Death Stranding

Big Boss

At the beginning of the game when you see those impossibly tall snowy mountains in the far distance, you never expect the game to make you climb them especially given how difficult it is just to just walk on normal rocky ground initially. I thought they were part of the skybox for first few hours.

35 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

At the beginning of the game when you see those impossibly tall snowy mountains in the far distance, you never expect the game to make you climb them especially given how difficult it is just to just walk on normal rocky ground initially. I thought they were part of the skybox for first few hours.

Yup this is the 2nd game after botw which did it. Amazing feeling when you climb the landscapes which were considered skyboxes or background structures out of game area.

Completed the game. Story was meh. I just wanted the last 2 chapters to end ASAP. Thankfully there won't be any sequel.

Positives:

- Stunning graphics

- Revolutionary community based gameplay

- Best face capture and motion capture ever seen in a video game of this scale

- Great music

- Stealth sections were fun

- BB was adorable

Negatives:

- Takes too long to get going

- Story can be hit or miss. I personally felt the story was ridiculous and downright lolworthy.

- Shooting sections were bad

From an interview with vulture. 

https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/hideo-kojima-death-stranding.html

While the intricate twists in the plot are manifold, those that are influenced by his childhood are the most compelling. That tar-ridden ocean and the threatening squid monsters, for instance. Kojima remembers at the age of two “my father pushing me out on the ocean on a boat. It was so frightening. I still go into the ocean, and I dive from time to time, but I get really frightened about these big waves and big ocean animals.” His father died when Kojima was 13, leaving his mother with the burden of raising her son as a single parent. He developed such a feeling of protectiveness toward her that when he launched his independent studio post-Konami and began developing Death Stranding, Kojima kept it a secret from her.

“I thought, I’ll tell her once I’ve become a little successful,” he says. “I didn’t want her to worry.” But she died during the game’s gestation. “The ghosts in the game — maybe my parents are one of them, seeing me in this world,” he adds. “I wanted to have that kind of metaphor, that within you, you’re connected to the people that passed away.” Kojima admits to regrets about not telling his mother about the game. He appears shaken as he says it.

?☹️