Death Stranding

Big Boss

42 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Game has one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard. The band, Low Roar, I think they’re called- just such folksy laid back music 

Awesome band that I otherwise wouldn't have found out about.

I think this song's my favourite of the lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Game has one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard. The band, Low Roar, I think they’re called- just such folksy laid back music 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I wish there was a way to put on music while walking. The game is so zen except BTs. f**k BTs.

Yeah, there should’ve been an option to turn off BTs, at least after beating the game. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, downloaded this from pc gamepass and played briefly.  Not really my type of game, but decided to give it a try.  The gfx looks insane on pc.

Good/intriguing start, anything else to know before i go further ? I know this has been called the walking sim/cargo delivery sim etc, anything i can do to make it intresting ? Or is the whole game about walking from point a to point b ?

9 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So, downloaded this from pc gamepass and played briefly.  Not really my type of game, but decided to give it a try.  The gfx looks insane on pc.

Good/intriguing start, anything else to know before i go further ? I know this has been called the walking sim/cargo delivery sim etc, anything i can do to make it intresting ? Or is the whole game about walking from point a to point b ?

just do the main quests. You’ll be overloaded with a lot of information / lore in the beginning. main quests are under “Sam’s orders” and have like a golden line on it 

the heart of the game doesn’t change significantly, you go A to B making deliveries .. the roadblocks increase but so does your arsenal 

I plan to buy a used copy for PS4/5 and sell it once done. Dont have ps plus extra and don't plan to upgrade as of now , only have gamepass on xbone .

Is director's cut worth it ? Or is base game sufficient? I plan to play it on PS5 and 60fps , dualsense features is why I'm planning to get the director's cut. 

Please let me know if base game is enough or director's cut:cheers:

35 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I plan to buy a used copy for PS4/5 and sell it once done. Dont have ps plus extra and don't plan to upgrade as of now , only have gamepass on xbone .

Is director's cut worth it ? Or is base game sufficient? I plan to play it on PS5 and 60fps , dualsense features is why I'm planning to get the director's cut. 

Please let me know if base game is enough or director's cut:cheers:

PS5 is only DC I think bro..

10 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Started playing the GP version of this game, it's very wierd, is there any combat?

Also wtf was that repatriation cutscene o_O

In in the second chapter now and yeah the game is indeed weird, but i guess that's one of its USPs.  I'm playing it to see how the story unfolds.... I might love it or hate it by the end, but I've a feeling it's gonna be a unique experience going by the gameplay so far.  I mean, the game literally is a series of fetch quests and the one thing which one would often skip in a open world game (traveling long distances), via fast travel or something, is the core gameplay here .... Kojima is a risk taker, i don't think any other dev would've even greenlighted this !!

So just did the corpse disposal, very disturbing, also what's up with all the marine references in this ? dead crabs, dead whales of some kind, a "Beach" that you go to when you die, spooky all black whales/octopus things of that black liquid like those BT ghosts, are the reasons behind this explained in game?

btw is there anyway to play those songs on demand that you hear in game, like it's from some band called "Low Roar" guess the tracks are custom made for the game.