Death Stranding

Big Boss

58 minutes ago, muchwow said:

It really feels like Sony has decided to milk all the goodwill they built up last gen this gen. So many paid next gen upgrades compared to MS and a $10 hike in price of new games. And naming this the director's cut while the director himself doesn't agree with it. The trailer made it feel like they are trying to change the game to fall more in line with the rest of their exclusives and appeal to the american market.

Fps boost that has been given free of cost is similar to the patches released by sony for free which makes games like TLOU2 run at 60fps on the ps5. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Fps boost that has been given free of cost is similar to the patches released by sony for free which makes games like TLOU2 run at 60fps on the ps5. 

Not really 

Gears 5 & Forza 4 got upgraded with overhauled versions for Series consoles 

But as I said someone who’s clutching on straws already doesn’t have the negotiating power with the buyer 

Don’t know what made HSK fart….eerrr crack so hard 

1 minute ago, iam said:

What is this?!?

if you are trying to compare this to free FPS upgrades of countless PS exclusives then you are as wrong as radical with his comparison 

This is hardly a “boost” 

it’s more of a performance mode that trades resolution with FPS,atleast in OneX/SX version of the games which were the new ones with an appeal left 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

What is this?!?

if you are trying to compare this to free FPS upgrades of countless PS exclusives then you are as wrong as radical with his comparison 

This is hardly a “boost” 

it’s more of a performance mode that trades resolution with FPS,atleast in OneX/SX version of the games which were the new ones with an appeal left 

There are 2-3 MS exclusives yet you can’t do your anal-ysis properly… what about sea of thieves and ori?  :rofl:

I knew someone would count old Bathesda games as part of “M$ catalogue” :lol: 

what useless minds….not worth my time 

Edit:- Yeah I almost always forget about Sea of thieves existence 

please count that too

Edited by AnK

42 minutes ago, AnK said:

But as I said someone who’s clutching on straws already doesn’t have the negotiating power with the buyer 

This implies Sony is using its negotiating power to take advantage of the buyer. Which is exactly my original statement. Spider-man, GOT:DC and now this all feel a little too slimy to me. It negates the point of backward compatibility if your old copy isn't gonna get you the best version of the game. Ignore MS, enough companies have done it on PC as well.

3 minutes ago, muchwow said:

This implies Sony is using its negotiating power to take advantage of the buyer. Which is exactly my original statement. Spider-man, GOT:DC and now this all feel a little too slimy to me. It negates the point of backward compatibility if your old copy isn't gonna get you the best version of the game. Ignore MS, enough companies have done it on PC as well.

Consider these new titles as 4k remasters. And if you want to experience the 4k goodness, you need to pay $10 in case of death stranding. 

Else sony has come out with 60fps patches already. 

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

I knew someone would count old Bathesda games as part of “M$ catalogue” :lol: 

what useless minds….not worth my time 

Edit:- Yeah I almost always forget about Sea of thieves existence 

please count that too

:roflroll:

“I only count things that suit my point” :loser:

15 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Consider these new titles as 4k remasters. And if you want to experience the 4k goodness, you need to pay $10 in case of death stranding. 

isn’t he saying the same thing?  That’s what’s slimy

49 minutes ago, muchwow said:

Lol, what? Point of BC was never to get the best version with your old copy. Only reason why MS is giving free upgrades is because their entire gaming model is now solely based around gamepass. It is pointless for them to charge for upgrades anyway. Not saying Sony can't give away updates for free, they should and they are in some cases. Ultimately, $10 upgrade is fine as long as the changes are worth it. Better than paying $30-60 anyway. 

5 minutes ago, muchwow said:

Name one other backwards compatible console which got so many first party paid upgrades and I'll retract my point.

XBone

It was capable of doing BC from get go but M$ waited years to explore it

Gears Ultimate,2 Halo Anniversaries ,Forza 5,Titanfall & many others were separately paid SKU’s instead 

no upgrade option either  

Now retract & leave 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

So, should I wait for this to come to PC ? :unsure: Was in the middle of playthrough 

I'd probably wait if I was in your shoes. Unless you plan on doing another run when the DC comes out for PC.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a 3080 was about to start a run. Will just hold off for now and see if they announce anything.

37 minutes ago, AnK said:

XBone

Gears Ultimate,2 Halo Anniversaries ,Forza 5,Titanfall & many others were separately paid SKU’s instead 

no upgrade option either  

Now retract & leave 

Source please?  
otherwise stop with your tales from the a*s.

Every damn thread becomes a pile of sh*t the moment you start posting.:bash:

29 minutes ago, AnK said:

XBone

no upgrade option either  

Now retract & leave 

Ok lets go through this:

xbone wasn't BC on launch. They developed it later for whatever reasons like bad sales and it came out in 2015. By your argument the ps4 can probably do ps3 games but $ony did not even explore it.

Gears ultimate: Came 9 years after the original, enough time for a significant upgrade and launched before BC was launched

Halo Anniversary: Launched before BC was announced and is a compilation of all games on xbone

Forza 5: Never launched on 360 to be BC

Titanfall: Ported back to 360 after xbone launch.

Nothing to retract :giggle:

13 minutes ago, muchwow said:

Ok lets go through this:

xbone wasn't BC on launch. They developed it later for whatever reasons like bad sales and it came out in 2015. By your argument the ps4 can probably do ps3 games but $ony did not even explore it.

Gears ultimate: Came 9 years after the original, enough time for a significant upgrade and launched before BC was launched

Halo Anniversary: Launched before BC was announced and is a compilation of all games on xbone

Forza 5: Never launched on 360 to be BC

Titanfall: Ported back to 360 after xbone launch.

Nothing to retract :giggle:

The funny part is he doesnt even own the console he is religiously defending the entire day. 

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

The funny part is he doesnt even own the console he is religiously defending the entire day. 

It actually is considering I do own it. I also got DS on steam launch day

Maybe not Forza 5 it was another Forza 

so many of them not my fault 

& what a stupid excuse to say that BC was “developed” later 

it was capable of running 360 codes in their native form as revealed years later after they made all the money on ports they could 

PS4 was never capable of doing that with PS3 code & neither is PS5 

Also another stupid excuse when you don’t want to retract from words when proven wrong about not owning system 

So for speaking truth you need conditions :rofl: 

• Haha 1