Death Stranding

Big Boss

Good they let you use the trike early in-game, it's a life saver( dunno how it fares against BTs though ) but it makes going from the wind farm's forest/cliffs area to the distro center very easy.

also for the "standard orders" what rewards do you get? i think for resource like metals you get the full amount.

btw when do we unlock the poo-poo grenade? :rofl:

there is a grenade but it's made up of some blue fluid, distilled from sam's body fluids apparently.

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Good they let you use the trike early in-game, it's a life saver( dunno how it fares against BTs though ) but it makes going from the wind farm's forest/cliffs area to the distro center very easy.

also for the "standard orders" what rewards do you get? i think for resource like metals you get the full amount.

btw when do we unlock the poo-poo grenade? :rofl:

there is a grenade but it's made up of some blue fluid, distilled from sam's body fluids apparently.

You can’t take vehicles in BT areas, they’ll reboot on entry but if you drive into the BR area they’ll swarm the vehicle 

Standard orders give mats iirc

poo-pee grenade unlocks soon. Bath water nade is blue with poo-pee grenade is orange/yellow 

keep playing, till then Keep On Keeping On….

41 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Technically, you can drive through BT areas, it's quite risky. If you don't manage to get off the tar before the hands grab you, you're done for. 

But then you risk losing the vehicle and damaging the cargo 

34 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Best thing to do about BT's is just trigger the mini boss. Fastest and most fun way to get rid of them.  Sneaking around is a PITA. 

Not really, just get the mask upgrade, then just walk in and walk out

13 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Technically, you can drive through BT areas, it's quite risky. If you don't manage to get off the tar before the hands grab you, you're done for. 

13 hours ago, Snake said:

You can’t take vehicles in BT areas, they’ll reboot on entry but if you drive into the BR area they’ll swarm the vehicle 

Standard orders give mats iirc

poo-pee grenade unlocks soon. Bath water nade is blue with poo-pee grenade is orange/yellow 

keep playing, till then Keep On Keeping On….

13 hours ago, gecko89 said:

12 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Best thing to do about BT's is just trigger the mini boss. Fastest and most fun way to get rid of them.  Sneaking around is a PITA. 

Actually happened to me, everything the cargo getting damaged, bike getting damaged and then one of the BTs dragged me to the "catcher" boss with the whale body and tentacle face

had enough of this bullshit with it's over 90000 million sq long black goo field, tossed those hematic grenades at the whale-tentacle thing out of sheer rage, it died in like 6 grenade throws.

This was the first time aside from the scripted event where i got grabbed by the BTs, otherwise I manage to get out.

I now carry 4x of those hematic grenades, each has like 5 grenades so I have around 20 for "emergencies" like this.

Also it's 100% some time manipulation sh*t going on, the black goo produces streetlights and buildings, the rain causes people to age and metal to corrode, the BTs cause plants to grow and die extremely fast.

I also unlocked the pee-pee grenade accidentally by taking a piss.

I'm still in chapter 2/order 8 i think.  The inventory system is really bad.  I failed an order because i forgot to press some button after putting that chiral print interface into my inventory.  I thought all was well, went back only to find it was not added and had to redo the order :-/

It's good game to chill out though, except when Sam is going thru bt areas, those sections suck.

BTW, found a vehicle in one of the distribution centers, but it says it's not charged, where to charge it ?

Edited by Ne0

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I'm still in chapter 2/order 8 i think.  The inventory system is really bad.  I failed an order because i forgot to press some button after putting that chiral print interface into my inventory.  I thought all was well, went back only to find it was not added and had to redo the order :-/

It's good game to chill out though, except when Sam is going thru bt areas, those sections suck.

BTW, found a vehicle in one of the distribution centers, but it says it's not charged, where to charge it ?

In one of the future orders in chapter 2 itself( it's the wind farm one i think ) you will unlock designs for generator

then you have to use a PCC and build generator close to the bike, it will then charge up and be ready to use.

btw keep powering through to chapter 3, half-way through it gets good, you get a powered exoskeleton for legs that lets you carry more loads, a boa gun to non lethally disable human enemies( MULES ), designs for the trike and proper roads that can be built

On 9/5/2022 at 12:48 PM, PhantomShade said:

In one of the future orders in chapter 2 itself( it's the wind farm one i think ) you will unlock designs for generator

then you have to use a PCC and build generator close to the bike, it will then charge up and be ready to use.

btw keep powering through to chapter 3, half-way through it gets good, you get a powered exoskeleton for legs that lets you carry more loads, a boa gun to non lethally disable human enemies( MULES ), designs for the trike and proper roads that can be built

I legit spent hours over a whole week building the roads while listening to podcast. made later game so much easy to travel and missions became a breeze. It might feel like a chore but do spend some time building roads. 

36 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

I legit spent hours over a whole week building the roads while listening to podcast. made later game so much easy to travel and missions became a breeze. It might feel like a chore but do spend some time building roads. 

Roads involve investing a lot of Metals, Chiral Crystals and Ceramics which have a lot of weight. I always take delivery items + 2 ladders + 1 anchor + 2-3 container repair spray and all of these take enough weight already. I carry a PCC to install a generator whenever I need one to charge bike. 

Rushing through main story for now to unlock gadgets and sh*t to make side missions easier when I do that. 

Game is fun and the fact that I am playing it on XBOX Game Pass makes it infinitely value for money.

Edited by eddy4823

On 9/4/2022 at 1:14 AM, dylanjosh said:

I managed to sneak around a part where it was necessary to fight. I equip Sandalwood slippers and that makes sneaking easy. It's damn slow and damages cargo due to rain but this is why I carry Container Sprays. 

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Roads involve investing a lot of Metals, Chiral Crystals and Ceramics which have a lot of weight. I always take delivery items + 2 ladders + 1 anchor + 2-3 container repair spray and all of these take enough weight already. I carry a PCC to install a generator whenever I need one to charge bike. 

Even bridges, i took a pcc and went in that bike, tried building a bridge across a river to conserve charge, only to find out that the bridge couldn't be completed due to lack of metals.  

This seems quite a long game, how long does it take to finish ?

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

I managed to sneak around a part where it was necessary to fight. I equip Sandalwood slippers and that makes sneaking easy. It's damn slow and damages cargo due to rain but this is why I carry Container Sprays. 

the backpack cover does help a lot in such cases

43 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Even bridges, i took a pcc and went in that bike, tried building a bridge across a river to conserve charge, only to find out that the bridge couldn't be completed due to lack of metals.  

This seems quite a long game, how long does it take to finish ?

Took me about 55 hrs and I didn't do any side quests or much of building, except zip lines.

Ok, looks like now I'm slowly catching the rhythm of the game, still in chapter 2, but able to navigate around the terrain on the bike, escaped the mules and so on.  Also after i discovered that Sam can offload his load on back to the bike, it's been quite a relief :D

Edited by Ne0