Death Stranding

Big Boss

On Chapter 11 now, literally walked from tar belt all the way to the distribution center west of south knot city, then got on a bike and took the road.

This is perhaps the only game I feel I should have played  completely spoiler free, like i've been spoiled about certain plot points here and there.

Also :rofl: @ thiccman theorizing that Cliff Unger is the one behind the whole Last Stranding scheme, it's literally obvious that the guy's crazy, always screams about wanting his BB back and all, doesn't seem in his senses, and the flashbacks you get show him to be a good guy.

It's 100% amelie and her mom's scheme, idk why they would want to end the world though.

Edited by PhantomShade

13 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

On Chapter 11 now, literally walked from tar belt all the way to the distribution center west of south knot city, then got on a bike and took the road.

This is perhaps the only game I feel I should have played  completely spoiler free, like i've been spoiled about certain plot points here and there.

Also :rofl: @ thiccman theorizing that Cliff Unger is the one behind the whole Last Stranding scheme, it's literally obvious that the guy's crazy, always screams about wanting his BB back and all, doesn't seem in his senses, and the flashbacks you get show him to be a good guy.

It's 100% amelie and her mom's scheme, idk why they would want to end the world though.

Just when you think the game is over, it won't be over. And all of the plot you have seen will make complete sense. Prepare for the mind to be blown.

After being done with the Story. I still go back to this game. Play for 30-40 mins. Do 1 or 2 missions and lay down roads and ziplines. It's satisfying and a very relaxing game.

Edited by eddy4823

On 9/20/2022 at 12:12 PM, eddy4823 said:

Just when you think the game is over, it won't be over. And all of the plot you have seen will make complete sense. Prepare for the mind to be blown.

After being done with the Story. I still go back to this game. Play for 30-40 mins. Do 1 or 2 missions and lay down roads and ziplines. It's satisfying and a very relaxing game.

Finished the game , mind blown, pity they had to keep all questions regarding the plot for last 2-3 hours of cutscenes/gameplay

Also too much feels in the cutscenes for the very last order :cry:

I'm relieved though that there was a happy ending, wonder how they'll take on our EE in the future considering bullets don't work on her, and since the Last Stranding is "inevitable"

This is one game that should be played totally blind and without any spoilers, totally worth it, and as a game it's unique, one of a kind, you may or may not like it, but you don't get AAA games like this.

Also Cliff is legit the best char of the game.

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Finished the game , mind blown, pity they had to keep all questions regarding the plot for last 2-3 hours of cutscenes/gameplay

I'm relieved though that there was a happy ending, wonder how they'll take on our EE in the future considering bullets don't work on her, and since the Last Stranding is "inevitable"

This is one game that should be played totally blind and without any spoilers, totally worth it, and as a game it's unique, one of a kind, you may or may not like it, but you don't get AAA games like this.

People who tag this game as Walking Sim should face BTs with Grenade Launcher and Hematic Nades. and face MULEs with Bola Gun. Combat is fun as hell. 

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

hideo kojima industry icon GIF by The Game Awards

• 4 weeks later...

Ok finally gave up on the game, i was in that mountain chapter.  The game might've had a decent story in there somewhere and i just played along for the sake of understanding what's going on.  But the repetitive gameplay was just too much to actually continue playing.  Every BT encounter felt the same, every mule encounter felt the same and lot of time time spent in trekking across for little to no significant reward, except unlocking cut scenes which further the story.

The online aspect of world sharing was done well, maybe even better than soulsborne games, the cut scenes and gfx was awesome too, but alas the gameplay is so repetitive, it just couldn't hold my interest.  If there's a sequel, hope they consider overhauling the gameplay to make it more interesting !

• 2 weeks later...