Death Stranding

Big Boss

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

Thats one of my major concerns with the game so far...no way to know how many stairs I might be using to climb some mountain looking at the map or other systems in the game. Dont want to be in a situation where I have to walk back-n-forth just because I am carrying one less ladder. Will definitely be playing the game at-least to the half way mark and see how it goes.

Are you playing online. I mean when I played i found plenty of other players ladders and ropes to climb upon. No need to carry lots of PCC everytime. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Are you playing online. I mean when I played i found plenty of other players ladders and ropes to climb upon. No need to carry lots of PCC everytime. 

Yea, playing online. For the mission where we need to go to the incinerator, I found ladders and ropes, but not for the next one. Just some place-marks suggesting where to setup ladder/ropes.

Googled PCC, havnt got any yet. Must be one of the upgrades in the game, I'll get later.

47 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Googled PCC, havnt got any yet. Must be one of the upgrades in the game, I'll get later.

PCC is portable chiral constructor. You need this to construct structures. If you haven't got it yet you've not even passed the prologue. Did you came back from incinerator? 

17 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

If you haven't got it yet you've not even passed the prologue. Did you came back from incinerator? 

Yup, in chapter 2 currently. Wasting just too much time staring at the beautiful vistas :) 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Starting this game now. Anything I should know going in ? This will be my first Kojima game.  :fear:

Go in blind, take your time with the game, enjoy the weirdness.

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

OK this story is super weird. Will it make sense by the end? 

It will. If you like the gameplay then proceed and the story will make sense piece by piece.

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Played for a couple of hours

Yes and no

On 5/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, dylanjosh said:

Starting this game now. Anything I should know going in ? This will be my first Kojima game.  :fear:

MGSV must play game and arguably the best Kojima game no matter what people say.

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

MGSV must play game and arguably the best Kojima game no matter what people say.

MGSV is nowhere near his best game

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Played for a couple of hours

Gameplay is interesting and unique. 

Menu's are a bit annoying

Menus you’ll get used too. 

gameplay evolves with time as you unlock a bunch of stuff

story is great and it wraps up everything nicely and the ending is very emotional. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Menus you’ll get used too. 

gameplay evolves with time as you unlock a bunch of stuff

story is great and it wraps up everything nicely and the ending is very emotional. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

No, despite the end cutscene being more than 2 hours long and trying to explain everything.

200.gif

Reached Port Knot City yesterday and did the BT boss fight. Think I'm nearing the end of chapter 2. 

Impressions / Questions till now:

1. Getting the bike was a god-send but I can't find where the garage is. Does it become available later or am I just missing it? 

2. I like using the Bike because I can carry more things + get to locations faster. But what happens if I encounter BT's? Do I have to abondon the bike and whatever is loaded on it? 

3. Avoiding BT's is kind of tedious. Any tips? Seems like a better option is to trigger the mini boss thing and defeat it. I get to keep my bike that way too. 

4. I'm assuming this game doesn't have fast travel in any form? Since traversing is the main element of the game. 

5. Is it recommended to do all the orders? Some of the back-and-forth is annoying. Especially when its a out-of-the-way place like that wind farm. 

- Love the feeling the game gives when you finally make it to a new settlement. How, when you're making your way there you can't see any structures and have to depend on yourself, then when you connect it to the network, the map graphics, the sound and seeing all the structures from other players and signs in the world makes you feel so rewarded. 

- Creating new grenades everytime Sam takes a piss or sh*t is funny as f**k :lol: 

Edited by dylanjosh