Batman - The Telltale Series

Heaven Angel

What started as a fresh take on the Batman lore turned into something very straight forward, generic and disappointing by the end. I know people really like the conflicting choices that the series presented in each episode but after playing to the end, they feel somewhat of a gimmick in the grand scheme of the story.

The best episodes of this Telltale series are the first 2, when you didn't know how the writers are going to twist the well established Batman backstory. After that all the pieces started falling in places you would expect out of a super hero tale. Also, (SPOILERS)

the fact that Thomas Wayne was corrupt ended up being used as a crutch. He wronged Cobblepot and Vicki's parents so both turned villians. That was disappointing.

Overall I would give the series 7/10.

• 1 month later...

A very disappointing end to the series. The first three episodes is all that was worth playing.

What started as a fresh take on the Batman lore turned into something very straight forward, generic and disappointing by the end. I know people really like the conflicting choices that the series presented in each episode but after playing to the end, they feel somewhat of a gimmick in the grand scheme of the story.

The best episodes of this Telltale series are the first 2, when you didn't know how the writers are going to twist the well established Batman backstory. After that all the pieces started falling in places you would expect out of a super hero tale. Also, (SPOILERS)

the fact that Thomas Wayne was corrupt ended up being used as a crutch. He wronged Cobblepot and Vicki's parents so both turned villians. That was disappointing.

Overall I would give the series 7/10.

Even worse than TellTale Game of Thrones?

• 5 months later...

Man, iam really enjoying this interactive experience by Teltale.. Story and voice acting both are fantastic.  :majesty: Only played till Episode 2. Really loving it so far.

How come that Troy baker is so good in every game? :blink:. Same goes for Laura Bailey as Catwoman...Both are just amazing. :majesty:

Edited by WhiteWolf

On 17/12/2016 at 6:02 PM, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

A very disappointing end to the series. The first three episodes is all that was worth playing.

it was okay not that bad,

On 19/01/2017 at 7:45 PM, joken732a said:

not even close to how bad telltale GOT was..

Tales from Borderlands is  still the best one they made yet :good:

Completed Season 1. I really enjoyed it. Episode 4 and 5 were little weak compared to first 3 but overall i really liked story and the performance by all the actors. Way better than recent DCU movies imo.. It's easily my favorite Teltale game after WD Season 1..

4.5/5 :good:

Also Troy Baker was amazing as Batman.. :majesty:

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is free for PS Plus members right now, just finished all 5 episodes. REALLY loved the experience overall, easily in my top 3 telltale games after TWAU and Tales From Borderlands. I think its one of the best batman stories in gaming tbh. Man, playing their games once all the episodes are out is so much better. I was playing GoT episodes as they were releasing, was easily the shittiest telltale experience ever :P

Anyone played enemy within ? 3 episodes are out, 4th will be out in Jan. I'll buy it once all 5 are out. They should make TWAU S2 now, f**k GoT altogether. 

Is free for PS Plus members right now, just finished all 5 episodes. REALLY loved the experience overall, easily in my top 3 telltale games after TWAU and Tales From Borderlands. I think its one of the best batman stories in gaming tbh. Man, playing their games once all the episodes are out is so much better. I was playing GoT episodes as they were releasing, was easily the shittiest telltale experience ever [emoji14]

Anyone played enemy within ? 3 episodes are out, 4th will be out in Jan. I'll buy it once all 5 are out. They should make TWAU S2 now, f**k GoT altogether. 

where have you been bro..? twau season 2 is already announced..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

To take a break from GOW, I started and finished this in couple of days :P it was mediocre to say the least. Anyone played the second season? is it worth getting or is same as season 1?

On 6/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, b!T said:

To take a break from GOW, I started and finished this in couple of days :P it was mediocre to say the least. Anyone played the second season? is it worth getting or is same as season 1?

Second season is definitely better than the first. However, the whole "choices matter" concept goes out the window and this new system of failing QTE's having no effect just allows the game to play by itself. This is really starting to get annoying with each passing game along with their aging engine. 

As for the game itself, it focuses more on the Batman/John Doe aspect and the formation of Joker as a whole. It does bring out some interesting turn of events, but I still feel it lacks something or may be Batman games just aren't meant to be played this way. Worth a shot though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Second season is definitely better than the first. However, the whole "choices matter" concept goes out the window and this new system of failing QTE's having no effect just allows the game to play by itself. This is really starting to get annoying with each passing game along with their aging engine. 

As for the game itself, it focuses more on the Batman/John Doe aspect and the formation of Joker as a whole. It does bring out some interesting turn of events, but I still feel it lacks something or may be Batman games just aren't meant to be played this way. Worth a shot though. 

Hmmm, will add it to my list and get it if it goes super cheap.

• 1 year later...