Jump to content

Death Stranding


Big Boss
 Share

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I used to think that maybe, just maybe Kojima is a lil overrated. Never again, only he can turn a cargo delivery simulator into a fully fledged game with a unique world, a weird but interesting story, and make simply walking around so much fun.

 

The network features are incredible, just logging in everyday and knowing my structures have helped thousands of porters traverse the landscape, or knowing structure I half built was completed by some strangers, and best of all the choice selection of tracks that play every now and then as you traverse and soak in the environment.

 

Just reached the farm, concentrating on standard orders and taking the campaign slow. After the first 2 hours, game just got better and better, lots of mechanics to understand. And so many small details, be it Sam's interaction with BB and other NPC's or just the harsh environment and his present physical/mental state, it feels natural, plus the animations are smooth and seamless too. They've really polished this game to almost perfection. 

 

I see why the initial reviews were a bit polarized, wonder if the reviewers played the game as it was supposed to, or just finished the main story to give an opinion asap. Coz it feels like you're supposed to take your time to breathe it all in.

 

Definitely gonna plat this, I bet even the expected grind for some trophies would be fun.


hideo kojima industry icon GIF by The Game Awards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

For those who have played Directors Cut, have they improved the UI at all ? 

 

Also have they done anything to remove BT's from the game ? :ranting:

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

 

 

The video has spoilers so I didn't watch 

 

  1. New graphics options such as fidelity, performance and ultrawide modes.
  2. Monster Energy has been replaced.
  3. Dualsense Support; terrain and cargo load impact triggers/vibrations.
  4. New combat abilities drop kicking, knee kick, etc. also enemies using turrets.
  5. New equippable items gun that shoots lightning, new leg brace, etc.
  6. Firing range to test weapons and compete with other players via rankings.
  7. New vehicle; the Roadster, mostly used for racing/clear roads
  8. Race track built near Timefall farm, can test vehicles and compete with ranked times.
  9. New buildable structures cargo catapult, jump ramp, chiral bridge.
  10. New missions take place inside a new area called the Ruined Factory.
  11. Buddy bots that can be customized and tag along during missions.
  12. New cosmetics change Sam and BB's color schemes, customize backpack with patches.
  13. Replay boss fights.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

For those who have played Directors Cut, have they improved the UI at all ? 

 

Also have they done anything to remove BT's from the game ? :ranting:

 

 

 

What's wrong with the UI? Seems perfectly fine to me. 

Anyways, I think DC content is largely insubstantial. The extra structures aren't that useful except maybe jump ramp. The firing range, etc are just side activities and not that special. I doubt anyone on PC is missing out on much if they've already played the game.

Although for newcomers there are a bunch of QoL stuff like the electricity gun and support skeleton unlocking early which helps a ton. There are also some changes like floating carriers being able to travel zip lines which I think wasn't possible in base game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's wrong with the UI?

 

Just so many menus. Many clicks required to do actions. I remember rolling my eyes everytime I reached i finished a courier and having to button mash through to continue playing. 

Edited by dylanjosh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

 

Just so many menus. Many clicks required to do actions. I remember rolling my eyes everytime I reached i finished a courier and having to button mash through to continue playing. 


I think there’s an option to skip all that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

 

Just so many menus. Many clicks required to do actions. I remember rolling my eyes everytime I reached i finished a courier and having to button mash through to continue playing. 

 

13 minutes ago, Snake said:


I think there’s an option to skip all that

Yep, R1 to skip.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Started this without knowing what I am going to get into. Just read everywhere that it's a walking simulator with not much gameplay. Honestly, not far from the truth - the game is very chill and for some reason it's very enjoyable. The first 3 hrs I was like let's just get through the main story and be done with it. But 10 hrs in and I am enjoying it. It's the perfect game to kick back relax and down a couple of beers while you take in the amazing scenery and deliver a pizza to one of the distribution centres. The story is okay won't comment much on it as I am not even half way through and will definitely be spending a lot of time on this game. Good stuff. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Started this without knowing what I am going to get into. Just read everywhere that it's a walking simulator with not much gameplay. Honestly, not far from the truth - the game is very chill and for some reason it's very enjoyable. The first 3 hrs I was like let's just get through the main story and be done with it. But 10 hrs in and I am enjoying it. It's the perfect game to kick back relax and down a couple of beers while you take in the amazing scenery and deliver a pizza to one of the distribution centres. The story is okay won't comment much on it as I am not even half way through and will definitely be spending a lot of time on this game. Good stuff. 


Keep on Keeping on

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Just ended this! Beautiful experience, except for the BTs :furious:

The story was alright, and Lou is a champ :D

 

Is there a way to see the no. of hours played?

Yea, somewhere in log menu and in your activity log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Just ended this! Beautiful experience, except for the BTs :furious:

The story was alright, and Lou is a champ :D

 

Is there a way to see the no. of hours played?


did u get the oxygen mask??

Try using that in BT areas

 

 

Hours played will be in your stats page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 12:15 AM, Snake said:


did u get the oxygen mask??

Try using that in BT areas

 

 

Hours played will be in your stats page

Oh I did, but only used when Lou wasn't around. 

Also, I mostly played with lower difficulty levels, so it was mostly very easy to face them. But the problem with BTs are it basically breaks the flow. Just when I hit the stride and get into a zen mode, they come in and ruin the calm.

 

But I guess it was necessary to have that bit of variety in the gameplay, or else it would've just been a pure delivery simulator 😁

Edited by Ram Dante
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...