Official Nintendo Switch Thread

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Btw SMO is about $49.5 on South African eShop, so you can grab it from there if you haven't already.

Thanks for this. So should I just go ahead with my credit card, or would it be better to get a SA eshop card? Where would I get that card from? 

Dang, thanks man CC, both for SMO and

savecoins. Got it, and I will probably get arms too. 

I haven’t switched (heehee) on the PS4 since I’ve got the Switch, except for downloading plus games. 

I’ve been playing Zelda, 1-2 is superb fun in a party, MK8 is fun split screen, and now SMO and Arms. 

This has seriously turned into one amazing purchase. I even like the joy con grip controller. 

The only thing I don’t? The goddamn a-b reversal. Even now, after more than a hundred hours in Zelda, I still press that damn b when I want the horse to go faster. :rant: 

PS: how cool would be a good cricket game on this! 

Edited by achilles

Hey everyone... i'm on the verge of getting a Switch today. Getting Zelda, NBA 2K18 and thinking about Mario + Rabbids Battle and of course, Mario Odyssey tomorrow.

Question: What country should I create my Nintendo account on to buy digital games from (Indian Debit Card, intl. purchases enabled)? USA / Canada / Europe / Hong Kong - does it make a difference

On 10/6/2017 at 8:57 PM, CarbonCore said:

1. Log in to your account on Nintendo website

2. Change your country to Mexico

3. Log out and in on you Switch (since Mexico has no web store).

4. Buy using your credit card

5 ???

6. Profit.

Are all games in general, available on the Mexico store? Are prices better, and do Indian Debit Cards (ICICI, etc) work with International purchases on it enabled?

You can create in any region you want because you can change them later, but US is generally preferred because of English language during signup.

Different store have different prices, but generally SA is cheap for big games and Mexico for some indies.

Mario+Rabbids is available on local amazon btw so no need for digital or grey import.

On 10/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, Playstationdude said:

How much did you get it for? And from where?

:cheers:

Thanks! I got it from an old contact of mine who's been in the industry of buying/selling games for the past 7-8 years.

Impressions on the console itself... easily the best Nintendo console i've owned. Started young when I was in the US, with the original Game Boy, NES, the SNES, GB Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 64, and the Gamecube... enjoyed them all, but I can't recall them being more fun than the limited hours i've spent with the Switch so far.

I was never a part of the "Wii" or "3Ds" Nintendo Generation, so I was blown away by the graphics on the Switch. The last portable gaming system I owned was a PS Vita, which obviously pales in comparison as far as graphics, screen resolution and the game library are concerned. While games like Killzone, Uncharted and Gravity Rush were fun, I found the choice of games very limited compared to the library I already have on the Switch.

That said, while I'm not a fan of the Switch's bezels and overall size/weight (felt it could be a bit more optimized), the games are a joy to play and it truly feels like a "Portable Home Console". Being a huge fan of both the NBA 2K series and Rocket League, it's amazing that i'm able to carry them and play them on the go (RL in the next 2 weeks!!). Fills a huge gap which hasn't been manageable by iOS/Android gaming to date (surprisingly).

While i've barely been able to play the games at length (responsibilites, responsibilities...) - my general quick-thoughts on the games are as follows:

- Mario Odyssey - played half an hour, just beautiful... throws me back to how I first felt playing Mario 64 on the N64 when it first came out in the late 90s. Not a huge fan of the motion joycon cappy controls, but oh well.

- NBA 2K18 - amazingsauce... having the 2K experience on the go without having to resort to 2K China's yearly iterations on the iOS / Android ports are a blessing.

- Splatoons 2 - playing through the initial SP Campaign to learn the ropes - amazing portable experience. Tried one online game and obviously got slaughtered. Looking forward to spending more time with this.

- Mario Kart - my favorite so far <3 Haven't touched SP, jumped into online games from the get-go... surprisingly easy matchmaking and 100% reliable so far. Quick and easy, the way it should be. Amazingly fun!

- Zelda - haven't even tried it yet!

Overall super satisfied with the Switch experience so far - anyone who may be on the fence about buying the console, take the plunge. 

• Like 1