Death Stranding

Big Boss

On 1/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Snake said:

Yup, every bit helps when you build stuff in this game. Building roads and delivering lost parcels for get a lot of likes

Yea it's great, my brige link have gotten much stronger. 

How does ziplines work? I mean i know how to construct but i don't see other peoples ziplines like other constructions. 

39 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea it's great, my brige link have gotten much stronger. 

How does ziplines work? I mean i know how to construct but i don't see other peoples ziplines like other constructions. 

Once you connect a distry centre, you can see other peoples ziplines as well (provided you have progressed enough to unlock it).

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Once you connect a distry centre, you can see other peoples ziplines as well (provided you have progressed enough to unlock it).

Yes I've unlocked it and built some. Using a lot of chiral bandwidth that one. I have just now connected distro center of the mountain knot but still i can't see any other player's ziplines. Just mine. 

3 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yes I've unlocked it and built some. Using a lot of chiral bandwidth that one. I have just now connected distro center of the mountain knot but still i can't see any other player's ziplines. Just mine. 

Not sure what the reason behind it is but even I didn't see many ziplines from other players in my game. Only saw a few scattered here and there.

I built my own zipline network.

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Not sure what the reason behind it is but even I didn't see many ziplines from other players in my game. Only saw a few scattered here and there.

I built my own zipline network.

It's same with me. Hardly see anybody's ziplines in my world. I guess it's because ziplines are way efficient and kind of defeats the purpose of the game if you get ziplines all over the place. 

The main problem with me is the bandwidth. I've been focusing too much for the world and community, bulding all kinds of structures all over the map and now i have almost no bandwidth left to use for ziplines as it takes 500 bandwidth per installation and you need 2 between every 300 mtrs. I might be taking a run to deconstruct my structures which aren't in use much for more bandwidth. 

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

The main problem with me is the bandwidth. I've been focusing too much for the world and community, bulding all kinds of structures all over the map and now i have almost no bandwidth left to use for ziplines as it takes 500 bandwidth per installation and you need 2 between every 300 mtrs. I might be taking a run to deconstruct my structures which aren't in use much for more bandwidth. 

Try completing more standard orders. It increases your rating at the facilities which then increases the overall bandwidth in that region.

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

Try completing more standard orders. It increases your rating at the facilities which then increases the overall bandwidth in that region.

Yes, I've almost max out the north (port knot city, engineer, peter englert) middle (elder, distro, filmdirector, junk dealer, chiral artist) south (mama, cosplayer, collector and sount knot) middle west (weather station and the farm) 

My only problem is mountain area. It's way too big and rough. Filled with MULEs and BTs. I need ziplines there at most. Once I've completed those areas I'll be focusing on west. After you access ziplines, delivering on foot feels like a chore. 

14 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yes, I've almost max out the north (port knot city, engineer, peter englert) middle (elder, distro, filmdirector, junk dealer, chiral artist) south (mama, cosplayer, collector and sount knot) middle west (weather station and the farm) 

My only problem is mountain area. It's way too big and rough. Filled with MULEs and BTs. I need ziplines there at most. Once I've completed those areas I'll be focusing on west. After you access ziplines, delivering on foot feels like a chore. 

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

So how are you guys liking  the game?

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think I'm still in chapter 12. Played it for around 70-80hrs before taking a break from it (and most of gaming, in fact). Have only been playing AoE2 MP.

I'm not a fan of the story and the boss battles so far but I love everything else about the game. There is honestly nothing else quite like it.

The traversal mechanics, especially, made me feel like I was actually interacting with the world in a meaningful way. That is something which I was craving for in AC:O (the last open-world game that I played before this). Even though I loved that game, the huge and pretty world seemed more like just window dressing, which is not the case here.

That combined with an addicting gameplay loop full of interesting stuff to unlock, a beautiful world with stunning graphics and a variety of landscapes have made for a very fun and rewarding game for me. And of course, the asynchronous multiplayer has its own charms.

It's my personal GOTY of 2019 even though I haven't finished it yet. Is that weird? :P

7 hours ago, Snake said:

It's a surprise hit for me. The concept 'delivery or walking simulator' seems boring on paper but in reality it's fun. I must be more than 40 hrs in, shame that PSN don't have anyway to track your game time. 

The story is amazing so far, it weird but in a good way. Kojima has done an amazing job here. 

The multiplayer aspect is unique and great, finding someone's ladder, rope, generator, bike, shelter and even a zipline in a dire need feels like a blessing. The signs are cool as well, especially since some actually give buffs. There are areas that I can drive to now that I could not before because we all walked the hell out of it. 

As gameplay there is point A and B but the obstacles between them makes it interesting. MULEs, BTs and Timefall. It might get frustrating at times but somehow it keeps you engaged. 

It's definitely a one kind of a game.

And certainly not for everyone.

Edited by Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I think I'm still in chapter 12. Played it for around 70-80hrs before taking a break from it (and most of gaming, in fact). Have only been playing AoE2 MP.

I'm not a fan of the story and the boss battles so far but I love everything else about the game. There is honestly nothing else quite like it.

The traversal mechanics, especially, made me feel like I was actually interacting with the world in a meaningful way. That is something which I was craving for in AC:O (the last open-world game that I played before this). Even though I loved that game, the huge and pretty world seemed more like just window dressing, which is not the case here.

That combined with an addicting gameplay loop full of interesting stuff to unlock, a beautiful world with stunning graphics and a variety of landscapes have made for a very fun and rewarding game for me. And of course, the asynchronous multiplayer has its own charms.

It's my personal GOTY of 2019 even though I haven't finished it yet. Is that weird? :P

Don't say it's your GOTY, people don't like to hear that here.

33 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

It's a surprise hit for me. The concept 'delivery or walking simulator' seems boring on paper but in reality it's fun. I must be more than 40 hrs in, shame that PSN don't have anyway to track your game time. 

The story is amazing so far, it weird but in a good way. Kojima has done an amazing job here. 

The multiplayer aspect is unique and great, finding someone's ladder, rope, generator, bike, shelter and even a zipline in a dire need feels like a blessing. The signs are cool as well, especially since some actually give buffs. There are areas that I can drive to now that I could not before because we all walked the hell out of it. 

As gameplay there is point A and B but the obstacles between them makes it interesting. MULEs, BTs and Timefall. It might get frustrating at times but somehow it keeps you engaged. 

It's a definitely one kind of a game.

And certainly not for everyone.

Yup it's definitely not for everyone. but it's strangely addictive.

BTW you can see you play time after each delivery

3 hours ago, Snake said:

BTW you can see you play time after each delivery

Yes but i skip them mostly. Want to jump to my next delivery asap. 

Sometimes i feel Kojima done some of the annoying things purposely like when you recycle something you get a very loud noise with 'thank you for your support' sign.

Some rocks are purposely kept in the middle of a freaking road to annoy the sh*t outta you.

You get a random mini earthquakes when you're peacefully walking the road. 

Some containers placements are ridiculous, 2 near the point while other 4 on the other side of the mountain/river where you have to walk more 30 km to get them. 

Some areas are cannot be traversed on vehicles but force you to carry 10 freaking ton of parcels on your back. 

Bandwidths. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

On 1/24/2020 at 10:53 AM, KnackChap said:

Use the sticky gun. I never used it once during my play through but goddamn it's awesome for picking up that far flung cargo

Yes if the cargo is within 30m range. Some cargo placed way beyond where you have to travel 15 min more to get.