Death Stranding

Big Boss

3 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

There have been some great games this year. Really want to play Outer Wilds. Hope it shows up on game pass soon.

Anyway, quite a tough choice between DS and Sekiro for my GOTY. Ended up voting for DS for GOTY (probably because it's the more recent one) and Sekiro for best action/adventure game.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The outrage on Era :rofl:   

For a third and last install base in the world, the bots do scream and shout a lot :lol: 

The thread reached like thousand posts in single hour, everyone claiming how Keighley is biased etc. This is what happens when your first party stable makes a sort of decent game in 3 years and it doesn't get a single nomination :lol:   

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Firstly, They were angry that the game scored so high and were saying that let the users get hand on and we'll know the real story and the high score were because it's a HK game and so on. 

When the players got hands on the the verdict so far has been unanimously positive. I don't think anyone expected the public feedback to be so good. 

Now when it's nominated for the VG awards in 10 categories (most for a game) they're again crying that it's because Doritos Pope is kojima's bff. 

As for your second question, I'm just halfway into the game but most of the cast don't even have their own voice or mo cap so it could've technically be done by anyone having said that the actors do a great job considering some silly names and writing, they make it sound very believable.  mads'  espboth his voice and mocap is excellent. 

49 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

There have been some great games this year. Really want to play Outer Wilds. Hope it shows up on game pass soon.

Anyway, quite a tough choice between DS and Sekiro for my GOTY. Ended up voting for DS for GOTY (probably because it's the more recent one) and Sekiro for best action/adventure game.

giphy.gif

The thread reached like thousand posts in single hour, everyone claiming how Keighley is biased etc. This is what happens when your first party stable makes a sort of decent game in 3 years and it doesn't get a single nomination :lol:   

Xbots are a dead breed on Era. The real salt is actually from us DMCV and Fire Emblem fans :ranting:.  Both those games got robbed hard. They got way better ratings than a lot of the Goty nominees. What gives.

5 hours ago, Shadoken said:

Xbots are a dead breed on Era. The real salt is actually from us DMCV and Fire Emblem fans :ranting:.  Both those games got robbed hard. They got way better ratings than a lot of the Goty nominees. What gives.

DMCV will still get best action game, but the days of pure action hack n slash game winning overall Goty are long gone :/

5 hours ago, Shadoken said:

What are you smoking

GOW3 didint win GOTY then what these DMC and all games stand a chance lol :lol:

6 hours ago, Shadoken said:

Unfortunately both don't stand much chance at all. Fire Emblem is one of the absolute best games of the year. But for a Japanese RPG game to win and an anime graphics strategy game at that - there is about a 1% chance. It would have to literally flood the market like Zelda BOTW or Mario Odyssey did to even be considered. DMC 5 is also out. Gameplay is excellent, but what these people will see is the repetitive areas and the short length of the game. They will most likely not even consider that the game is meant to be played numerous times.

Out of the given choices, I feel the GOTY should go to RE2. That game was seriously amazing. And the atmosphere, graphics, gameplay and everything else was exactly on point. Really the best game among that entire list. 

1 hour ago, hope said:

What are you smoking

Considering how DMC5 is better than GOW3, yeah, it should have been nominated at the very least.

Edited by Sach4life

Completed chapter 8 finally. It took me 4 hrs for the final delivery.

1st attempt: Around halfway through the destination., My cargo got stuck in floating carrier on the mountain after I decided to face BT boss.  Redeployed and had to go all the way back to retrieve the cargo. Couldn't make a post box due to low choral network. 

2nd attempt: good about one and half hour to reach the destination on the truck and before few meters away, electricity fluctuated and my ps4 restarted. :mellow:

3rd Attempt: Took the trike and loaded all the cargo on my back and accelerated through BT areas and mountains and reached destination in 30 min. :D

After reaching the final spot, thought I died but it was the beginning of chapter 9. Game is on fire now. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, hope said:

What are you smoking

Times are different now. Most reviewers now keep bashing old GOW games after new one came out. 

But yea I guess you right. Only Cinematic Third Person games or Open World RPGs can win.

In fact for the past 20 years only these 2 genres have won :rofl: , Goty has become a joke.

15 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

DMCV will still get best action game, but the days of pure action hack n slash game winning overall Goty are long gone :/

Watch it not get even that :/

Jump Force being there is hilarious tho , just proves these guys don't even play that many genres.

Edited by Shadoken

7 hours ago, KnackChap said:

My bad. He says thank you when happy and also dances when you rest and whistle

He also swims around in the hot springs.