Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Huh, that article has some interesting details. Didn't know the Wii U/3DS had "official importers" in India.

Of course, it makes sense in retrospect.

Edited by petey

Hello everyone, I was introduced to IVG waaay back by Kushal and Reetesh.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through, but have been mostly on the handheld side of things, with the exception of the Wii.

I just got my Switch from Australia for $340. The prices of games looks intimidating (from the handheld perspective).

Looking to buy a used copy of Breath of the Wild, but not having much luck yet...

5 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

-snip-

Ah, so you're Rishi! Never imagined I'd run into you. (:

Edited by petey

That worked!1!1!! What's more, I actually genuinely have a new ebay account. Thanks a ton!

I was trying SAVEMORE48, which a friend had received via e-mail.

NR1y7Bg.png

Edited by petey
  • Like 1

Just got the Switch yesterday, and I couldn't play it much because I didn't have a compatible wall adapter. Honestly, I felt kind of disappointed by the screen (I had it on low brightness), to the point where I felt a bit underwhelmed with Zelda. I felt buyer's remorse about to kick in, and almost felt upset with myself for taking the plunge this early.

Just charged it up today, and set the brightness to about 60%... and good god, did that change my outlook on the device. This has to be one of the best displays, hands down, that I have ever seen on a handheld device. The colors look amazing. Gave some demos a try, and then Zelda, and the view was downright breathtaking. Blaster Master looked crisp and bright, Rayman looked amazing and so did Puyo Puyo.

What do I say about Breath of the Wild? I went in with low expectations, because my favorite games of the series are more story driven, such as Skyward Sword or Wind Waker... and I'm already blown away by just how impressive this game feels. I'm not even off the Great Plateau yet. (: Looking forward to the rest.

Edited by petey

54 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Okay. Thanks.

Ideally, what price should I pull the trigger at?

Just for reference, the whole thing cost me Rs. 25,607 to get the Switch from Australia + BotW from eBay. And that's with a $40 markup over the US price.

Edited by petey
  • Like 1