Death Stranding

Big Boss

3 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Ok, looks like now I'm slowly catching the rhythm of the game, still in chapter 2, but able to navigate around the terrain on the bike, escaped the mules and so on.  Also after i discovered that Sam can offload his load on back to the bike, it's been quite a relief :D

you’ll get new and improved trikes and trucks…so keep at it

Just did the whole quest chain over a certain a**hole who's salty about his girlfriend "dying" in Chapter 3.

Sent me to that absolutely cancerous area infested with BTs, it has perma timefall, and I had to fight the tentacle-lion catcher boss and his stupid laser, took my entire stock of 3x hematic grenade cases to kill, wiped the map of BTs but then i had to run around getting the nerds 110 kg of precious old components, that reset the timer and once i got on my trike the BTs spawned AGAIN so I had to leave my precious trike and proceed on foot to the nerd's shelter.

Then again give his girlfriend her hourglass, get the girlfriend back( I felt like SSR from the one film where he carries folks on his back in the one pilgrimage site in Uttarakhand ) :rofl:

The only good parts of this was the speed exoskeleton you get and the anti-BT gun, along with the little cutscene with the two lovebirds, I guess the only 2 civilians you find in the flesh out in the wild, even if it's just a cutscene.

8 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Roads involve investing a lot of Metals, Chiral Crystals and Ceramics which have a lot of weight. I always take delivery items + 2 ladders + 1 anchor + 2-3 container repair spray and all of these take enough weight already. I carry a PCC to install a generator whenever I need one to charge bike. 

Rushing through main story for now to unlock gadgets and sh*t to make side missions easier when I do that. 

Game is fun and the fact that I am playing it on XBOX Game Pass makes it infinitely value for money.

In chapter 3 central region you can raid the MULE lockers, they usualy have around 800 ceramics or metals in between them usually, or grab stuff from their camp too, then you can load your haul into one of their own trucks and scoot :rofl:

Or load it onto your back and get into the trusty trike atleast that's what I do

9 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Roads involve investing a lot of Metals, Chiral Crystals and Ceramics which have a lot of weight. I always take delivery items + 2 ladders + 1 anchor + 2-3 container repair spray and all of these take enough weight already. I carry a PCC to install a generator whenever I need one to charge bike. 

Rushing through main story for now to unlock gadgets and sh*t to make side missions easier when I do that. 

Game is fun and the fact that I am playing it on XBOX Game Pass makes it infinitely value for money.

Once you get good and get few upgrades, you will do what I did to farm materials. I used to go to BT infested areas to let small BTs to capture me so that I can kill the monster BTs to farm. Best way to farm :rofl:

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Just did the whole quest chain over a certain a**hole who's salty about his girlfriend "dying" in Chapter 3.

Sent me to that absolutely cancerous area infested with BTs, it has perma timefall, and I had to fight the tentacle-lion catcher boss and his stupid laser, took my entire stock of 3x hematic grenade cases to kill, wiped the map of BTs but then i had to run around getting the nerds 110 kg of precious old components, that reset the timer and once i got on my trike the BTs spawned AGAIN so I had to leave my precious trike and proceed on foot to the nerd's shelter.

Then again give his girlfriend her hourglass, get the girlfriend back( I felt like SSR from the one film where he carries folks on his back in the one pilgrimage site in Uttarakhand ) :rofl:

The only good parts of this was the speed exoskeleton you get and the anti-BT gun, along with the little cutscene with the two lovebirds, I guess the only 2 civilians you find in the flesh out in the wild, even if it's just a cutscene.

I have so far successfully avoided all BT interactions. (apart from the part where game leaves you no other option but to fight them and is part of story). 

Make sure you read the email sent to you by the girl who was carried by you. (In Chapter 5 of the game). Reply to my comment here when you do.  

I'm in the middle of chapter 3 now i guess? Sam got order 27.  I thought the game would've become monotonous by now, but surprised that it's managed to keep me engaged so far.  Also, I think in chapter 3 the mules are a bigger nuisance than the bt's :-/. The story is still very intriguing though and is there main reason I'm pushing on.

Also, this is nothing like any of the games I've played so far.... glad someone is making different kind of games and not just making the same old mass entertainment / sequels stuff.  So glad gamepass has this, else would've easily missed this one!

BTW, are the private lockers in the game region locked ? As in, the stuff that Sam keeps stays only in that location ? 

14 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I'm in the middle of chapter 3 now i guess? Sam got order 27.  I thought the game would've become monotonous by now, but surprised that it's managed to keep me engaged so far.  Also, I think in chapter 3 the mules are a bigger nuisance than the bt's :-/. The story is still very intriguing though and is there main reason I'm pushing on.

Also, this is nothing like any of the games I've played so far.... glad someone is making different kind of games and not just making the same old mass entertainment / sequels stuff.  So glad gamepass has this, else would've easily missed this one!

BTW, are the private lockers in the game region locked ? As in, the stuff that Sam keeps stays only in that location ? 

Yes, the stuff you put in private locker is locked to that location only, i mean think about it, if you could put stuff in private locker in place A, and then take it out from locker in place B, whats the point of the game :P

MULEs are a pain, then you get the bola gun which one shot knocks them out, and later early in chapter 5 you get the non lethal assault rifle, if you want to avoid them just use the trike at full speed, they can't catch you, if you want to loot their postboxes bring a truck and shoot all of them with bola gun or non lethal AR, then loot, load into truck and drive into the sunset.

Anyway i'm very dissapointed with the Anti BT gun, grenades are much more effective, doesn't even kill those floating BTs in one shot.

Edited by PhantomShade

So I delivered the cargo to Mountain Knot City, Lockne tells me to f**k off and doesn't link the Chiral Network, and I have nothing, no vehicle, battery drained from both my power and speed exoskeletons and just the weapons, decided "f**k it" and scaled the mountain in between Mountain Knot and the Weather Station, since the next objective is to get to Mama's Lab, 10/10, best experience, will do again.

Also floating carrier is a life saver, it can carry so much, otherwise i'd be falling over all the time :rofl:

Is there any list of the preppers or whatever in the mountain region? love the mountains, it's an actual good on-foot experience, you just need the good equipment I guess, the all terrain skeleton + 2 x floating carriers.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Finally in Chapter 6 now, whole chapter is dedicated to preppers in mountains, just died after falling from a cliff with cargo :/

How did you fall?

Ram out if stamina ir tripped and fell

22 hours ago, Snake said:

How did you fall?

Ram out if stamina ir tripped and fell

Was on a cliff, tripped over and fell, this is with All Terrain exoskeleton, later I tried the same thing but was crouched and had both triggers held down instead of just walking, there was a rope put by someone so took that down the rest of the way

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Was on a cliff, tripped over and fell, this is with All Terrain exoskeleton, later I tried the same thing but was crouched and had both triggers held down instead of just walking, there was a rope put by someone so took that down the rest of the way

wait, you don’t carry a pylon rope pack?

30 minutes ago, Snake said:

wait, you don’t carry a pylon rope pack?

I had, but I thought it's just one rope,  so why waste it TIL it has 3 ropes per "package" like how you have 5 grenades in one package :rofl:

btw the route I was following was from the Roboticist to Mountain City, passing through the area around Heartman/Heart shaped lake because i don't have the BB anymore

I also found out today that you don't need to even kill the big catcher BT, just get out of it's magic tar zone and the area clears up, no BTs :rofl:

For a while that is :fear:

28 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I had, but I thought it's just one rope,  so why waste it TIL it has 3 ropes per "package" like how you have 5 grenades in one package :rofl:

:roflroll: