Death Stranding

Big Boss

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The cutscene to gameplay ratio seems to be even more mental than MGS4. Get ready for 20 hours of cutscenes :lol: 

I just don't get as to how ppl enjoy 20 hours of cutscenes in a video game.  If you really want to watch something (instead of playing) why not go to a movie !! Also,  one of the main reasons I hated MGS 4.  While the gameplay itself was good in parts, the half-hour cutscenes in between and the 2 hour at the end, really left a sour taste overall.   

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Someone posted all the cutscenes on yt and its between 8-9 hrs. 

That doesn't sound right. I just played for something like 90 min from the start and it has exactly 10 mins of gameplay. Unless the game drops them hard in the middle section, 8-9 hrs seems short.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

I just don't get as to how ppl enjoy 20 hours of cutscenes in a video game.  If you really want to watch something (instead of playing) why not go to a movie !! Also,  one of the main reasons I hated MGS 4.  While the gameplay itself was good in parts, the half-hour cutscenes in between and the 2 hour at the end, really left a sour taste overall.  

I just look at it as some incredibly well made and polished anime with great visuals, attention to detail, voice acting and some crazy/stupid meta commentary on world politics or some sh*t.

Plus I love doing this every 5 mins...

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

That doesn't sound right. I just played for something like 90 min from the start and it has exactly 10 mins of gameplay. Unless the game drops them hard in the middle section, 8-9 hrs seems short.

I think after Act 3 or somewhere in the middle, there is a long stretch where there is almost no story developments, similar to MGS 5. 

12 hours ago, Kushagra said:

Amazon still haven't shipped it, bunch of wankers :ranting:

Looks like I'm ordering everything from GTS from here on even if that means losing out on some discounts.

How much discount did you get from Amazon ? They don't give a sh*t about you playing on Day 1 or even Day 2 or 3. 

28 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

What difficulty is everyone starting on?

I was thinking of going with Hard but I'm not sure if that will just introduce more tedium.

Difficulty only affects combat which is like bare minimum, at least so far. It doesn't help with traversal or how much weight you can carry. That difficulty is dynamically adjusted based on how much cargo you load up and what route you select.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Difficulty only affects combat which is like bare minimum, at least so far. It doesn't help with traversal or how much weight you can carry. That difficulty is dynamically adjusted based on how much cargo you load up and what route you select.

Thanks. 

Think I'll go with Hard then.

6 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

How much discount did you get from Amazon ? They don't give a sh*t about you playing on Day 1 or even Day 2 or 3. 

400 and yeah that's the vibe I am getting from them. They shipped the game today but of course it's not through express delivery so no DS for me at the weekend.

I'm pissed but a valuable lesson learned.

4 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

400 and yeah that's the vibe I am getting from them. They shipped the game today but of course it's not through express delivery so no DS for me at the weekend.

I'm pissed but a valuable lesson learned.

I "pre ordered" today via a trusted seller for 3.5k. He shipped today with a poster. 

Completed the Prologue and the first mission of Episode one.

I'm just loving it so far! The majority of my playthrough so far has been cutscenes but they're of very high quality. I didn't mind them being so lengthy at all. The sound design especially has been excellent!

And goddamn the graphics are stunning!

Also, got goosebumps when Bones by Low Roar started playing :wub:

41 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Completed the Prologue and the first mission of Episode one.

I'm just loving it so far! The majority of my playthrough so far has been cutscenes but they're of very high quality. I didn't mind them being so lengthy at all. The sound design especially has been excellent!

And goddamn the graphics are stunning!

Also, got goosebumps when Bones by Low Roar started playing :wub:

Shocking. :giggle:

• Haha 1