Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Nintendo can make damn good portable games ....so say even if people not enjoying console games that can get portable games.

I think this will be very huge....infact so huge that ps4 and xbox1 will face big impact in their sales....

:rofl:

No.

Nintendo can make damn good portable games ....so say even if people not enjoying console games that can get portable games.

I think this will be very huge....infact so huge that ps4 and xbox1 will face big impact in their sales....

I dont think so. Its almost guaranteed to be marketed at a different audience. I mean it might sell VERY well but its not gonna eat a chunk out of the FIFA/COD/BF audience. Those guys arent gonna bother with this (even comments in this thread is a good example of that).

Then there is third party support. I would downright shocked if it gets more than 10-20% current gen third party games, simply because I doubt a portable system is capable of running those games, no matter how well Nintendo rebuild their bridges. I mean its telling when they show off Skyrim instead of Fallout 4.

But yeah, this being a 3DS successor is definitely more exciting if you are a Nintendo fan. Getting games from two Nintendo systems in one place is pretty huge. Not just because it means more games for you but because all their teams can now focus on one HW instead of being split between the 3DS and WiiU.

Edited by Aftrunner

Dude...i will make you read your post when time comes ........this i am saying will be huge success just because of one thing...3ds+ console thing.

No one can fight that....every 2nd month some great game will be coming out for it.

And I will make you read this post

It will carve out its own install base or double up with home consoles like how people owned PS360 with a DS back in the day. All depends upon the price though, like always.

Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, max 2GHz

NVidia second-generation Maxwell architecture

256 CUDA cores, max 1 GHz, 1024 FLOPS/cycle

4GB RAM (25.6 GB/s, VRAM shared)

32 GB storage (Max transfer 400 MB/s)

USB 2.0 & 3.0

1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD

1080p at 60 fps or 4k at 30 fps max video output

Capcitance method, 10-point multi-touch

If you are waiting for specs, then this is definitely not for you. :P

I am not expecting it to be on the same level as current-gen consoles in terms of specs. Just curious to know if it is capable enough to get a long-term support from third-party developers (games exclusively made for Nintendo Switch, timed or whatever). That was the actual intention of my post.

USB 2.0 & 3.0

1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/789116886109655041

That sounds really weak if true.

Multiplats are a no then. Same like wii u.

USB 2.0 & 3.0

1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD

How does it compare to Wii U?

If you are waiting for specs, then this is definitely not for you. :P

Actually because it's releasing mid-generation, it is likely to be more powerful that the PS4 and XBox One. But by the time PS5 releases whis will be far behind.

I am not expecting it to be on the same level as current-gen consoles in terms of specs. Just curious to know if it is capable enough to get a long-term support from third-party developers (games exclusively made for Nintendo Switch, timed or whatever). That was the actual intention of my post.

Almost guaranteed, no.

Third party support will almost certainly be limited to PS360 remasters, indie titles and the odd game here and there.

Actually because it's releasing mid-generation, it is likely to be more powerful that the PS4 and XBox One. But by the time PS5 releases whis will be far behind.

LOL not a flying chance in hell its more powerful than the PS4 Xbone.

Edited by Aftrunner

lol its not going to be more powerful than PS4 etc given that its essentially a 6 inch tablet. Heck even the leaked specs are too much for that form factor.

How does it compare to Wii U?

3 times powerful GPU and a billion times powerful CPU.

Its rumored spec tho, probably bullshit.