Death Stranding

Big Boss

Finished the game, 75 hours total, 110k likes, 30 strands linked, 21 Legend of Legends deliveries. still many more to go, many more to help.

This is probably the best game I've played in years. Kojima dared to try something different than your everyday AAA games and it worked.

The story is insane and it all makes sense in the end.

3 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Did you like the story and the way it’s narrated? Ending episodes are like WTF is happening. ??

Yes, it all makes sense in the end. noone else but kojima could have thought of  story like this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I took a break to play Jedi and now the game tells me my intricately built zipline network is eroding away.

tenor.gif?itemid=4652928

They maximum amount of time they stay is 2 weeks real time

Started playing yesterday. I am in chapter 2 right now. Got the bike as well. Have couple of questions.

So where can I find the amount of weight the bike can carry?
Is there cargo optimization for bike?
Let's say I fend off BTs during time fall at a particular location. Now if I go back immediately (to get my bike or cargo) to the same location does it reappear?

The game is good till now. First couple of hours were just exposition. They could've made it better. But somehow they made walking / traversing interesting.

The world looks gorgeous.

1 hour ago, Infamous said:

Started playing yesterday. I am in chapter 2 right now. Got the bike as well. Have couple of questions.

Let's say I fend off BTs during time fall at a particular location. Now if I go back immediately (to get my bike or cargo) to the same location does it reappear?

The game is good till now. First couple of hours were just exposition. They could've made it better. But somehow they made walking / traversing interesting.

To check how much cargo you have put in your trike you need to access the terminal and go to cargo management and keep loading your cargos on to trike until it reaches its limit. For reverse trike I think it’s 30kg. The more cargo you put to your vehicle will consume even more power and battery will drain little faster. And you won’t be able to drive that fast. 

While traversing on trike and if you come across BT’s your vehicle gets damaged/destroyed depends upon the vehicle condition when it got caught with BTs. 

And no after you got into fight with BTs and once you defeated them going back to previous location won’t give you a new trike unless you craft it personally or either can load the previous game saved file. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infamous said:

The cargo depends on the condition of the container. if its been in the rain for a while and then you pick it up and happen to drop it, you'll damage the cargo

• Like 1

Final impressions.

- The game is visually insane. The production values are off the charts & The decima engine has been taken to a whole new level. from the stunning landscape views or stunningly detailed character models to the micro level details like character models getting goosebumps or tears building up in the eyes, it's all here and done with an artistical and technical wizardry that is currently unmatched. It also animates beautifully with Sam having multiple layers of animations depending on how much load he carries. Great motion capture work and performance from all the lead characters too

- Loved the OST. the main theme feels like a mix of interstellar and stranger things, it has a very mysterious SciFi feel to it And is used extremely well esp towards the end. The other standout track is BB's theme. The outsourced songs are excellent and fit the theme well.

- the song placements during the game is sort of a hit or miss, sometimes the songs sync with your journey perfectly but sometimes the songs are interfered by a bt area or reaching your destination soon.

- Story has 3 main arcs. The first arc is the world and how it came to be after the post death stranding, this arc is built throughout the game with both cutscenes and in game e-mail and info dumps. The second and main arc is the Lindsay wagner arc, this part is the one that connects the whole story together and is told via both flashbacks and realtime events. This one is slightly more confusing and you won't understand it completely until the very end END. the third arc is of mad's character and this one wa personally my favorite and the most interesting one. Once all three story converge, almost all of the story beats are resolved and it comes together quiet well. The ending is well done and concludes the story presented in this game game without leaving you on a cliffhanger. 

- the cutscenes presented here are of extremely high quality and extremely well directed. Action sequence have always been where kojima shines but here even the quieter moments are done well. It still suffers from some of kojima's over indulgence where something that can be said in 10 words he takes 100 and still doesn't complete it. The writing also sometimes suffers and some scenes are weird as f**k but this all comes naturally into a kojima game. 

