Death Stranding

Big Boss

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

First time I met non-hostile humans

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Nope never met or seen anyone. Which is why I hit the scan to see if they were MULEs.

The mules are restricted to their specific zones, also the other porters use created structures, make deliveries and also give you some free stuff on liking them.

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Completed the Higgs episode. Now I am going for the massive back tracking. Hopefully my trusty reverse pike is good enough.

No ziplines?

5 hours ago, Infamous said:

So is there a way to move a downed Mule from the road? Now I cannot use the road with a Mule on it.

when you say downed... do you mean unconscious or dead?

Unconscious. Right now there is some space, so I am able to ignore and go past him. Still if there were two mules then it's won't be possible to use the road. There should be some way to carry him or put on a truck or something.

I have a question. Will gamers who play this game later in its lifespan will have a different experience than the gamers who played it as soon as it was released?

I mean with certain elements such as building roads and path? Won't new players see the roads are already built by early players?

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Roads and sh*t degrade with time. So I'm assuming the experience now will be better than later since the player base is active rn. 

Oh wow, it all makes sense to me now. Thanks. I want to play this game but do not have that kind of time until summers. Hopefully it remains active until then.

3 hours ago, Infamous said:
6 hours ago, Snake said:

Unconscious. Right now there is some space, so I am able to ignore and go past him. Still if there were two mules then it's won't be possible to use the road. There should be some way to carry him or put on a truck or something.

Never had a problem honestly, just drive over them and see what happens.

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Never cared about them. Only used a few times near mountain knot city. 

Already halfway there, reverse pike has served me well.

Ziplines are the best structures out there along with gennys

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

Oh wow, it all makes sense to me now. Thanks. I want to play this game but do not have that kind of time until summers. Hopefully it remains active until then.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Roads and sh*t degrade with time. So I'm assuming the experience now will be better than later since the player base is active rn. 

The structures are there to make the journey a little easier, not to  make the game into a ez mode. They are tools and not something you absolutely must have to complete the hand.You'll also have new PC players next year. If you don't find any structures, build one and. if you use a structure someone else built, give it a like and pay it forward. help someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

I have a question. Will gamers who play this game later in its lifespan will have a different experience than the gamers who played it as soon as it was released?

I mean with certain elements such as building roads and path? Won't new players see the roads are already built by early players?

You can only see other players' structures in an area once you've connected it to the chiral network. And to connect an area to the chiral network, everyone will have to traverse through it the hard way at least once.

And yeah, the game might become a little more grindy once the player base dwindles as you won't be having others chipping in to build roads and other stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

The first time you enter a new area it's disconnected from the network so you won't see any other player structures. Once you connect it you'll see other player structures which i think is done via matchmaking or some other trick. Over time the player built structures will degrade and get destroyed. 

The road pavers are on a set path so if they're connected to the network other players can contribute materials towards building it, if not you'll have to do it on your own. 

• Like 1