Death Stranding

Big Boss

6 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

500/- to upgrade. I'm def gonna get it when I get the ps5. This upgrade policy is soooo much better than what they did with GoT DC. I mean that literally costs 4x as much.

That Upgrade can’t be compared in absolute terms 

coz it has a story expansion which is around 8-12 hours in length in a completely different island 

Yes the $10 worth of actual PS4-PS5 “upgrade value” you are getting much more in DS DC compared to GoT DC 

but then again DS DC is not available on PS4 & neither does the PS4 version let you play the game at 60fps for Free in BC mode 

So ppl who think the $10 upgrade are offering “nothing” have the option to just play PS4 GoT DC for free on PS5 with almost same fidelity 

Which is a plus point in favour of GoT over DeathS 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Kojima no big greed only little. 

Why didn’t he release the “new content” on PS4 

or why no free 60fps patch for use in BC 

It’s just weird that anything that’s Positive is Developer & everything that’s negative is Sony 

we don’t even know what say Kojima has in all this as it’s Sony IP 

This growing notion is not right IMO 

40 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s just weird that anything that’s Positive is Developer & everything that’s negative is Sony 

we don’t even know what say Kojima has in all this as it’s Sony IP 

This growing notion is not right IMO

Not everybody is blaming Sony for GOT. I for one sees the price and feels it's too much and don't care who is responsible for it. Stop assuming everyone who is criticizing a Sony owned game is up in arms against Sony. I didn't like the upgrade paths for GOT, Control, Spiderman etc. I didn't like initial Halo infinite reveal and criticized that as well. I can criticize a game while being neutral to a corporation. None of these corporations care about us except how to make money.

It's silly to defend them in every thread. You are better than lot of people in keeping things civil without getting personal but you should stop making everything you post defending a corporation which clearly has many flaws but doing better than the other one for time being.

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

1 thing I noticed, while the upgrade is 500rs its not upgrading to the directors cut. They are basically asking 500 for slightly improved resolution and framerate, basically what other publishers are providing for free.

What? :huh:

The upgrade is for Director’s Cut digital deluxe edition. 
Along with the director’s cut you also get a bonus soundtrack + artwork app. 

It’s not just FPS + improved res. 
It’s a native PS5 version with dualsense support, super fast load times, etc 

Imo, it is by far the best PS5 upgrade I experienced. 

Edited by Vamos

15 minutes ago, Vamos said:

& the reason behind it is quite simple 

The “Corporate” knows that unlike other games namely GoT this upgrade is not going to generate interest,as the first outing was criticised for being shallow & didn’t generate as much interest or word of mouth which reflected on sales in comparison to other First Party Games.

They need to repackage it to generate interest again & for that $10 is an appropriate price….due to the lack of confidence it’s furthermore £5 & ₹500 in some regions to make sure ppl get it. 

GoT on the other hand is ready with a full expansion that millions who bought first outing eagerly wanted. 

So they have confidence that ppl will pay that extra money just to get their hands on the lucrative content.

But also realise that it would lead to negative PR that’s why they unlocked the FrameRate on BC version to evade that….for smart a*s ppl who know the upgrade is “no worth” & give them an option to experience new & old content on their terms.

It’s just basic corporate strategy to be applied to each IP differently depending on how much it can make,as simple as that. 

Edited by AnK

59 minutes ago, Vamos said:

What? :huh:

The upgrade is for Director’s Cut digital deluxe edition. 
Along with the director’s cut you also get a bonus soundtrack + artwork app. 

It’s not just FPS + improved res. 
It’s a native PS5 version with dualsense support, super fast load times, etc 

:scratchchin: 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

1 thing I noticed, while the upgrade is 500rs its not upgrading to the directors cut. They are basically asking 500 for slightly improved resolution and framerate, basically what other publishers are providing for free.

The 500 rupee upgrade gets you upgraded resolution and framerate, new story missions, new gear, new weapons,multiple gear upgrades, new roads, new BTs, racing circuit, firing range,Half Life Items,Cyberpunk 2077 items.

I think its definitely worth 500 bucks

• Like 4