

Thanks for the laughs but it still sucks to not play it on release date/a day later despite pre-ordering!

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I don't see any benefit of pre-ordering the game from Amazon.

There are a few things you could do.

1. Cancel the pre-order and place a new order on amazon itself on release date with the guaranteed one-day delivery option. Amazon will have to deliver it to you no later than on 9th.

2. Cancel the amazon pre-order and then pre-order it from GTS. You get a 350rs discount if you use the code "DIWALI" while purchasing. Delivery date will depend on your location. But that discount is at least something.

3. Cancel the amazon pre-order and pre-order the digital version on PSN to play it from midnight day-one. That is if you are desperate to play it as soon as possible and don't mind not having the option to sell it later.

I actually got it for 3.6k from Amazon as they were running some promo tied to a bank. Not sure if I should cancel it now and place it from GTS instead? I can't quite recall if it was them who ship it a day or 2 before release date.

2 hours ago, Kushagra said:

I actually got it for 3.6k from Amazon as they were running some promo tied to a bank. Not sure if I should cancel it now and place it from GTS instead? I can't quite recall if it was them who ship it a day or 2 before release date.

GTS ships games on release day AFAIK.

Check on their website if your pincode has express delivery available. If not, then there's no point ordering it from them as you will get it a day or two later and you've already got a similar discount from amazon.

Anyway, pre-ordered it myself from GTS.

The gameplay definitely seems appealing to me. Not sure how long it will stay that way though, which is why I've opted for a physical copy.

I don't usually sell my games but figured it would be good to have it as an option.

Also, does anyone know if this game's going to have a photo mode? The landscapes are pretty much begging for it.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

7 minutes ago, Fenix21 said:

Where ? :O

Any reason why the Collector's edition is not releasing in India? 

In Calcutta. Its a store in Acropolis mall.

Though I don't think it will be of much use as Death Stranding servers are offline currently and will come up only when the game releases officially. And this game begs to be played online.

Sony releasing collector's edition or even limited edition for their first party games in India is a dicey affair based on how they have handled the matter in the past. Do not hold any hopes of them releasing collectors edition here anytime soon.

Their Beastcast really drilled the game hard. One would be really turned off by the game if they just listened to their opinion. Dan Ryckert straight up said that it was sh*t by playing just 8 hrs. Alex and Vinnie's opinion can still be justified  as they played through all of it. Bombcast was still sympathetic to an extent, though either Jeff or Brad had not finished the game. 

On the other hand Waypoint's podcast discusses the game in a way that one would really be fascinated by the game. Their point of view in terms of game design, story, lore and systems is total opposite to that of GB. That was an interesting hear. 

i would suggest people who are on the fence to listen to both the podcasts and then make up their mind about purchasing this or not.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Clearly Media Bias 

What?

41 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

i would suggest people who are on the fence to listen to both the podcasts and then make up their mind about purchasing this or not.

Ironically, their Beastcast is what pushed me over to buy it lol. There's some spoiler stuff they talk about that's very intriguing.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

4/10 from Giant Bomb. They really hate it so much that they came out of their long review hiatus to give it a score :lol: 

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Their Beastcast really drilled the game hard. One would be really turned off by the game if they just listened to their opinion. Dan Ryckert straight up said that it was sh*t by playing just 8 hrs. Alex and Vinnie's opinion can still be justified  as they played through all of it. Bombcast was still sympathetic to an extent, though either Jeff or Brad had not finished the game. 

On the other hand Waypoint's podcast discusses the game in a way that one would really be fascinated by the game. Their point of view in terms of game design, story, lore and systems is total opposite to that of GB. That was an interesting hear. 

GB are one of the most jaded people I've come across in gaming.

Their coverage of the last E3 was the worst thing I've seen. Everything was sh*t, everything was boring for them.

I was expecting them to give this is a 1/10 based on how they were talking about it.