Official Nintendo Switch Thread

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nonsense. This is what my library looks like (couple of demos) and only 3 games are bought at full price.

DQi4G90UEAAs14C.jpg

Those 3 full priced games are Zelda, Mario nd Xenoblade, right?   Iam talking about Nintendo first party exclusives not 3rd party games. Very rarely you see Zelda and Mario on sale.

I checked BF sales thread on Gaf and Era and i didn't see Mario or Zelda in list. I mean it make sense coz Mario and Zelda are killer app system sellers. People are buying system for these 2games only.

Edited by WhiteWolf

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Which are those 3 games?  Iam talking about Nintendo first party exclusives not 3rd party games.

I checked BF sales thread on Gaf and Era and i didn't see Mario or Zelda in list.

Except Zelda you can get all first party Nintendo games for less than $50, and third party game cheaper than other platforms thanks to region hopping. Stardew Valley is like $8, Sonic $12.

Alright then. I saw few Black friday related topics on Gaf and Era and found this

Best Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals

In the US:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for $39.99

Super Mario Odyssey for $57.99

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $58.99

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for $56.99

Splatoon 2 for $56.99

Batman: The Telltale Series for $19.99

I always hear people say that don't expect any big discount on Nintendo exclusives like Zelda or Mario for atleast 1 year or more.

You can get any Nintendo game(or any game) on launch day at 20% with Amazon US Prime or BB GCU. All my friends and colleagues buy their console games day 1 or wait for deep sales.

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

On the same boat. emoji20.png There are so many nice games on Switch that I want to play but afraid it'll end up super expensive. 

Maybe in 2018...

There is no way you can go wrong with Nintendo Switch and the games it is offering. The best setup IMO right now is a PC, PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch. I am excited to see when Nintendo will bring the Wii virtual console to switch. I missed so many Wii games because of school and college.

Edited by Keano

Incredible. W8NgEr7.png 

Reading old comments:

So bad. Its going to bomb like Wii U.

Wii U lifetime sales are about 13M.

I think this will be very huge....infact so huge that ps4 and xbox1 will face big impact in their sales....

PlayStation got it right.

Looks bad. I rather buy PS4 Pro than this weird looking thing

Oh, really?

Don't expect new games from 3rd party. They all will re-release XboxOne and PS4 games of last year and this year on Switch. That's it.

Hmm...

Basically it's a rebadged Nvidia Shield TV with some added functionality.

LOL

They are dead on arrival if its 299$. Guaranteed.

Actually ran out of stock. 

Can't wait to see some people's reactions after a year when this thing will still be selling good.

Amazing! 

• Haha 2

Not at the present moment, no. Zcc0gMB.png Maybe in coming months during a sale.

__

trfNXiC.jpg

• Bayonetta will run you $49.99/ €49.99/ £49.99 digitally through the eShop.
  • Buy Bayonetta 2 get the original Bayonetta for $9.99/ €9.99/ £9.99 through the eShop.
  • Buying the digital version of Bayonetta will cost you $29.99/ €29.99/ £29.99 and then Bayonetta 2 will run you $29.99/ €29.99.

The game will support 2 players local co-op and will run at 720p/60FPS. Additionally, it’s been confirmed that Platinum Games itself is working on the ports, with no external involvement.

lol PS4 didn't really face big impact because of Switch, in fact they just recorded their highest selling year. Switch carved out its own install base like the Wii. Also 3rd parties re-releasing  last year's PS4/Bone downports is pretty much spot on.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:44 PM, CarbonCore said:

It will carve out its own install base or double up with home consoles like how people owned PS360 with a DS back in the day. All depends upon the price though, like always.

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Physical copy includes both versions. In fact there's no separate Bayo 1 only copy unless you buy digital.

Are you sure about that? Based on the poster given by Joe above the special edition still has a download code for Bayonetta 1. So my understanding is there are 3 options:

1) Buy the special edition for $60. Get digital download code for Bayonetta 1, physical game card for Bayonetta 2, and extras

2) Buy digital Bayonetta 1 for $30, get option to buy Bayonetta 2 for $30

3) Buy digital Bayonetta 2 for $50, get option to buy Bayonetta 1 for $10

This means there is no Bayonetta 1 physical game card for Switch at all no matter what you buy. The only physical media for Bayonetta 1 on a Nintendo system is the Wii U disk that was limited to the first print run of Bayonetta 2.

EDIT: It seems the Japan only Non-Stop Climax Edition will have physical copies of both Bayonetta 1 & 2. Other regions get digital Bayonetta 1.

Edited by bowser

I meant physical includes both games. I was replying to the above post that said the collection doesn't include Bayonetts 1.

You can buy Bayonetta 1 physical separately from ebay if you don't get Japan CE, but get ready to drop more than $100 for it.

There is this seller on ebay called Stego who claims to have been appointed as authorised resellers of Nintendo products in India. They will entertain claims of warranty but the goods needs to be sent to Pune. Can anybody shed some light on this please, if it is safe to purchase?

I am really interested in purchasing switch but prefer to buy it physically but finding no such options in calcutta. Other online sellers too are not eliciting much trust. 

@R3D_D3ViL AFAIK, there are no official resellers of Nintendo products in India. Also, in India, none of the Nintendo products are available officially. So Wii U, 3DS, Switch etc. do not get warranty in India because Nintendo has not launched them here. I don't think Nintendo even plans on launching any consoles in India officially.

Be careful of any seller in ebay claiming to be an official Nintendo supplier in India. I don't think he would be legitimate. There might be high chance of fraud.

BTW Nintendo products are generally of good quality. Have a 3DS XL (Original version not new 3ds which came with a C Stick) which is functioning well till now. So I don't see much problem in importing Nintendo consoles.

@roun90

There are a few official resellers/distributors in India. One of the prominent ones is Samurai. The Wii was widely available here because of them.

Wii U seems to have been given a miss by everyone but now Switch is again widely available. I don't know who the importers are though.

This eBay guy appears a little shady right now because I would expect an authorised retailer to be in a major city like Mumbai or Delhi. Doesn't mean he isn't genuine but we need more proof.

20 minutes ago, bowser said:

@roun90

There are a few official resellers/distributors in India. One of the prominent ones is Samurai. The Wii was widely available here because of them.

Wii U seems to have been given a miss by everyone but now Switch is again widely available. I don't know who the importers are though.

This eBay guy appears a little shady right now because I would expect an authorised retailer to be in a major city like Mumbai or Delhi. Doesn't mean he isn't genuine but we need more proof.

Samurai has grey market nintendo stuff afaik. They do offer seller warranty but I don't think it's a full fledged one. 

Wii was released here officially by Reddington towards the end of it's life cycle for an atrocious pricing of 17-18k iirc.