Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Godamn no hype here in this forum for the Nintendo Switch!!?? New console?? Portable hybrid?? Damn guys... We really dont seem to like Nintendo products do we... come on now..

Because Nintendo doesn't give a flying fck about us as they don't even launch anything officially here.

It will carve out its own install base or double up with home consoles like how people owned PS360 with a DS back in the day. All depends upon the price though, like always.

I dont think so. Its almost guaranteed to be marketed at a different audience. I mean it might sell VERY well but its not gonna eat a chunk out of the FIFA/COD/BF audience. Those guys arent gonna bother with this (even comments in this thread is a good example of that).

Then there is third party support. I would downright shocked if it gets more than 10-20% current gen third party games, simply because I doubt a portable system is capable of running those games, no matter how well Nintendo rebuild their bridges. I mean its telling when they show off Skyrim instead of Fallout 4.

But yeah, this being a 3DS successor is definitely more exciting if you are a Nintendo fan. Getting games from two Nintendo systems in one place is pretty huge. Not just because it means more games for you but because all their teams can now focus on one HW instead of being split between the 3DS and WiiU.

Wii you did the same thing...it first created new install base and then started impacting ps3 and 360....People here might give no.s of ps3 and xbox sold but that was because they were longest running console generation and wii was not a long run horse but in half of the 5 years ....the charts were crazy wii always sold more than 2-3 times of ps3 and xbox.

lol its not going to be more powerful than PS4 etc given that its essentially a 6 inch tablet. Heck even the leaked specs are too much for that form factor.

3 times powerful GPU and a billion times powerful CPU.

Its rumored spec tho, probably bullshit.

It is BS. It's powered by an Nvidia Tegra. https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

3 times powerful GPU and a billion times powerful CPU.

Its rumored spec tho, probably bullshit.

As long as there is an adequate amount of variety in exclusives, I'll be happy!

NDS was the last Nintendo handheld device I ever owned (a gift from my aunt actually). Sadly, it died within a week and replacing the batteries didn't do it. :-( My father later bought me a PSP lol :P

Wii you did the same thing...it first created new install base and then started impacting ps3 and 360....People here might give no.s of ps3 and xbox sold but that was because they were longest running console generation and wii was not a long run horse but in half of the 5 years ....the charts were crazy wii always sold more than 2-3 times of ps3 and xbox.

Thing is though, there is nothing to suggest that Wii took out a chunk of the PS360 consumers. I think if the Wii didnt exist, the PS360 would probably have sold a little more but I dont think they would have sold the 120 million or whatever the Wii sold. Not even half of that. It was a different audience buying the Wii than the one that was buying PS360.

Thing is though, there is nothing to suggest that Wii took out a chunk of the PS360 consumers. I think if the Wii didnt exist, the PS360 would probably have sold a little more but I dont think they would have sold the 120 million or whatever the Wii sold. Not even half of that. It was a different audience buying the Wii than the one that was buying PS360.

Wii manage to create new install base because of its motion thing but this seems like regular console with handheld included....so there will be some impact atleast for sure.

Ps4 and Xbox specs may be very powerful but few good gameslike super mario galaxy 3, new zelda etc can hit their nos. big time specially during holidays.

Because Nintendo doesn't give a flying fck about us as they don't even launch anything officially here.

That is the thing I hate the most. More than the region locks and sh*t.

Relay sellers quote ridiculous prices for their products. i swear I saw a 54000 Rs 3DS (yes 3DS) on Flopkart the other day.

I am still amazed that people expect more powerful console from Nintendo :lol:

Like they're gonna launch a third (4th if you count PC) hardware with similar specs.

Funny thing is, everyone has either a ps4/xbox/pc abd they still want the same third party games on nintendo consoles as well :lol:

It is a shame though. Especially this gen because both Sony and MS output as far as console exclusives go has been incredibly weak this gen. Nintendo means guaranteed stellar first party games. If they could have locked down third party stuff like MS and Sony do, there literally would be no reason to buy any other console.

Nintendo fans going "lolol who needs third party games" doesnt help much either. They should be the ones pushing for it the hardest.

High-res images

Untitled.0.0.png

NX_hardware.0.jpg

The Switch controller is called the Joy-Con

Nintendo describes each small half-controller as a Joy-Con, with an analog stick and four face buttons on each. As we see above, they can be used separately, slotted onto the side of the main Switch body, or secured to a Joy-Con Grip accessory.

slack-imgs-1.com.0.jpeg

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/20/13345120/nintendo-switch-nx-console-everything-we-know

Funny thing is, everyone has either a ps4/xbox/pc abd they still want the same third party games on nintendo consoles as well :lol:

Ya even i don't get that..Why do people want to play same game on multiple systems..Right now i'm concerned about the price and region restrictions..