Death Stranding

Big Boss

12 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I finished the directors cut version i want to play it again but  I was curious how do I change the color of Sam's suit? As far as I know you get option to change sam's suit color once you beat the game. I thought there would be new game+ or something but there isn't any. I just had to start a new game from all over. Any idea till what chapter I have to play to get that option?

You can do it in Sam's safe house during first play through itself. 

12 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

You can do it in Sam's safe house during first play through itself. 

I just loaded a old save from my first playthrough. I don’t get that option. so I thought I have yo beat the game first. How do I get or unlock that option to change Colors?

GgImBsu.jpg

Edited by GameAnalyzer

At first i heard all the kojima commotion (btw this is my first ever kojima game),had mixed thoughts about it. Picked it up, loved the game, I’m near the end now and cherished every second of it. The weird genre defying thing really clicked with me and that was the interestingly the best part of all

3 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I just loaded a old save from my first playthrough. I don’t get that option. so I thought I have yo beat the game first. How do I get or unlock that option to change Colors?

GgImBsu.jpg

Just checked. You need to finish it first to unlock suit in that menu

36 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I finished the directors cut version i want to play it again but  I was curious how do I change the color of Sam's suit? As far as I know you get option to change sam's suit color once you beat the game. I thought there would be new game+ or something but there isn't any. I just had to start a new game from all over. Any idea till what chapter I have to play to get that option?

Once u unlock a suit color, you can change it by going to the suit menu, you’ll need To look at the glass case

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I wish there was a mode where no BTs, no mules, just put on some music and do deliveries. :cry:

Same. All that sh*t felt like it was at odds with the core gameplay.

Should've just gone all out on being a hiking simulator and made the terrain and harsh climes the main challenge.

• Like 1

When I played it, had quite a few games in backlog and not enuf time for gaming these days...so by the time I reached chapter 2, it felt like the progression is very slow, but at the same time dint want to rush thru it.

Guess, if I would have enuf time in hand and less stress, would have enjoyed much more...just walking in that beautiful and amazing world, taking my own sweet time. Hoping to start this again one day.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

One of the first missions in the game. Zen af. 

I wish there was a mode where no BTs, no mules, just put on some music and do deliveries. :cry:

I mean it’s possible to some certain extent. But you have to clear all the BT areas. But you can’t playing songs while playing traversing. I wanted this feature too. Are you playing it for the first time ? Or playing directors cut again on PS5?

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I finished the director's cut on ps5. 

Is it really possible to clear a BT area? I would think they come back after a while. You can clear the mule/terrorists by killing them but it goes against the ethos of the game. BB starts crying and faints after a while. 

killing mules would require you to take them to the incenrator, or else is voidout and game over

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think that maybe, just maybe Kojima is a lil overrated. Never again, only he can turn a cargo delivery simulator into a fully fledged game with a unique world, a weird but interesting story, and make simply walking around so much fun.

The network features are incredible, just logging in everyday and knowing my structures have helped thousands of porters traverse the landscape, or knowing structure I half built was completed by some strangers, and best of all the choice selection of tracks that play every now and then as you traverse and soak in the environment.

Just reached the farm, concentrating on standard orders and taking the campaign slow. After the first 2 hours, game just got better and better, lots of mechanics to understand. And so many small details, be it Sam's interaction with BB and other NPC's or just the harsh environment and his present physical/mental state, it feels natural, plus the animations are smooth and seamless too. They've really polished this game to almost perfection. 

I see why the initial reviews were a bit polarized, wonder if the reviewers played the game as it was supposed to, or just finished the main story to give an opinion asap. Coz it feels like you're supposed to take your time to breathe it all in.

Definitely gonna plat this, I bet even the expected grind for some trophies would be fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I used to think that maybe, just maybe Kojima is a lil overrated. Never again, only he can turn a cargo delivery simulator into a fully fledged game with a unique world, a weird but interesting story, and make simply walking around so much fun.

The network features are incredible, just logging in everyday and knowing my structures have helped thousands of porters traverse the landscape, or knowing structure I half built was completed by some strangers, and best of all the choice selection of tracks that play every now and then as you traverse and soak in the environment.

Just reached the farm, concentrating on standard orders and taking the campaign slow. After the first 2 hours, game just got better and better, lots of mechanics to understand. And so many small details, be it Sam's interaction with BB and other NPC's or just the harsh environment and his present physical/mental state, it feels natural, plus the animations are smooth and seamless too. They've really polished this game to almost perfection. 

I see why the initial reviews were a bit polarized, wonder if the reviewers played the game as it was supposed to, or just finished the main story to give an opinion asap. Coz it feels like you're supposed to take your time to breathe it all in.

Definitely gonna plat this, I bet even the expected grind for some trophies would be fun.

hideo kojima industry icon GIF by The Game Awards

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

For those who have played Directors Cut, have they improved the UI at all ? 

Also have they done anything to remove BT's from the game ? :ranting: