Death Stranding

Big Boss

On 10/21/2019 at 12:26 AM, supersudh said:

Is it worth getting a PS4 pro for this game? I only got a 24” dell LED monitor though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes imo. The game will definitely have the option of 1080p 60 fps or chequerboard 4K resolution at 30 fps like most of the ps4 exclusives

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Where did you get that? Killzone Shadowfall runs at 60 fps

I have read somewhere when Horizon zero dawn was showing HDR version on PS4 pro on pro announcement, people asked if there will be 60fps version and devs had to say this. 

I have read somewhere when Horizon zero dawn was showing HDR version on PS4 pro on pro announcement, people asked if there will be 60fps version and devs had to say this. 
I doubt thats true. I mean, why would Sony invest in an engine that can't do 60 fps. That is a huge limitation. Killzone runs at 60 fps anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I doubt thats true. I mean, why would Sony invest in an engine that can't do 60 fps. That is a huge limitation. Killzone runs at 60 fps anyway.

Why not, horizon sold better than shadowfall also kojima chose this engine to build their new game upon. I think sony's investment paid off.

Why not, horizon sold better than shadowfall also kojima chose this engine to build their new game upon. I think sony's investment paid off.
I didn't say their investment didn't pay off. I said that there is no way they would invest in an engine which can't even do 60 fps. That is a huge limitation and i don't think that is the case.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:31 AM, adity said:

No. Pro is generally for enhanced resolution and HDR. Very few games have performance improvements. 

Actually all the games on Pro have performance improvement, it just doesn't jump for 30fps to 60 unless it is specifically supported. But games that struggle on base PS4 run perfectly fine on Pro. Especially now at the end of gen where Pro/X are default configs and base consoles are struggle city.

like it or not, kojima is a big name with a very loyal and vocal fanbase. Whether the game ends up being good or not is another question but kojima has massive following and he is one of the few ( if not the only one ) to transcend the gaming-film/tv medium. How many game directors would go on a world tour to promote their game days before release? Don't think anyone would

I'll give you a small example. kojima has around 3.5 million Twitter followers( eng + jpn) which is way way more than his colleagues in the industry. He has 6x -10x more followers than neil druckmann, randy pitchford, phil spencer or anyone really. Even major development teams don't match except rockstar, naughty dog, call of duty etc. So yeah he is an influential figure in the industry. 

True. Kojima is a well renowned figure in the gaming industry. However it does not means that every game he touches is worth of gold.  Can be said for any developer. I remember that the god of horror Shinji Mikami is now struggling to make horror games now with high critical acclaim he got in 90s and 00s. 

So far I have been hearing only good things about it graphics and not the game. Let’s see what the reviews will tell in 5 days time. Even they goes so well, people may not hold the same view considering how different it is from mainstream gaming genres or styles. What do I feel sad is that I would have been looking forward is Silent Hills coming out instead of DS.