PS4 turns itself off abruptly

gecko89

Hi All ,

I am new to IVG as a member but have visited this forum many a times in search of solutions. I have an issue for which i need some advice. This will prolly be a ittle long, here it goes:

I recently got a PS4 from Dubai (CUH-1216B), its a 1 TB Uncharted Limited Edition. My friend got it last week, however due to baggage weight limitations he had to ditch the box and get all the stuff separately. Also, he left the receipt for payment in Dubai :doh: . He got the Warranty card but its blank :wallbash: . Fast forward, i get my hands on the PS4, do all the setup and start playing U4, 2 days later the console just switches off while playing. No beeps, no lights, no error messages, just switch off, as if there was a power cut. I try switching on and it doesn't respond, it blinks blue but doesn't start. I start freaking out. I unplug all cords and let it rest for a few minutes, then try again and it switches on. Relieved i switch it off and go to sleep. The next day it happens again, but this time it switches off by itself after start screen while loading the stage. So, i do a quick initialize and i am able to play again.

I have a few questions, just in case it happens again :helpsmilie: :

1. Has anyone here encountered this issue, if yes, have you resolved it and how ?

2. I understand Dubai (PAL region) PS4 gets partial warranty from Sony India, i.e. i get 50% off on new PS4. Will Sony honor this partial warranty if i don not have the receipt of payment ?

3. Another option is to get it repaired at Meesh Games in Bangalore. They've got an impressive rating for console repairs including PS4's, i enquired regarding my issue and they suggested i get the console to their store for check up. If they open up the console and warranty seal is broken, will my Sony partial warranty be void ?

4. If a PS4 bought in India exhausts its 1 year warranty, it can also be replaced with a new one for 50% price. So, i should also be eligible for partial warranty even if the warranty seal is broken in my PS4 right ?

Thanks and Regards.

It seems like a power supply issue... Try to get it inspected from the repair center you have mentioned, and if they confirm its a power supply issue, you could save on the costs by purchasing the power supply from aliexpress...

2.Yes make up something creative

3.Warranty is void unless they can re apply the sticker

4.No

Thank you, it seems to be working fine for now, did not auto shutdown after that quick initialize :)

It seems like a power supply issue... Try to get it inspected from the repair center you have mentioned, and if they confirm its a power supply issue, you could save on the costs by purchasing the power supply from aliexpress...

Ahh . . Meesh Games were providing PSU for 4,500 /- , Aliexpress seems be a lot cheaper including shipping. Will definitely consider if the issue returns, Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, it seems to be working fine for now, did not auto shutdown after that quick initialize :)

Ahh . . Meesh Games were providing PSU for 4,500 /- , Aliexpress seems be a lot cheaper including shipping. Will definitely consider if the issue returns, Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

Might attract customs duty as well while buying feon ali express

Might attract customs duty as well while buying feon ali express

When I got the PSU from aliexpress it was about 2 - 2.5k. Didnt get hit with customs.

Thank you, i'll keep that it mind. For now though PS4 seems to be functioning properly. Finished U4 and currently playing MGS5, no auto shutdowns so far :)

Archived