- won't get into the gameplay much, it's there for everyone to see but you unlock a ton of stuff throughout the game that makes going from place to place easier. It's how you play the game during chapters 3-8 will decide how much you'll enjoy it later on. There are also a few mule/ terrorist camps  and you can tackle it however you want but because they're all set in open fields so it mostly ends up in a shooting gallery.

- the game gives you a lot of tools but never forces you to use anything, there are always multiple ways to clear a certain problem. Absolute no hand holding. 

- there are 2 different type of bt encounters, the one where you have to go around stealthily or fight them. The stealth encounters are initially tense but once you get a certain upgrade you'll start to get more confident but then the game sort of throws a curveball which some may find difficult but for me i got past that due to the online community and the strand system. The BT fights are almost the same from mini boss encounters to the final boss they're all just bullet sponges whom you'll first defeat only with grenades but then use every sort of gun possible. 

- the other boss fights are good to ok'ish. With Higgs and Cliff s final encounter being memorable. Some shades of MGS here but nothing that good.  kojima's boss fights peaked with mgs3 imo.

- the social strand system ( MP) of this game is literally a game-changer. If souls game's were taking 1 step, this is kojima taking 100 steps. Is revolutionary and fits with the game well, im sure this feature will be copied by many game's in the coming future. 

There is many more things to say but i would say you need to play it for yourself and see it. The game takes you in a bold new direction where games and publishers dare not venture. It's a completely original ( from setting to gameplay) and unlike anything you have it will play in the foreseeable future. Chances are that you may not like it and might find the gameplay uninteresting but that something i leave upto y you to play and decide. 

Positives

- excellent setting and SciFi feel

- incredible production values

- proper open world sandbox with multiple tools

- intriguing story 

- gameplay loop that you might be addicted to or...

Negatives

- gameplay loop that you might not enjoy. 

- weak combat against both human and bt enemies

- overindulgence in everything

- some backtracking might piss you off. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

To check how much cargo you have put in your trike you need to access the terminal and go to cargo management and keep loading your cargos on to trike until it reaches its limit. For reverse trike I think it’s 30kg. The more cargo you put to your vehicle will consume even more power and battery will drain little faster. And you won’t be able to drive that fast. 

While traversing on trike and if you come across BT’s your vehicle gets damaged/destroyed depends upon the vehicle condition when it got caught with BTs. 

And no after you got into fight with BTs and once you defeated them going back to previous location won’t give you a new trike unless you craft it personally or either can load the previous game saved file. 

44 minutes ago, Snake said:

The cargo depends on the condition of the container. if its been in the rain for a while and then you pick it up and happen to drop it, you'll damage the cargo

Thanks.

The strand system is awesome. I am seeing random ppl's structure everywhere. Thank god its working without PS+ subscription.

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

This is not PS2 and the game will 99.99% use Internet Time. So doubt you will have any luck with that.

I just did. Guess what?

It worked

:rofl: Unchecked internet time in settings, turned back 2 days and the game stopped telling me that my structures are deteriorating. Zipline network saved, chapter 10 backtrack done in 10 mins

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I encountered BTs who are on fire and won't die with usual Hematic bombs. How to kill them? Anti BT guns?

yep. Carry atleast two anti-BT guns. And keep as much as blood bags ? you can. If you have equipped  Power skeleton then you can make longer jumps as well to avoid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

I encountered BTs who are on fire and won't die with usual Hematic bombs. How to kill them? Anti BT guns?

Bola gun +  Hematic nades lvl 2 or hematic rounds. There is another type of round which is even more effective. But you deliver lots of pizzas for that

5 hours ago, Infamous said:

Thanks.

The strand system is awesome. I am seeing random ppl's structure everywhere. Thank god its working without PS+ subscription.

Make sure you like them and connect them via the cuff links.

Also another tip, if you ever get into a boss /BT battle and dont have any weapons, call out to other players, they'll resupply you asap