Official Nintendo Switch Thread

On the contrary i feel Zelda & SMO being such great games should be bought physically. Definitely for collection....They're cartridges and will last you practically forever. Don't worry you can find used Switch games in India too although not as easily.

^

@blitzkreiig Yup; Definitely worth getting physical. It's lovely having the actual case on hand. 

You guys are forgetting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It's one of the most relaxing and fun racung game I"ve seen. Definite must buy if you want to have a relaxing co-op or like to play online.

Anyway, next I'm looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm a fan of JRPGs and this seems to be on it's way tp ne quiye a good one.

Overall, an absolute superb year for Switch either way.

BTW this is old news, but a mainline Pokemon game has been confirmed for the Switch.

http://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-confirms-a-mainline-pokemon-game-is-coming-to-the-switch

This , I think shows that Nintendo is considering Switch as a successor to 3DS since mainline Pokemon games only went to the major Nintendo handheld of tge time, never to the home console.

Also, another old news but Shin Megami Tensei confirmed for Switch (with new trailer)

Edited by roun90

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

You guys are forgetting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It's one of the most relaxing and fun racung game I"ve seen. Definite must buy if you want to have a relaxing co-op or like to play online.

I would call MK8 many things but relaxing is not one of them :P 

The number of times I've raged and cursed out loud while playing online is way too high. Its still fun but man, the number of random ways you get taken out just when you're about to cross the finish line with good position is just enough to set your blood boiling.

Btw XC2 direct is in another 3 hours, don't miss it if you're interested in the game.

• Like 1

@CarbonCore That's definitely true. I shouldn't have used the word "relaxing". My mistake. Those damn lightning and homing turtles are quite bad for stress. But it's still damn fun nonetheless. MK8 was my first MK game, and it's really good. The tracks are very creative, as are the powers. But maybe if you've played a lot of MK games, you will be burnt out of this one. About XC2, it will be my first XC game as well. But the trailer looks pretty good and I've heard a lot of good things about Monolith Soft. Also I like JRPGs so let's see. Will look into the Direct later. BTW does Nintendo do seperate Directs for different games or a show like the PSX?

@waveking I might not be the best person to say this, since I've purchased some Eshop games for the 3ds, but recently Nintendo decided to close the Wii eshop. After a certain point, even the people who purchased the games will not be able to download it again. So unless you have the game on HDD, you will be unable to play it even if you paid for it (much like how P.T. is on PS4, only P.T. was free). This is also very bad considering that Wii was a PS3 era console. It's not old enough to consider the digital store antiquated. So be a little careful of Eshop purchases.

Edited by roun90

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct video (Now that the live version is offline)

Really nice Direct. Thanks for informing me about it @CarbonCore. BTW, anyone notice that in the trailer the JPN names called out do not match the subs (For ex. the girl is called Homura in Trailer and Pyra in the Subs). Minor inconvenience, but aside from that the game looks really good.

Edited by roun90

I just can't seem to get over Zelda. Every time I think, okay, this is it, I am going to finish off this last beast dungeon and head off to the princess, there's other things that just make me "waste" time, and before I know it, it's been a couple of hours and I have to put the controller down. :D 

Edit: and I just tried Dirt 4 on the PS4 the other day (played o the 4 after a good few months), and goddamn does  the DS4 suck! Those analog sticks are fkn worthless. What a rubbery piece of crap. Yech. I never felt this way before. Damn you Nintendo. 

Edited by achilles

On 11/14/2017 at 3:02 PM, adity said:

Get kontrolfreek 

I have another set of stick caps, the feel of the stick isn't the issue as much as how loose they feel compared to sticks on the joy cons. 

Also, any news on a Bayonetta 2 release for the Switch? Why aren't they doing it? 

Edited by achilles

On 04/11/2017 at 0:00 AM, Sach4life said:

Where can i get switch in Dubai for cheap? What is the cheapest price for which i can expect to get switch from there?

The Switch is currently for 1250 AED on Souq.com , plus they give an additional year of warranty plus damage protection for 75 AED. Seems like a really good deal. 

Reviews out. Still strong after all these years. FjqJMLi.png

• Six years after its original release Skyrim is still a magnificent RPG, set in a detailed world. Carrying a game like this in our pocket, thanks to Nintendo Switch, is pure magic.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an amazing game and this was never more true than in 2011.
  • Skyrim on Switch is the same excellent game it's always been. It doesn't support mods but the fact that such a massive, engrossing game is now portable is justification alone for another purchase.
  • Motion controls add a breath of fresh air to a familiar game, with astounding results. A must-have for anyone with a Switch and a love of open world games.
  • A strong foundation and a high-quality port make Skyrim worth revisiting on Switch.
  • Taken as a whole, Skyrim: Switch Edition is a mighty impressive achievement. There are some minor cutbacks that needed to be made to make it run well on the hardware, but it doesn't detract from the experience in any significant way. It's Skyrim on the go, and that alone is a monumental milestone in my book.

@slackerninja - All in all, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch is near perfect. It might not be the best looking version of the game, but it's the most accessible, trouble-free way to enjoy this well-worn classic.

6lOwsyt.png

Easy buy. One of the best port. nqAZ4jb.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

http://time.com/5027427/nintendo-switch-sales-2017/?xid=homepage

The Switch became the fastest-selling console in Nintendo’s history just about a month after it launched, and it’s showing no signs of slowing down. Nintendo’s flagship console was the number one selling video game hardware device in October, according to new figures from NPD Group, a market research firm that tracks U.S. video game sales.

Between the Nintendo Switch, Super Nintendo Entertainment System [SNES] Classic, and the company’s line of 3DS handheld devices, Nintendo accounted for two-thirds of all video game hardware sold in the U.S. for the second month in a row.