Death Stranding

Big Boss

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Planning to start this (directors cut).. seems very divisive. Any updated views ? People seem to retroactively start liking things so just wondering how this has aged?

Just give it time, don't give up on it until you reach the 2nd area. 

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Planning to start this (directors cut).. seems very divisive. Any updated views ? People seem to retroactively start liking things so just wondering how this has aged?

Based on what I have read, you either love it or hate it with a passion. 

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

https://www.gameawards.net/2020/09/2019.html

If your're willing to go all in on the crazy kojima train, then you'll love it or else you'll hate it.

If you decide to play it, i'll see you on the road

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

It's a strand type game. 

49 minutes ago, Azathoth said:

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Vamos said:

The only dunkview I disagree with. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He revised it after playing it again

• Like 1

It's not about Kojima but about the game itself. He has made something unique which hooked me up. I've never played any Kojima game before this. I didn't even knew why people called him a legend before this game. 

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

It's not about Kojima but about the game itself. He has made something unique which hooked me up. I've never played any Kojima game before this. I didn't even knew why people called him a legend before this game. 

The first time experience playing this is truly unique :majesty:

The use of music and storytelling and the ability to even make a barren world so interesting.. 

The art direction is next level. 

16 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

8 minutes ago, Vamos said:

The first time experience playing this is truly unique :majesty:

The use of music and storytelling and the ability to even make a barren world so interesting.. 

The art direction is next level. 

hideo kojima industry icon GIF by The Game Awards

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

The only dunkview I disagree with. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He revised it after playing it again

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Here’s my hard truth 

I think I’ll never try DS ever and will be irrationally derisive of it 

because I think the 1st dunkey video about DS has given me sooooo much enjoyment and laughter and happiness that I can’t actually really play DS 1st hand and create any doubt in my mind about the validity of the 1st DS dunkey video 

For me, DS served its purpose of being created fully by enabling dunkey to create a video which I will be enjoying for several years 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Death Stranding is Kojima's best work.

And a masterpiece!

I really love Death Stranding, but it comes nowhere close to being as good as MGS3 which remains Kojima's best work IMHO.

It was an all around fantastic package with an amazing story and characters and some of the best boss battles ever. These are areas in which DS is utterly lacking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Had held off since it looked meh. Played the DC recently. Just don't rush, breathe it in, it's up there with some of Kojima's best works. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I really love Death Stranding, but it comes nowhere close to being as good as MGS3 which remains Kojima's best work IMHO.

It was an all around fantastic package with an amazing story and characters and some of the best boss battles ever. These are areas in which DS is utterly lacking.

Didn't have chance to enjoy MGS3... Didn't have ps2, ps3.

1 hour ago, Azathoth said:

Here’s my hard truth 

I think I’ll never try DS ever and will be irrationally derisive of it 

because I think the 1st dunkey video about DS has given me sooooo much enjoyment and laughter and happiness that I can’t actually really play DS 1st hand and create any doubt in my mind about the validity of the 1st DS dunkey video 

For me, DS served its purpose of being created fully by enabling dunkey to create a video which I will be enjoying for several years 

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

While MGS3 was amazing, for me it was MGS2. The themes and meta commentary  in that game was insane to think about when it released, but now makes so much sense when you look back

• Like 1

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I am with you on this. Playing MGS3 for the first time was a heavenly experience, one that can't be replicated. 

14 hours ago, Snake said:

While MGS3 was amazing, for me it was MGS2. The themes and meta commentary  in that game was insane to think about when it released, but now makes so much sense when you look back

MGS2 was rich in theme and subtexts but it went a bit overboard in my opinion but still close to MGS3.

• Like 1