Death Stranding

Big Boss

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

However, I have not come across any hour long cutscenes.  Will there be any in the upcoming chapters. 

Mads Mikkelsen acting and his chapters were one if the best.

The answer to this question might spoil your gameplay experience . I would suggest don’t look it up. 

and yes Mads Mikkelsen acting is just insane. 

22 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Yeah the game gets a lot better in later episodes. Have you reached to the end?

No still in chapter 10, but this feels like the beginning of that level in MGS3 where you finally face Volgin. Its going to escalate from here on out.

• Haha 1

Sort of disappointed in the Hades section (first 2) so far. The boss battle is pretty short & straightforward and tbh they just wasted the setting. I think HK missed a trick by not making these levels proper linear shoot bang bang sections ending with a boss fight. The imagery in the cutscenes are insane by any standards. Mad Miks on a metal spider web ?

I haven't played Outer Worlds yet, Smash Bros shat the bed with online, I'm too chicken to finish RE2, and even though I loved Sekiro enough to platinum it I've already forgotten about it. I'd be pretty happy if either DS or Control wins the Goty. Both are phenomenal single player games.

https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Good to see Deaths stranding being nominated in many different categories. 

performance nominees giving me hard time  Not sure whom to vote for. 

Mads Mikkelsen or Norman Reedus. :|

anyway ends up voting Mads Mikkelsen. 

4 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Good to see Deaths stranding being nominated in many different categories. 

performance nominees giving me hard time  Not sure whom to vote for. 

Mads Mikkelsen or Norman Reedus. :|

anyway ends up voting Mads Mikkelsen. 

I haven't played death stranding but in general, I find mads to be a better actor than Reedus.

12 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The outrage on Era :rofl:   

For a third and last install base in the world, the bots do scream and shout a lot :lol: 

What happened on Era?

Also one question to everyone playing, the great cast that is gathered here is needed for this game? 

9 minutes ago, hope said:

What happened on Era?

The thread reached like thousand posts in single hour, everyone claiming how Keighley is biased etc. This is what happens when your first party stable makes a sort of decent game in 3 years and it doesn't get a single nomination :lol:   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hope said:

What happened on Era?

Also one question to everyone playing, the great cast that is gathered here is needed for this game? 

Firstly, They were angry that the game scored so high and were saying that let the users get hand on and we'll know the real story and the high score were because it's a HK game and so on. 

When the players got hands on the the verdict so far has been unanimously positive. I don't think anyone expected the public feedback to be so good. 

Now when it's nominated for the VG awards in 10 categories (most for a game) they're again crying that it's because Doritos Pope is kojima's bff. 

As for your second question, I'm just halfway into the game but most of the cast don't even have their own voice or mo cap so it could've technically be done by anyone having said that the actors do a great job considering some silly names and writing, they make it sound very believable.  mads'  espboth his voice and mocap is excellent. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, b!T said:

I haven't played death stranding but in general, I find mads to be a better actor than Reedus.

Yeah but considering this game; I played the game with Norman Reedus and in the end I voted Mads Mikkelsen  feels like didn’t do justice to Reedus ? but whenever Mads makes appearance  in this game he brings a totally different vibe which is hard to explain. But can be felt while playing the game. His role (voice/acting/dialogues) in this game is superb.